how can I get these last few pounds off??

Options
averys63
averys63 Posts: 6 Member
edited May 2015 in Social Groups
Hello, I'm fairly new at this but was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to lose my last 15/16 lbs?? I have been stuck at this weight for about a month and I'm eating very healthy, logging EVERYTHING I eat, I'm consuming about 1200 calories a day and exercising for about an hour a day and this weight isn't budging! Getting very frustrated!! Any advice?? Thanks!

Replies

• RayneScar
    RayneScar Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You could try alternating your calories consumed every day so one day you eat lots, and the next very little in terms of calories. That and maybe mix up your exercise routine, stick in something you've never done before!
    I'm in the same boat as you and that's what I'm trying, hope this is of some help!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Zig zag your calories.. Have one day per week where you eat at maintenance
  • starfish235
    starfish235 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I talked to a guy who's doctor said to eat more to lose when at a hard to get past weight. He said he did and it worked.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Check out this group - Eat More to Weigh Less....http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3817-eat-more-2-weigh-less

I've found great improvements in my weight loss and more importantly on my inches loss by upping my calories and lifting heavier.
  • eva_svi
    eva_svi Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest eating close to maintenance for a few weeks to let your body recover from the stress of weight loss. It also seems to get the metabolism going - it's happened to me that I started eating a little more and a bit of weight went down right away. After those few weeks you may find you lose while doing the same thing you're doing now :smile: and if not google carb cycling... It's hard but a friend of mine who competes in BBing uses it to get stage ready cut so it's apparently working :wink: good luck!
  • starfish235
    starfish235 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Do what Eva said. Bodies go in to starvation mode and conserve which makes you unable to lose.
  • gilldunkley
    gilldunkley Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Reverse diet by increasing kcal by 100-150 per day for a week (maintain protein at 0.8-1g per lb of bodyweight and increase fat and complex carbs to make up the required 100kcal) The next week again increase by another 100 or so kcal and so on until you reach the point where you stall. Chances are you will have found your new maintenance levels. Dead easy but you have to weigh, measure and track everything that goes in your mouth. I went from eating approx 1000kcal per day and losing no fat for months to now eating1650kcal and losing fat. My lifts have all improved hugely, I have more energy and the general condition of my hair, nails, skin etc is much improved. I was very sceptical but this 'metabolic re-set' has worked wonders and is a no-brainer really.
  • averys63
    averys63 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting? 16/8 is a popular choice. You will hear me sing the praises of keto, but it's not for everyone.
  • DiIDE
    DiIDE Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    What type of exercise are you doing? Lifting weights will increase your muscle mass an therefore increase your metabolism. If you exercise for only an hour and are sedentary for the rest of the day you negate the exercise, you need to move lots all day. Good luck.
  • ShootingStar72
    ShootingStar72 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Ditto on intermittent fasting. I'm finally seeing the stubborn last few lbs of fat melt off once starting IF. Though I also follow a low carb diet. The two are working great for me.
  • AliceAxe
    AliceAxe Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    the intermitant fasting works for me , I cant do a full fast or go too low on callories because Ive got hypoglycemia and it will realy mess me up. so I snack lightly all day and have small meals until I realy feel hungry like I need a big meal then I have a decent sized one, even pig out a little sometimes and enjoy myself with some treats. then I go back to eating light. it just feels better, easier on my digestive system when I eat light but then I also feel satisfied and not deprived by having those bigger meals and higher calorie days. it does seem to reset my metabolism at a lower weight.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I also agree that eating more seems to be helping me, at 1200 for a year I didn't lose the last few and I was fighting hunger most of the time. I now have about 1500-1800 daily and I've lost the last few, there's still fat on me but it's slowly toning up with the right exercise but it's a long term thing getting off the last few I feel!
  • ressapowell
    ressapowell Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    averys63 wrote: »
    Hello, I'm fairly new at this but was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to lose my last 15/16 lbs?? I have been stuck at this weight for about a month and I'm eating very healthy, logging EVERYTHING I eat, I'm consuming about 1200 calories a day and exercising for about an hour a day and this weight isn't budging! Getting very frustrated!! Any advice?? Thanks!

You have plateaued, you need to do interval cardio meaning 30 minutes running then walking for ten then running again. Also calesthenics burn way more calories than regular weight lifting so throw that in there. Go even stricter on your diet, watch sugar intake even from fruit and drink lots of water. Lean meats and probably at least 3 to 4 cups of vegtables a day. No pasta, bread or starches for awhile and don't take a cheat meal for a few weeks.
  • luvbodybuilding
    luvbodybuilding Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Your body has gotten use to what your doing.
    Switch it up
    Swap out food for something with the same nutritional content . Example: banana to Apple
    OR apple to pear .
    The green granny smith apple is the best wheh cutting fat.
    Eat 99% lean meat