Friday's Coming - Are You Ready for the Weekend?

lizadaze
lizadaze Posts: 118 Member
Hey Lean on Me teammates!

I have really enjoyed reading all your posts on the Monday thread for this week. Seriously, we are all making progress, but have had our struggles too.

Stay strong, people! Keep it going! Remember your goal that you're trying to achieve in 11 weeks (by April 24th). How will you get there? How does your preparation and decision making on a daily and weekly basis help you make progress.

Forget about striving for perfection and aim for making progress. With progress will come success! New habits will replace old ones with consistent effort over 12 weeks.

I have to run - (literally). Headed to the gym to meet with Marine captain, trainer Ken. I have a feeling tonight is going to be a new challenge. He seems to hit me with a killer workout on Thursday nights for some reason.

So are you ready for the weekend? I sure am and can't wait to make it a good one.

Replies

• kesslemg
    kesslemg Posts: 47 Member
    I am ready for the weekend but unsure what it has in store for me. I do know that I have a doubleheader of indoor flag football to go to and we may try and head to my in-laws after that. It's supposed to be REALLY cold here in Indiana this weekend so I doubt that I will get my walks in tomorrow. I'm hoping to get to the gym Sunday and go to spinning class.
  • lizadaze
    @kesslemg My parents are in Indiana, too! I'm in Rhode Island and the polar vortex hit us last night and will last through the weekend with below zero temps. It is supposed to warm back up, however, early next week. So I challenge you to get to that spinning class on Sunday. As I challenge myself to get in TWO gym visits (Saturday and Sunday).
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Hi !

Temperature here will be around -30 C (Which I think is 20 below zero in F. Yeah, I'm french canadian :D )
    But still, I will go to the gym and try to stay good with calorie intake.

Today, is a well deserved rest day.
    Tomorow, I'm starting a new bodyweight routine which I'm really excited about.

Congratulation all on your acheivements! It's always a motivation to read everyone!

• lizadaze
    @Isabelle Seriously, -30 temps! I visited Canada once in January - never again. Your profile photo is so awesome it makes me think of summer. I guess that is why you are doing a back flip, because you are happy it is warm! :smiley:

Have a great weekend. Will enjoy hearing about your bodyweight routine. Is that like TRX? I've been doing TRX a lot at the gym, which is basically uses your own body weight for resistence.
  • martinezkrauss
    martinezkrauss Posts: 20 Member
    Hi Friends,

I get chills just reading these weather figures! Wow!! Still Super Bowl weather here - 30 min outside of San Franciscso - 72 with a bit of overcast.

I find reading about our struggles and successes very motivating to just continue forward.

For the weekend staying in and doing my walking in place as much as I can and working out on my weight bench - two sessions of 1 hr and 15 min of weights. I use to walk the neighbor hood for two hours a day in trying to loose weight or go to the lake near by. Now I just love being home and making so much progress with my exercise as well as my food choices.

For me since twice in the past I lost 40 lbs and just gained it back when I resumed old habits (both times with WW) I was not going to get my hopes up with the fitness pal program (I have set a goal to lose just one pound a week) but now I am greatly encouraged. Tuesday was day eight for me on the myfitnesspal program and I seem to have found my groove, but last night was an even more positive experience. I got up at 2am stressed about an issue and ate food - not junk! No chocolate - no sugary cold cereal.

I continued that achievement: For the first time ever in my life I accurately tracked all the "over-eating" calories in the my fitness program - no lying to myself as I have done in the past - and have yet to have any food today b/c I am not hungry! Those 618 calories counted as an early breakfast which really surprises me.

My most significant food change: In the last two months I have reduced my bread eating a lot and eating at least one cup of black beans daily. Yesterday I did not have the beans until the 2am overeating so I am thinking that is why I was led to eat and still have no hunger today - Hurrah for beans!

I am feeling secure that I am on the right path. I am walking in place at min two hours a day to Leslie Sansone's video while watching PBS American Experience shows on YouTube. Still drinking too many lite coffee drinks, but adding less soymik and no sugar.

Wishing you all continued success this weekend!! - Jonathan K.
  • lizadaze
    @martinezkrauss - I'm thrilled to hear about your new groove. Doesn't it feel great? I feel the same way.

I'm not doing everything perfectly and find that I am definitely drawn to eat (especially sweets) when I am bored, tired or stressed. Figuring out these patterns and then making a concerted effort to change them, is really eye-opening. As well as being honest with myself, even when I fall off the diet wagon.

