Do you weigh yourself and/or use the sticks?

Options
2»

Replies

• randomventures
    randomventures Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @dietbepsi yay for judgement jeans, that's what I call mine, so much more accurate than scales!
    Keto sticks and all the other urine testing sticks are notoriously unreliable. They are unstable, have quite a large tolerance built in and are only a snapshot of what's going on in your urinary system rather than what your body is doing. From a strict science, physiological point of view ketosis is often a short lived phenomena, it occurs soon after you have depleted glycogen and is the precursor for your body becoming fat adapted. However in popular literature the word ketosis remains. Long term fat adaptation is what we're after, the body learns how to use ketones properly and doesn't waste any. The longer you are low carb, the better your fat adaptation gets, the more your body prefers the energy source and with most people an infrequent carb indiscretion will not take you back to being a primary carb burner.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    I just want to throw out there that I've been doing keto for over a year and a half, and I've yet to use a ketostick.
  • dietbepsi
    dietbepsi Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    So this was pretty exciting. I put my jeans on last Sunday and couldn't button them. I was going to wait at least two weeks before trying them on again. But after work today I was so bad wanting to weigh myself but I KNEW I would get so discouraged, so I tried the jeans on. They went right up and buttoned!! FIVE DAYS LATER. If THAT didn't make me happy and motivated!!! I need to hide the batteries in the scale lol, because it plays with my mind.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I agree hide the scale, or at least learn to not let that number affect you. The lb I lost yesterday showed back up today. Since I know it's impossible for me to gain 1 lb of fat overnight, I don't even care. And the size 8 skinny jeans I wore today proves the scale is an idiot.
  • vikashsinha
    vikashsinha Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Try intermittent fasting to kick start your weight loss of you are experiencing plateau
  • vikashsinha
    vikashsinha Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I meant if you are experiencing plateauing
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to measure yourself, if this hasn't been mentioned! The inches drop faster than pounds sometimes (did for me!), and can be great motivation to continue! So glad you have some results to see though! If these jeans already zip it's time for skinnier jeans :wink: You are ROCKIN it! Congratulations!!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Lost over an inch off my hips this week. Weight same. Tape measurements n clothes are great especially when scales ignore efforts.