WOW scale hasn't moved

Options
tracefan
tracefan Posts: 382 Member
such a downer.. when the scale just stays the same. It's frustrating. It's just not possible for me to eat any less without feeling starved. I ran 4 miles yesterday and everyday.. I lift weights. I stay within my calorie range and well... give me a break already. SHEESH... OK now I mean BUSINESS!!!

Replies

• dogs_n_wine
    dogs_n_wine Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Have you tried measuring yourself instead of weighing? I had the same problem. Come to find out, inches were melting away, but I had been replacing the weight of my fat with the weight of my muscle. Don't get discouraged!
  • hev481
    hev481 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That's such a frustrating feeling! How long have you been weighing? Are you just starting, or hitting a plateau? What sorts of foods are you eating, and how accurately do you track? If you want help I would be happy to take a look! Though if it has been less than 10 days or so (of good eating/exercise) it could just be a combination of body water due to sodium/hormones etc. and you are just waiting for the "whoosh" of loss to show up on the scale!
  • teruma
    teruma Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Same here, sometimes I even gain even though I'm doing everything right! I cook my own meals, weight everything before logging, exercise... It's frustrating!
  • tracefan
    Options
    I think I need to do that more often YES. I'm all about losing inches. I usually determine that by how my clothing fits. Thanks I'll measure again.
    Have you tried measuring yourself instead of weighing? I had the same problem. Come to find out, inches were melting away, but I had been replacing the weight of my fat with the weight of my muscle. Don't get discouraged!

• tracefan
    Options
    I know so many factors attribute to this.. but it really can be super frustrating.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Been there. Intellectually, I know there's other ways to see progress, you just wonder why the scale won't cooperate. It's one thing to stay stagnant, another to go up! Arrrrrgh! I keep a new pair of pants next to the scale to keep me sane. Those are fitting better, but move already, scale!!!!!!! :s
  • smelbo
    smelbo Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It's harder as you get closer to a reasonable weight. I used to weigh myself everyday, that's frustrating, cause I go up and down , better to weigh in once a week, same time same place, to get a more accurate picture. NSV is fitting into a summer dress that was" snug"" last year. I try it on every week or so...I can do it up now, but still a bit tight. I feel like I am ALWAYS on a diet, I can never let my hair down, or I am back to square one " sigh"
  • tracefan
    Options
    It's such a nightmare isn't it? I hear ya!!
    smelbo wrote: »
    It's harder as you get closer to a reasonable weight. I used to weigh myself everyday, that's frustrating, cause I go up and down , better to weigh in once a week, same time same place, to get a more accurate picture. NSV is fitting into a summer dress that was" snug"" last year. I try it on every week or so...I can do it up now, but still a bit tight. I feel like I am ALWAYS on a diet, I can never let my hair down, or I am back to square one " sigh"

• wishfullthinking79
    wishfullthinking79 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I am seeing the scale move up. I have just recently found my way back to the gym which has made me feel awesome. But it does suck watching the numbers going up. I was well on my to meeting my february goal but now I think it might now happen at the rate I am going. I did take measurements before I started going. I just do not know how often I should measure myself. I need the numbers to go down.
  • tracefan
    Options
    You could be gaining muscle too. I realized I have to measure. Losing inches and losing weight just not the same. You'll get there. keep at it. don't give up
    I am seeing the scale move up. I have just recently found my way back to the gym which has made me feel awesome. But it does suck watching the numbers going up. I was well on my to meeting my february goal but now I think it might now happen at the rate I am going. I did take measurements before I started going. I just do not know how often I should measure myself. I need the numbers to go down.