Last night's cravings

Options
heyjude2014j
heyjude2014j Posts: 48 Member
edited February 2016 in Social Groups
Last night I was craving chocolate and mainly alcohol and bread last night. I ate 2.5 chicken sausages and drank the rest of the whipping cream instead (prob only 2ish oz). I have a dark chocolate bar in case of emergency but I don't really want to eat it- I just like knowing it's there. I think what was really at the core of it is my husband wasn't paying the kind of attention to me that I wanted and I was feeling sorry for myself. I prob could've handled it better but It definitely could have been a full full on binge. So I'm happy I did as well as I could. Thanks for reading. Trying to stay strong ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

...while I'm being honest I did take 5 ativan over the course of the evening (usually only take 1) and i smoked 1 cigarette. So in reality I did binge on my rx (for anxiety) and I've quit smoking so that doesn't work either. I'm thankful for this forum where I can be totally honest.

Ps..I'm not touching alcohol this month

Replies

• malovafarms
    malovafarms Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    thanks for finding a place to be honest.. honourable .. I have a hard time at nights as well sometimes and sometimes those sometimes are more often.. but admitting always seems to be a good step ... and yes being thankful you practiced old coping ways.. reaching for food but caught yourself before a binge.. good work :) good luck :)
  • heyjude2014j
    heyjude2014j Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you, that means a lot. The support really helps as I a new to opening up to other people about this part of my life. o:)
  • katnoir1
    katnoir1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You recognised the problem and managed to identify the cause - both huge achievements. And while you may have "binged" in a sense, you didn't give in to the food, which is what you were hoping to achieve. Just need to find some good habits to replace the old, bad ones :)
  • Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hugs and high fives!!! You may feel
    Like you're stumbling, but you're stumbling forward! The husband factor can be tricky! I know this all too well! Keep up your effort and you'll achieve whatever your goals are!
  • beccapeterson26
    beccapeterson26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you are craving chocolate I have a yummy treat idea! Mix a little cocoa powder with some heaving whipping cream (Or full fat milk) and pour over the frozen fruit. It freezes the cream and makes a sweet treat :) Just don't use too much heaving whipping cream since it is very high in fat.
    Thanks for opening up to everyone here!
  • slaunderville
    slaunderville Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I gave into some cravings last night too. It is hard to be honest about that sometimes and I really respect and thank you for sharing.
  • teruma
    teruma Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem is having "bad" food in front of me and not being able to resist it. That means I do pretty well at home but any occasion outside where there's free food available I'll just succumb and my willpower goes down to zero. Just this morning I went to a lab to get my blood tested and there was free coffee and cookies; not only I had a couple of cookies but also had a cup of hot chocolate, just because it was there, it's not even something I like or crave.
  • LHWhite903
    LHWhite903 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Relationship problems must be addressed head-on through an open and honest discussion, @heyjude2014j . @beccapeterson26 , try a fruit bowl topped with cacao nibs, nuts and cinnamon sans whipped cream. I did so last night and it was wonderful. :smile:
    @teruma , why do you think you do this? Is this a pattern stemming from some other experiences or a learned habit from watching someone?

Personally, I have the fear of scarcity that comes from dieting as well as boredom and stress, food as comfort. I'm working on it. Also, identifying "enough" and "too much/little" isn't easy for me, without outside help like MFP.