I tried on the bikini today

Options
tracefan
tracefan Posts: 382 Member
Well YES I CAN get away with it. HOWEVER, I'm not thrilled. I still feel that belly pouch that is just so stubborn. I have 5 weeks until my vacation. I'm trying so damn hard.. I hope I can be happy in my swimsuit by March... Wonder what else I can do. I go to the gym, cardio and I'm keeping in my calorie range, but WOW am I sick of it. lol

Replies

• VegFit72
    VegFit72 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I maintain a steady weight/body fat that is a bit higher than I want and it's so hard to drop it down and if I do then it's hell to keep it there :( Good luck--hope you get to your goal!
  • tracefan
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Thanks Natural.. I'm trying. :)
    OH and I love your profile photo.. when I breastfed my kids I was so skinny and the pregnancy weight came right off. My kids are 14 and 11 and honestly I wish I could breastfeed right now.. lol lol lol
  • ChristinaOrr65
    ChristinaOrr65 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Are you doing any strength training at the gym? That could help, but also you know what they say, "abs are made in the kitchen," so switching up what you are eating instead of only tracking how much can help. For me, sugar and processed foods will make me much more bloated and keep the weight on, even if they are within my calorie range. https://www.myliporidex.com/blog/the_training_myth/
  • tracefan
    Options
    Oh trust me.. I eat very well. I had two kids and it's just there. I can wear a bikini but I want to look like a washboard. lol
    Are you doing any strength training at the gym? That could help, but also you know what they say, "abs are made in the kitchen," so switching up what you are eating instead of only tracking how much can help. For me, sugar and processed foods will make me much more bloated and keep the weight on, even if they are within my calorie range. https://www.myliporidex.com/blog/the_training_myth/

• dairaoga
    dairaoga Posts: 22 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Me too. lol
    tracefan wrote: »
    I can wear a bikini but I want to look like a washboard. lol
  • natrose2010
    natrose2010 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I refuse to try one on until i get the last 13 lbs off.
  • dairaoga
    Options
    I always feel ashamed wearing a bikini because of my 'pooch'. But I always wear it because when summer comes and my pooch is still there I don't really have another choise how to enjoy summer activities... I hope this year will be different, but actually I very doubt it.
  • tracefan
    Options
    It's not a fun time to let it all out when only wearing a bikini. I'm going to do it when I go on Vacation. I will not look like a 20 year old and that is ok. I'm doing my best to be comfortable in my own skin and the bikini will just have to work with me. lol
  • tarabole
    tarabole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I head down south on March 18th. My plan is a mix of HIIT training and some steady state fat burning cardio as well as some plyometrics/circuit training. I find the combination of these things can be really effective. I use the Kayla itsines bikini body guides for the circuit training which I find are really effective at tightening things up!
  • Scrappydo67
    Scrappydo67 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing all you can, I hope you reach your goal! Just putting it out there though, there ARE bathing suits that are not bikinis that are still super-sexy. One pieces with a plunging neckline, high-waisted retro-style 2 pieces, etc. Those can be very hot! Just sayin' :)
  • tarabole
    tarabole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing all you can, I hope you reach your goal! Just putting it out there though, there ARE bathing suits that are not bikinis that are still super-sexy. One pieces with a plunging neckline, high-waisted retro-style 2 pieces, etc. Those can be very hot! Just sayin' :)

One pieces are really in style right now!

• tracefan
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Thanks scrappydo. Yes you are right! Going shopping in 2 weeks.
  • dairaoga
    Options
    I don't think one piece is a solution. At least for me. It only makes my round belly more prominent.
  • tracefan
    Options
    Thats funny that you said that. NOTHING hides the belly. Unless I'm wearing a grandma suit. I personally like having a bikini. I feel way better in one when my belly is where I want it to be. It's really just my lower abdomen that kills me. The typical Mom pooch. Nothing a high cut bottom can't hide or a cover up..as worse case scenario
    dairaoga wrote: »
    I don't think one piece is a solution. At least for me. It only makes my round belly more prominent.
  • dairaoga
    Options
    tracefan wrote: »
    Thats funny that you said that. NOTHING hides the belly. Unless I'm wearing a grandma suit. I personally like having a bikini. I feel way better in one when my belly is where I want it to be. It's really just my lower abdomen that kills me. The typical Mom pooch. Nothing a high cut bottom can't hide or a cover up..as worse case scenario
    dairaoga wrote: »

I never ever wear a high cut bottom!! It just squeezes into my lower belly soo ugly. I better let my pooch hang over low cut bottoms.

• LyssieLou
    LyssieLou Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Is it bad that I don't have children yet but my body looks like I did haha (but im trying to get pregnant, want a baby so very badly... bless all you mommies out there!!!).. but I had two major abdominal surgeries and the vertical 13in scar is terribly unforgiving... I'm trying to lose my lower belly but my muscles are practically destroyed... any ideas for flattening it out... I have all my bikinis ready and out but lord knows I won't wear one yet : /
  • fishtaco19
    fishtaco19 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Not to give up on your goal of the bikini, but my go to is bikini top with black lulu speed shorts. They have a liner, and cover the pooch and I think they are the most flattering shorts ever. They make your butt look good too!

Good luck and I am very envious of all you sun bound folks!