About to start again. Anyone want to join me?

Options

Replies

• Riskay123
    Riskay123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Wow everyone is doing so well. It must be hard when you have to deal with snow. I live in Australia so I don't have that issue. I am dealing with the heat but this year it hasn't been to bad. Just got back from finishing W2R3 in 29C I have not idea what that is in F but it wasn't to bad.
  • Riskay123
    Options
    Went out really early this morning to do W3R1. It was going to get hot today so decided to get it over with before it got to hot.
  • Riskay123
    Options
    Did W3R2. Left my phone at work so had to do it with no music and no app, just a stop watch. The only thing about running with no head phones in is you can hear how loud your puffing lol.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Riskay123
    Options
    W3R3 done and dusted tonight.
  • ThePhilCanavan
    ThePhilCanavan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind doing this as walked 10K today! Might download the episodes and give it a whirl soon :)
  • Riskay123
    Options
    Give it a crack Phil. It is a challenge but it is do able. I did W4R1 early this morning. This one was tougher than week 3 that's for sure. Moving forward people.
  • famousmel
    famousmel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    W3D1 last night, wasn't feeling the best, but went for it anyway. I'm not looking at what the run is for the day and I think it's helping me. Lets a little rubbery after, but feel fine today:) I am starting to feel the anxiety I had last time with the tougher weeks coming up, but trying to focus on each run. Finished with a 'yeesss' and a 'sky-pull' last night when my app told me to cool down;)
  • treegirl97
    treegirl97 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I did W3D2 this morning. Was so hard to motivate myself to get up and run at 7:30 in the morning with a -15C wind chill but I did it!! A major annoyance is that my phone is old and the battery dies when it gets cold so halfway through it shut off and I didn't get any accurate stats. I will have to run with it tucked in my pants or something to keep it warm!
  • Riskay123
    Options
    Well done guys. I also did W4R2 last night. It was hard but I did get a little further than I did last run which was a unexpected. Planning to go out again really early tomorrow morning and do the last run for week 4. Have to go early cause it is going to get really hot here tomorrow. I am also a little worried about the coming weeks.
  • Riskay123
    Options
    Did W4R3 this morning. I found it really hard. Only just finished it. Thinking of doing this one again before moving on to week 5. I have a rest day tomorrow then a gym session planned for Sat. I will see how i feel on Sunday to decide if i will repeat or not.
  • Riskay123
    Options
    Did W5R1 tonight. It felt pretty good. How is everyone else going?
  • cwolfgram
    cwolfgram Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Finished W3R2 today.
  • famousmel
    Options
    Sounds like everyone's kickin it!!! I did W2D3 outside on Monday and it was HARD, but I did it!! This is my first time doing C25K outdoors. Then I did WK4D1 on my eliptical on Tuesday and didn't even realize I was doing 5 minutes until I was done. I'm really starting to feel like I can do this. I'm even feeling good about the dreaded W5D3. Let's do this!
  • Riskay123
    Options
    I completed week 5 yesterday. Some big jumps in this week but still got it done. Decided to to the trail I run in reverse to change it up a bit. 2 shorter but steeper hills rather than the one steady climb the other way. Not sure which one I prefer.
  • Riskay123
    Options
    W6R1 Done. Feel that I am starting to improve as I am getting further before the thoughts of giving up pop into my head.
  • famousmel
    Options
    Riskay123 wrote: »
    W6R1 Done. Feel that I am starting to improve as I am getting further before the thoughts of giving up pop into my head.

Ahhhh, Week 5!! That is awesome! My fear of week 5 is diminishing, although I'm still plenty afraid:)
  • famousmel
    Options
    I have some exciting news to report: for the 1st time in my 39 years, I MISS working out on rest days!!! I hope this continues. I am finding running outside and on the elliptical are two very different things and am going to alternate them to make sure I'm ready for my 5K. Having a little foot/knee pain outside, so need to make sure I stay injury-free.
    W4D3 tonight and then Week 5 here I come!!!
  • Riskay123
    Options
    Well tonight I attempted W6R2 and it was a fail. I got about 2 min into the second 10 min run but my calf muscles were screaming at me and I just couldn't go on. I had a tough gym session last night and my legs just felt to heavy today. I will stretch lots tomorrow and attempt it again in 2 days. This is my first failed run so not to bad really.
  • Riskay123
    Options
    Did W6R2 again tonight and completed it without to much trouble this time. Amazing how much your mind set can effect your success.