Introduce yourself.

Options
We don't start til March 1, but feel free to tell the group about yourself. Even if you have been with the group in the fall slimdown or winter blast challenges go ahead and tell everyone about yourself.

Replies

• zainab1983
    zainab1983 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm completely new to this so please be patient with me....anyway, I'm a 33 year old grad student from NYC....I'm the smallest I've been in my life; I've lost well over 100 pounds thru portion control, exercise and honestly learning how to cope with things emotionally. I exercise frequently and I make healthy eating part of my lifestyle. I love healthy cooking, jogging, swimming and studying...yeah, I'ma nerd. I look forward to interacting with you all in the next few weeks.

Be well
    Zee
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    zainab1983 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm completely new to this so please be patient with me....anyway, I'm a 33 year old grad student from NYC....I'm the smallest I've been in my life; I've lost well over 100 pounds thru portion control, exercise and honestly learning how to cope with things emotionally. I exercise frequently and I make healthy eating part of my lifestyle. I love healthy cooking, jogging, swimming and studying...yeah, I'ma nerd. I look forward to interacting with you all in the next few weeks.

Be well
    Zee
    Welcome Zee!

• determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm looking forward to this challenge. I just finished up a Valentines day challenge and found it very motivational, so I'm ready to jump into another one. I'm 27 and have lost 37 lbs, only 11 pounds to goal.
  • glam_nurse
    glam_nurse Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm a 35 year old nurse and mom of 2 small children. I want and need to lose 25 pounds. I am looking forward to this challenge and reaching my goal weight.
  • Lykkelig_o
    Lykkelig_o Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm new to MFP and I want to loose 15 kg (not all in this challenge of course :) ). I'm 33. Once I've lost 8 kg in 3 months just by moving more and tracking my food, but then I changed my job, stayed late and lost my momentum. I want to learn eating in my nutrition range and working out every day again.
  • briwashington5
    briwashington5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm kind of new to MFP. I want to lose 80 lbs, have 50 to go. Just need to do it with other people. Doing it by myself is getting old. Looking forward to the challenge!
  • aarroyo0529
    aarroyo0529 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Anita I am 35 years old and mother of two. Although my children are very active I am NOT . I am very excited about this challenge and hopefully it helps me with my ultimate goal of losing all this weight and getting to 125 pounds.
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Let me introduce myself. I am your group leader Melodie . I am a trauma icu nurse and in August when I started my first group I saw a need for a group challenge that was fun, motivating and supportive. We tried a 16 week challenge which was a little long and we tried a few different things but all in all we had fun, made a few friends and most of us lost weight . The big thing is being accountable. Don't give up on your self. The second group is the winter blast challenge and we tried an amazing race contest. Our challenge was only 8 weeks. We truely have had a lot of fun and many members will be returning for another round. Since August I lost 55 lbs and I am over half way to goal. So yes we will have fun while staying on track and striving to meet our goals.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,411 Member
    Options
    I'm Chris. I lost 60 pounds 10 years ago and have kept it off for the most part. The older I get the easier it is to put it back on. I'm having a real battle with salt lately, and I am a salt-snack person. I've been struggling with 10 pounds for the past three months... down 2...up 2...down 3...up 4! I will just keep working on it every day. I need to stay focused on what I know works.

My husband and I retired last April. We walk everyday except some Fridays. I spend time on the recumbent then workout at the gym or to a DVD most days. My daughter teaches 1st grade and I help her out in the classroom every afternoon. First graders are a trip, for sure!! Looking forward to this challenge.

Thank you, Melodie, for setting this up!

Chris
  • jodyjenkins78
    jodyjenkins78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jody and I am new to my journey to lose weight. I am 5'4 and wanting to lose the extra 20kg I've carried for the past 5 years. Looking forward to this challenge.
  • mandyloose123
    mandyloose123 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello to everyone! My name is Mandy, I'm 34 and have two wonderful boys. After my birthday I noticed that I started gaining weight until I reached a weight that I hadn't seen since after I had my youngest who is now 11. I went through denial, anger, and now I'm ready to kick my butt back into shape and make lifestyle changes I can continue for the rest of my life. I'm in it to lose a lot and gain everything!
  • hobbesent
    hobbesent Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Brian and I want to lose some of this tonnage. Looking forward to a good challenge!
  • isabelmart140goal
    Options
    Hi my name's Isabel. I'm a mother of two and have found events like 10k/5k have been very motivational for me but am looking for more day to day motivation. Can't wait to start this challenge with you all and see how far we can go!
  • jenniferstavich
    jenniferstavich Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jen. 30yrs old 5'2" 140ish. Hit my first goal on VDay of 140. Now on to the next 10! Started at 156 end of November. I'm thinking I need to do a sprint triathlon to really kick my butt into high gear. If anyone has a similar goal message me. I like accountability.
  • cindalu1212
    cindalu1212 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Lucinda and I'm a 37 year old wife and mother of three girls ages 13,10, and 5. I also work as a part time children's minister. I started this weight loss journey one month ago today and I'm excited to say I've lost ten pounds. I hope to lose 100 in the long run. I'm excited to be a part of this challenge. I'm hoping there's a chance I can be in onederland by June just in time for Vbs, taking kids to camp and family reunion. Hoping this challenge can help keep me on track.
  • itazfan
    itazfan Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Jennifer. I'm 44 been overweight most of my life. I'm diabetic that is the reason I want to lose weight. I have lost 21.5 pounds of the 100 that I want to lose.
    This group helps motivate me and keeps me on track.
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I am Mauli(Molly) and mother of 2 kids a teenager and a 7 year old. I have done the winter blast challenge and it has kept me motivated through out the journey. I have lost 17.2 lbs so far. I can't wait to join the spring time challenge again. Looking forward for another motivational challenges
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hi my name's Tara. I have 50 lbs to lose. I have started and stopped many times. Hoping this motivates me to keep going.
  • lupie777
    lupie777 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hello all my name is Danae I'm 41 yr old nurse who is currently disabled from multiple autoimmune disorders. Lupus being the main one. I have a 15yr old boy and 16yr old girl. I'm currently in the winter blast challenge and I've lost 11 pounds. I still have 38 pounds to go. The challenges are a ton of fun and most certainly held me accountable. I look forward to the spring challenge and making new friends. Good luck everyone. We can do this!!!!
  • c_leeee
    c_leeee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Lee, 26 years old! I run a karate school with my fiancé; I've lost 89lbs since July 2014 and I have about 36 more lbs to go before my goal weight! I joined the Winter Challenge for the "public" weekly weigh in to keep me accountable! Can't wait to be a part of the Spring one!