Spring Break Room

Options
This is for you to chat, vent scream your successes or just talk about what's going on in your life that you need a little support or motivation.

Replies

• mandyloose123
    mandyloose123 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Did a crazy workout today! Lots of weight and ridiculous cardio...legs are rubber but I know I left the gym doing everything I could. :smiley:
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Did a crazy workout today! Lots of weight and ridiculous cardio...legs are rubber but I know I left the gym doing everything I could. :smiley:
    Awesome! Kicking butt is good for the soul!

sgectgvsecbw.jpeg
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Go @mandyloose123. Great work.
    Me, I am back training on eliptical trainer, walking the dog and trying to explain to her that under my body, mid plank or during push ups is, in fact not a hug station. I think she is trying to convince me otherwise! BtW she is a saluki/labrador cross and can push me off my hands if she sits up under me.
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    Go @mandyloose123. Great work.
    Me, I am back training on eliptical trainer, walking the dog and trying to explain to her that under my body, mid plank or during push ups is, in fact not a hug station. I think she is trying to convince me otherwise! BtW she is a saluki/labrador cross and can push me off my hands if she sits up under me.

So funny! I have to lock the door in our den when I do these. I have a bloodhound and yes she can open Amost any door. Her solution is paw mom and kiss her to death.
  • jaydavis50
    jaydavis50 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to the challenge. Had my physical and my Dr wants me to most 30 pounds. Goal weight is 209. Already lost five. 25 to go.
  • Miss_Mabee
    Miss_Mabee Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    haha I feel the pain! I have a husky, a beagle and 4 cats! They are getting better about letting me workout uninterrupted but if I want a really good workout I go to the gym! No pets sniffing and licking my face that way lol
  • vazquezmom7
    vazquezmom7 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I don't have any indoor pets ( outside have chickens and sheep) but I do have a 18 month old who somehow thinks everytime I get down to do a push up that its an invitation for a pony ride.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I'm old and completely out of shape but I want to join in on the Spring Break Challenges anyway. I originally throught that the challenges were for number of miles walked or run in a week and knew that would be extremely difficult for me to accomplish. Then I looked closely over the Winter Blast 2016 challenge and saw that it was converting miles into hours of activity ... and that I can do. The extra challenges (Detours and Roadblocks) looked like fun also ... so I posted that I want to participate in the challenges! Looking forward to getting started.
  • freyjathorsig
    freyjathorsig Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Today was a good day. Did 75min cardio and watched what I ate. I've prepped tomorrow's meals, and I'm planning on going to the gym for some strength training.
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    Nikion901 wrote: »
    I'm old and completely out of shape but I want to join in on the Spring Break Challenges anyway. I originally throught that the challenges were for number of miles walked or run in a week and knew that would be extremely difficult for me to accomplish. Then I looked closely over the Winter Blast 2016 challenge and saw that it was converting miles into hours of activity ... and that I can do. The extra challenges (Detours and Roadblocks) looked like fun also ... so I posted that I want to participate in the challenges! Looking forward to getting started.
    I am 50 so yes you can do this. Do whatever you can. Its gonna be the best group ever I think!
  • jk286607
    jk286607 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Miss_Mabee wrote: »
    haha I feel the pain! I have a husky, a beagle and 4 cats! They are getting better about letting me workout uninterrupted but if I want a really good workout I go to the gym! No pets sniffing and licking my face that way lol
    I tried to do both yoga and Barre at home and my 13lb yorkie tried to join in constantly! Glad I'm not the only one who's pets don't want to be "left out"
  • Saraness
    Saraness Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have a 9 month old golden retriever who thinks that whenever I work out on the floor that means its time to give me kisses- believe it or not the cat is worse and tries to get pets all the time.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    mallowbar wrote: »
    Nikion901 wrote: »
    I am 50 so yes you can do this. Do whatever you can. Its gonna be the best group ever I think!

Thank you ... I will be 71 during this challenge ... and I will give it my best shot.
  • mscalfee
    mscalfee Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Excited to start on March 1st. Am coming off of a partial tendon tear, but have been cleared by my doctor and physical therapist to go back to normal workouts. I gained so much being in my boot and being depressed by not being allowed to move or walk a lot. I am ready to get active and drop these pounds!
  • mandyloose123
    mandyloose123 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello all :) I'm still getting the hang of checking in. Everyone sounds good and motivated. I made it to the gym today and started T25 on Monday... Long story short is I barely made it through but pushed to finish. Every little step will eventually take you a mile! Keep up the great work
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    Hello all :) I'm still getting the hang of checking in. Everyone sounds good and motivated. I made it to the gym today and started T25 on Monday... Long story short is I barely made it through but pushed to finish. Every little step will eventually take you a mile! Keep up the great work

Great work. Baby steps will get you there.
  • lupie777
    lupie777 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    It's almost here!!! The new challenge is about to start!!! Who's ready??????? Let's all kick some butt this round!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Ready to get cracking!!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Let's do this
  • ilovelucy1930
    ilovelucy1930 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I want to get in shape so bad for roller derby! And yet that alone is just not enough.

I'm not a team but my thinking is once I'm on a team then I'll work towards it even harder.

I'm weighing myself on some weekly basis and I lost 6 lbs but then gained 3lbs. Arghhh.

Here's to continuing the struggle!