Weigh-ins

Options
mweckler
mweckler Posts: 623 Member
edited February 2016 in Social Groups
I choose Wednesday as a weigh-in day as I read somewhere it is the most accurate day to weigh yourself. Most of you probably know but weigh yourself at the same time each week, wearing whatever you feel comfortable in, but make sure to wear similar weighing clothing each week to help keep things accurate.

Starting weight 225 lbs
Current weight 211 lbs
1st Goal weight 180 lbs
End weight 165 lbs

And if you want to post a little something about your week, did you have any personal triumphs or things that you struggled with as well.

Replies

• ab6046
    ab6046 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of a weigh-in thread. I will do my weigh-ins on Saturdays, so I will start this weekend.
  • mweckler
    Options
    That is fine what ever day people feel best weighing in on.
  • sidspirtational
    sidspirtational Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else feel like weigh-ins are bad for your eating disorder? I feel that when I obsess about my weight I am more to overeating when I get discouraged or trying to starve myself which never works and turns into a binge? I talked to my doctor about it and she suggested that I focus on eating healthy, working out and feeling good rather than my weight. The point of this post is not to say that this thread is a bad idea because different things work for different people but just to see if anyone feels the same way :)
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    I agree with sidspirtational. Weighting is not really good for a Bed person. It can trigger a binge.
  • irishjeepgirl1969
    irishjeepgirl1969 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I weigh. If I don't, then it's too easy for me to bury my head in the sand and not face this. I can't beat a problem that I can't face. But I admit that when the scale doesn't move, I get all bent out of shape.

I weigh on Thursdays. Here's my digits.

*Start weight=300
    Current=209
    Next Goal=190
    End Weight=150

*I began this on January 7, 2014. I've had some MAJOR setbacks. I refuse to give up.

This coming Tuesday will be my first full binge free week since before Thanksgiving. I'm feeling VERY good about this accomplishment!
  • mweckler
    Options
    I am not trying to demoralize or cause set back. I had made a posted asking what other members would like to see, and the ones who responded said they would like a weigh in section. It is not a mandatory thing those who wish to participate can. Those who still are struggling can use it as a source to see that they are not the only ones who struggle. They can applaud those who lose weight and support those who face setbacks, as we all do. This is a group for support and encouragement. I personally weigh in to make sure I am staying on track. My weight fluctuates throughout the week but if I notice a large change I am able to adjust and see what I did to cause the gain. I can examine and see if I can locate my trigger and then try to find a solution. So I am not trying to offend or make people feel like they have to participate.
  • lynzieryn
    lynzieryn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to lose weight but to maintain and have positive feelings about my eating habits. I don't want to feel that lack of control. Should I do weekly weigh-ins?
  • irishjeepgirl1969
    Options
    I would say that if weighing triggers you, don't. You are really the only one who can answer that. You know best how it will effect you.

In my current frame of mind, I need it for accountability.
  • ab6046
    Options
    2/20/16 7:30 AM: 146.9
    2/27/16 Goal: No weight loss goal, although I will make an effort to not gain

I will probably restart weight goals starting next week. I've been having a really rough time for the last few weeks, and I don't want to set myself up for failure again. I increased my calorie goals for the week, since every time I exceed my calories I then tend to give myself the green light to go all out. So I'm hoping that helps. I will weigh in again next week.
  • ab6046
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Does anyone else feel like weigh-ins are bad for your eating disorder? I feel that when I obsess about my weight I am more to overeating when I get discouraged or trying to starve myself which never works and turns into a binge? I talked to my doctor about it and she suggested that I focus on eating healthy, working out and feeling good rather than my weight. The point of this post is not to say that this thread is a bad idea because different things work for different people but just to see if anyone feels the same way :)

Yes, and no. I find that if I don't weigh myself daily, things get out of hand very quickly. Last week, I made a goal not to weigh myself. I caved after three days, and had gained fifteen pounds. Of course most of it was water weight and most could be lost rapidly with a few days of not binging, but seeing that kind of gain usually sets me up for failure. I think it really just depends on the person. I like to weigh myself daily and then also track my weight in Happy Scale so that I don't get so discouraged my daily fluctuations and can see the general trend (which I guess now is not great, since it just keeps going up).
  • mweckler
    Options
    So I am holding steady at 211 lbs. I had some fluctuations throughout the week mostly up towards 214 but that is normal with salt and water intake. I really need to get off my butt and get to the gym and see if I can get under 200 lbs before April when we go to Disney. That is going to be the real test of willpower for me.
  • lynzieryn
    lynzieryn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I weighed in at 140 this morning and hoping to maintain it!
  • daniellethesheep
    daniellethesheep Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm going to weigh in on Friday/Saturday. Last week went really poorly for me so I feel like I didn't get a great judgement of how much I weigh without being extremely bloated.
  • irishjeepgirl1969
    Options
    Tomorrow is weighday for me. I've decided that no matter the number, I'm good. I'm eating well and moving my butt. That's my ultimate goal :) (but a loss would be good).

My rings fit better and so do my jeans. I'm happy.
  • irishjeepgirl1969
    Options
    Start wt: 300
    Current: 209
    Next goal:190
    End wt: 150

No loss. Then again, NO GAIN!!!!

I'm eating between 1000 and 1300 calories daily. I've made my daily diary public in the hopes that y'all can give me some insight about that I'm doing wrong.

Still, I feel good! My too tight jeans will actually button today, whereas last week they would not budge over my hips. I know the scale lies. So no numerical loss is okay. How I feel is WAY more important <3

• mweckler
    Options
    I was just going to say sometimes even if the scale does not show a loss, use how your clothing fits as a better guide. For my I have not lost weight in a couple weeks but I am able to wear a chefs coat today that I have not been able to wear in months as I was about to pop the buttons off. So that is a good sign.
  • ab6046
    Options
    That's awesome, congrats to you both! I've been having the opposite issue. I've been gaining over the last few weeks but not super rapidly, however my measurements have changed pretty dramatically (in a bad way). My binging has to do with it, I'm sure water retention, and then I've had to cut gym days in half. Yikes.
  • mweckler
    Options
    So can you figure out the trigger of your binges?
  • ab6046
    Options
    Apparently I have many haha! But in all seriousness yes, I have found some but I still don't know why it happens.
  • daniellethesheep
    daniellethesheep Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Highest weight: 165
    Current weight: 154.8
    Racing weight: 130

I hope to get down to 135ish by mid april. It's tough to draw the line between under fueling and eating to lose weight. Losing 2+ lbs a week is in no way ideal while training for a marathon...especially for someone who is extremely prone to injures.