Last 5 lbs!!

Options
hh353
hh353 Posts: 37 Member
Hey Everyone!
I hope you are doing well on your weight loss journey!!
I have the "dreaded" last 5-6 lbs to go! Looking for other people with same problem!! With an open mind!! Knowing that sometimes you must go below the 1200 calorie allotment - to get threw a plataue! Anyone do anything out of the ordinary to get past the hump?? Cleanse etc??Please ...do not respond with negative comments!! Feel free to friend me if you are as determined as me!!

Replies

• hev481
    hev481 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    So a lot of times when you think things are a plateau they really aren't (assuming you are being really accurate with your MFP counting)...they just move SUPER slow once you get towards goal weight because your BMR reduces some as you do so eating the same small amount of calories a day --> smaller deficit than there used to be.

I personally haven't found cleanses to be very effective as far as long term weight drops. Real talk, you will definitely drop 5-6 pounds in a cleanse but about half of it will be water (because you aren't eating :/ ) and of course you will lose some fat! However once you aren't maintaining that deficit, if you aren't eating to maintain and that lower level always it will come back + the water will definitely come back so you might feel "cheated"...plus they make you feel like crap.

Something to look into might be carb cycling or intermittent fasting. I have heard good things as far as both of them for giving weight loss a boost around plateaus or near goal weights. If you aren't already, you could add in exercise with weight lifting. Adding muscle will increase your BMR (in addition to the immediate calories burned) because your body will have to work every day to maintain new muscle, even in little, bits...which takes calories to do---> burns fat with time. If you do that, just make sure to save at least 100 calories for a snack high in protein for right after you exercise to repair muscle.

• lisette143
    lisette143 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have not found any cleanses that work. I always lose weight but I am never able to maintain.
    I am exercising 6 days a week. I weigh my food and track it everyday. I found weighing food is helpful because I was over estimating sometimes. I have 8 lbs to go.
  • wishfullthinking79
    wishfullthinking79 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss. you know this will sound odd coming from me because I have complained to you a few times about my weight but girl we have to just let our bodies move through this process. I think you are really doing everything you can do to encourage the weight loss. Watch the carbs and be patient. :smiley:
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Good luck! 5 lbs away too but keep going up 2 down 3 up 1 - frustrating. Bikram yoga, and strength training on 1200 calories a day got me to 123-125 twice. Just wasn't sustainable so I'm going the slow route this time around!
  • lesleyann2711
    lesleyann2711 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with this too, lost 4st and ideally want to be around 64k but more than happy to be a little lower! I exercise nearly every day, cardio and strength. I eat around 1100 cals a day although I have set MFP to 1460 ( worked out by a PT). I struggle to eat enough and yesterday only had 650! I think i know where I'm going wrong!
  • Mama_cc
    Mama_cc Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This is where I am now...last 6 lbs clinging-on for dear life. I've shaken them off before, but picked them back up over the holidays. Going the super slow route now, too- running/walking/gym/Pilates and zig-zagging my calories.

I think we have to keep up the routine and wait longer for those results. Grrrr, I hate the wait.
  • teruma
    teruma Posts: 16 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I set my calories goal to 1000 because I don't trust MFP for tracking calories 100%, I believe it always under estimate how many calories I actually eat. For me 1200 cals is plenty and I never feel deprived or weak (i'm sedentary for like 23 h of the day) .
    And that alone is not enough to make me lose weight, I found that on top of that I have to drastically cut carbs and work out. If I stick to this plan I may shed like 0,5 lb a week but one single slip and I gain.
    It's not easy!
  • TarahByte
    TarahByte Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've got 4 lbs and I just did a diet break for 10 days to Jumpstart my metabolism again. After 3 months of caloric deficit, I started getting crazy hungry all the time and always tired. So I read online about refeeding and diet breaks and decided to go that route. Today's actually my first day back to eating less and I'm not crazy hungry and craving sweets anymore. Also had more energy for my treadmill this morning. Going to start having refeed days once a week with lots of carbs.
  • lucygliang
    lucygliang Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    In my last 5 lbs zone too! I totally relate to the frustration. At this point, because weight changes are happening so slowly, and sometimes not at all, that I'm turning to many other sources of measurements to track progress. Like:

- body circumference measurements
    - caliper measurements
    - workout numbers (reps, weights lifted, etc)

If any of these numbers change for the better, I consider it a success, and that keeps me motivated. Also I average my weight numbers across the whole week and only use that averaged number, which helps even out the fluctuations.

Speaking of diet breaks, I find that eating at lower calories is a little easier after coming out of a diet break (where you eat at maintenance), so maybe it will help. :) Good luck!
  • Brigit32
    Brigit32 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to loss three to five pounds of fat and gain about three pounds of muscle. This has been going on for a freaking year already. >:)>:)