Advice about a lot

Options
2»

Replies

• speakeasys
    speakeasys Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hakamruth wrote: »
    It sounds like you are busy. I would suggest making crock pot meals. You just throw things into the crock pot, set it and a few hours later you have a wonderful meal. There are a lot of low carb crock pot meals on the internet. Here is one link to get you started http://peaceloveandlowcarb.com/50lowcarbandpaleoslowcookerrecipes/

Also you may want to make freezer meals. Basically take 1 day and make meals or put together meals enough for several days and freeze them. You take out what you need, when you need it and put in a pot, or bake or whatever. This is always great if you buy food in bulk. Just google freezer meals for ideas. http://lowcarbcrock.com/low-carb-freezer-meals/

Cooking takes practice. But I would suggest to stay away from recipes that have long list of ingredients. They are sometimes too complicated and then you end up cluttering your pantry with stuff that you will rarely use. (That's what happened to my pantry.) Cooking is trial and error. It does take time and effort but it is worth it at the end.

Thank you so much for the links! I found so many things I want to try!
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link to the nerd fitness article, @Dragonwolf!

This is what I want to do, but I really don't know how to go about it just yet.
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    New recipes are always a PITS... and I love to cook!! If I am actually following a recipe and not "winging" it, I often get frustrated at the back and forth and double checking. I quickly get bored of the same thing and can't eat the same meals repetitively... but I am ok with having a few staples that get added to make different meals. So I will batch cook some pork carnita, taco meat, shredded chicken or mississippi pot roast... along with some basic veggie prep or carb adds for the rest of the family... mix & match for lunches or suppers for the week. It takes some time on one day, but eliminates a lot of last minute bad choices for me when the planning/prep has been done. As for exercise... yep, started back up 5 weeks ago and have gained. Need to check my inches though, because it seems like I have more of a baggy pant bum!