Crispy salty snack

Options
Anyone have suggestions for crispy salty foods? I don't eat nuts anymore because I can't control the portions.

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds!

Parsnip chips are low carb as well.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Seaweed.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    cheese crisps, just microwave pieces of cheese on parchment paper till crispy, they make salty little cheese crackers
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Homemade kale chips if you can spare the carbs, Parmesan crisps if you can't.
  • socalgardengal
    socalgardengal Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I just discovered pepperoni chips last night....YUM!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Take the skins off baked chicken, salt to taste, and toast them until crispy. I do with with fatty beef and pork bits too. Of course, bacon is the classic salty crispy snack. Also, you can spread grated cheese on baking parchment and bake it in cheesy crispy snacks.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I second pork rinds. They are kind of the obvious choice (and delicious).
    Seaweed is AWESOME but not as satisfying for the tummy. Gettin' that salt in yo!
  • dietbepsi
    dietbepsi Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I ADORE parsnips so much....but I consider them really high carb :(
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    @dietbepsi Here is a link to the Parsnip chips I buy. http://hardbitechips.com/chips/lightly-salted-parsnip-chips/

I don't know if you count total or net carbs, but it is 3 net per serving. 4 total. If it fits your macros...I think Trader Joe's brand is 2 net carbs per serving.
  • dietbepsi
    Options
    @dietbepsi Here is a link to the Parsnip chips I buy. http://hardbitechips.com/chips/lightly-salted-parsnip-chips/

I don't know if you count total or net carbs, but it is 3 net per serving. 4 total. If it fits your macros...I think Trader Joe's brand is 2 net carbs per serving.

I'll check it out, thanks. I've always roasted them or puréed them. Yum.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin seeds are good
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Ditto all the above options.
    I have been trying to like pork rinds the past month or two but not totally sold yet.

I also love pickles. Baby dill are my faves.
  • Beachlady228
    Beachlady228 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I have tried pork rinds several times and wish that I could develop a taste for them. Love crispy pepperoni, I think I will try adding salt to the tops
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    cheese crisps, just microwave pieces of cheese on parchment paper till crispy, they make salty little cheese crackers

These are my absolute favorite!
  • dietbepsi
    Options

These are my absolute favorite!
    Me too, I usually make a couple of them every few days and have it as a snack at night. My kids even ask for them. I just melt them under the broiler in my oven. When I had Super Bowl I made up a bunch of them to use for the dips and stuff like that....delicious!!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    dmedoff wrote: »
    Thanks. I have tried pork rinds several times and wish that I could develop a taste for them. Love crispy pepperoni, I think I will try adding salt to the tops

@dmedoff Try dipping in them in homemade ranch dip made from Daisy brand sour cream and your favorite mix in ranch mix... It helps some!