Love Your Health: Feb Challenge-Week 3 (2/15-2/21)

Options
13»

Replies

• Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    1. Avoid food waste/too much eating out
    2. Get 7 hours of sleep a night
    3. Drop another 2-3lb before the end of the month
    4. Send out at least one resume a week

On Wednesday my water heater exploded, soaking my whole condo, so there went #1 and #2. Wednesday night I got a lettuce-wrapped burger from mcdonalds, because cooking dinner (even popping food into the microwave) was beyond my strength. Yesterday, after I finished cleaning up the disaster, my Dad took us to a celebratory dinner at the local Argentinian steak house, and I stuffed myself on sweatbreads, intestines, tongue and other weird cow parts, which were delicious. I stayed within my calories and within my macros, mainly because I skipped food for most of the day. My work is super stressful right now, I am freaking out because even with two jobs I am not making enough money and all the resumes I send out go into the black hole. I am not sleeping well and I didn't have time to work out the last three days, I work the whole weekend, plus on top of that my prospective in-laws are coming to town today. I am just glad I am keeping away from sugar so far, but man, this stress is a recipe for a binge. I am trying to take it one day at a time, and hopefully get through this week and next - at least the water heater is fixed. I have a feeling stress will derail #3, but we shall find out on Monday. I am praying for a loss, even a pound or two would be a nice bright spot in a fairly miserable patch.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

If you find any reasonable henna-stain let me know. I've stopped painting my nails for awhile because the polish was just wrecking my already brittle nails. I miss my colorful nails.

I was thinking of trying something like this: http://ohsohalal.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=215

But really before I started looking I was going to buy standard henna at whole foods or something, and just mask off my nails and stain them weekly to reach a deep color.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Thanks, @baconslave! Still trying to talk myself into giving up dairy ;) but I'm working toward increasing the veg/fruits from the different categories. Glad you've heard good things about Wahls!

FEB 19
    Cals: A little over 1400
    Carbs: 34 net
    Exercise: Nope
    Sleep: Better
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    FEB 19

SW: 247 (12/12, started keto)
    SW: 219.8 (Feb 1)
    CW: 212.2
    GW for February: 215
    GW for 12/31: 180
    Calories under 1200: yes
    Carbs Under 30: yes
  • reblazed
    Options
    FEB 20

CW: 213.6
  • macchiatto
    Options
    FEB 20
    SW: 153.4
    CW: 130.8
    GW: 128
    Calories: 1617
    Carbs: 24 net
    Exercise: Didn't fit it in today. Day got a little thrown off.
    Sleep: Got right around 9 hrs last night.
  • BRobertson23
    BRobertson23 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Maintained my runs and weight training for the week. However, I splurged with a more carb heavy dinner time last night since we were celebrating my birthday with family. I'm planning to really push more water this week and my goal is to get in 3 runs this week. I'm going to work on my stretches a bit more this week too since on Saturday I will have auditions for a dance team that I did last year, and hopefully will be selected again this year.
  • macchiatto
    Options
    Calories: Just under
    Carbs: 15 net
    Exercise: No chance today
    Sleep: Stayed up waaay too late last night.
  • reblazed
    Options
    FEB 21

CW: 213.6
  • fangirlish
    fangirlish Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    February has been a roller-coaster month for me. Lost 1.6 pounds this past week, but that's half of what I gained back this month - so the only win is that I'm back on track but still behind where I started the month. Hoping for a better week in week 4!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    1. Under 30 net carbs daily/50 net special occasions (Daughter turns 21 on Valentine's Day) ✔
    2. Exercise of some sort 3-4 days each week with one of those being outdoors if possible. ✔
    I did some resistance bands one evening. Took a hike Saturday. Cleaned the house some on Sunday. It's a start.
    3. Pay more attention to budget and meal planning. Last month there were too many meals out. ✔
    4. Do something relaxing each day like reading or coloring. ✔
    5. Clean and organize the house better. Implement a daily chore list. No daily chores but I did get a good bit of stuff done.

Lost 0.2 pounds. Better than nothing!
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    1. Avoid food waste/too much eating out - check. Stayed within my limits
    2. Get 7 hours of sleep a night - No. So much stress and things to do with work and in-laws coming to town
    3. Drop another 2-3lb before the end of the month - So far I doubled that.
    4. Send out at least one resume a week - no, see #2

On to week #4!