One thing I've been doing on most days is making myself a protein shake for dessert in the evening or right before bed. I use a lot of ice, milk and then a good protein powder. I really enjoy the taste of the protein I use (Unjury, available only online), so I feel like I'm having a delicious milkshake. I also reduced my bread product consumption and increased my protein.

Beans are great! I think I'm going to soak some beans tonight and make a pot of bean soup tomorrow. It should offset the chilly weekend and is a great meal or snack. Beans, broth, carrot, onion and a few herbs and spices and olive oil. It doesn't seem to need much to be a filling and healthy appetite suppressant.
  • gdghb
    gdghb Posts: 7 Member
    lizadaze wrote: »

I have really enjoyed reading all your posts on the Monday thread for this week. Seriously, we are all making progress, but have had our struggles too.

Stay strong, people! Keep it going! Remember your goal that you're trying to achieve in 11 weeks (by April 24th). How will you get there? How does your preparation and decision making on a daily and weekly basis help you make progress.

Forget about striving for perfection and aim for making progress. With progress will come success! New habits will replace old ones with consistent effort over 12 weeks.

I have to run - (literally). Headed to the gym to meet with Marine captain, trainer Ken. I have a feeling tonight is going to be a new challenge. He seems to hit me with a killer workout on Thursday nights for some reason.

So are you ready for the weekend? I sure am and can't wait to make it a good one.

How do I make a post to the group
  • gdghb
    gdghb Posts: 7 Member
    gdghb wrote: »

How do I make a post to the group

• lizadaze
    You just did! :-)
  • lizadaze
    Scroll down to the bottom of the thread of any discussion topic and write your reply. Then be sure to hit the "post reply". You don't have to quote anything if you don't want to. Just start typing and it will work. Test it out - we understand and WELCOME you to the group!
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    @Isabelle Seriously, -30 temps! I visited Canada once in January - never again. Your profile photo is so awesome it makes me think of summer. I guess that is why you are doing a back flip, because you are happy it is warm! :smiley:

Have a great weekend. Will enjoy hearing about your bodyweight routine. Is that like TRX? I've been doing TRX a lot at the gym, which is basically uses your own body weight for resistence.

@lizadaze
    We get use to the cold ;) , I couldn't live without my winters !! You just need good clothes.

Yes some of the "pulling" motion will be really similar to TRX.
    I have always been following programs with DVD's mostly and I'm use to working out everyday. Now with this program it's important that I learn to REST. Workout 3 days a week.

I am feeling secure that I am on the right path.

This is so great to read! Keep it up !
  • Sillybee727
    Sillybee727 Posts: 131 Member
    Feeling good over here. I'm much more in control on the weekend when I have more time. Stronglifts is going well, squats getting easier already. Tomorrow Zumba and maybe a long walk. It's cold here in DC so I'm really glad to have finally gotten a cheap treadmill off Craigslist a few months ago. I wasn't sure if I'd actually use it but sometimes this winter it's been the only way I get my steps.

@martinezkrauss I was noticing the same thing about black beans just today! I had them with scrambled eggs and salsa for lunch and realized as I was making dinner that I hadn't gotten hungry yet. More beans in my immediate future!

This weekend I'm going dry so I don't burn all my hard earned exercise calories on wine.

Good luck everyone!
  • momof2boyz832
    momof2boyz832 Posts: 682 Member
    Happy Saturday morning..it is chilly here on the east coast of Canada..only 4F but a wind chill of much colder. It is going to be an inside day, even the hockey rink will seem warmer. Not a bad week so far...still struggling with the sugar cravings, and giving into them... Atta a girl moment last night when I passed on a glass/bottle of wine for a cup of tea..Never happens but I held in there and happy with myself for doing so. Now if I could do the same with the candy...
    Have a great weekend and hang in there :)
  • kesslemg
    kesslemg Posts: 47 Member
    Made it to spinning today. The class was a killer! We did 6 tabatas! I'm so tired now. We went to my in laws yesterday and stayed overnight. I slept like crap so between that and my killer workout I'm done for the day! I'm definitely glad that I went and worked out. The boys want heart shaped pizzas from papa johns. ...
  • lizadaze
    Hey, everyone. We made it through the weekend. I had a rough day on Saturday, but got back on track Sunday. Just got home from a killer workout and I feel so much better for doing it. It was my best cardio session to date and I kicked *kitten*!! An hour on the elliptical, 75 flights of stairs, level 10 and then did weight lifting afterwards. I am so stressed out about my job, but this workout helped me feel more in control. Making a pot of soup right now. Will post a pic and recipe later.

This discussion has been closed.