Not that I didn't know, but now I have proof this is working.

Options
motown13
motown13 Posts: 688 Member
OK, so I have lost 25 pounds this year, give or take. My clothes fit better. Some woman I know told me that she can tell I lost weight. And since I am diabetic, I was suffering from very high glucose readings ( 180 - 220 ) and way too many trips to pee. Oh, and the night sweats are gone.... plus, I just feel better.

So yesterday, I checked my fasting blood sugar and it was 110. Today, I checked about an hour after lunch, and it was 121.

This, after just about 5 weeks of LCHF.

I'm really looking forward to seeing my full blood panel when I have my physical on March 14th.

Just my guess, but I bet my A1C is 3 - 4 points lower than my last physical.

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
    You're another person proving that this is the way to go! It's fast and it works! And that's one of the reasons it's actually quite easy too!
    So happy for your success!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    That's terrific news...keep up the great work!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Right on! Way to kick that blood sugar in the pants, @motown13 !
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Here's more proof. The more weight you lose, the lower your fasting glucose. It's rare to see a correlation this tight (on the left).

Glucose-post-bypass-figure-1.gif
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    So happy for you!!! I look forward to hearing about your continued success!!
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    You ROCK!!!! Here's hoping for an AWESOME A1C!
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    Here's more proof. The more weight you lose, the lower your fasting glucose. It's rare to see a correlation this tight (on the left).

I don't understand this even a little bit, but thanks!
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    All those dots are people who lost weight. Y-axis is fasting blood glucose in mmol/l (<5.6 (100 mg/dl) is normal). X-axis is how much they lost (% weight change).

Personally, I found the chart to inspire me to keep losing weight. The more you lose, the better your glucose control becomes. Probably because of organ fat.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    That's great!!
  • CMYKRGB
    CMYKRGB Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    That is good news that this way of eating has already improved your health markers.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    motown13 wrote: »

Lol this is how I feel about most of wabs posts, way over my head. ;)

Congrats on your great numbers, you have to update when you get your blood work done
  • RobinK228
    RobinK228 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Awesome! That's fantastic. Keep us updated on how the A1C is! My appointment is about 1 month after yours so I'm curious to see how much your A1C goes down! :smiley:
  • kimbo8435
    kimbo8435 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    This is so fantastic. So happy for you!
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Awesome news! It does work and the longer you keep this woe the better results you see. Keep us posted when you get your lab results.

::flowerforyou::

• MerryOne00
    MerryOne00 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yes! Great news!!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    motown13 wrote: »

I did not understand either because there is no chart showing up on my phone, not even evidence an image is missing, so the sentance is just alone:

The more weight you lose, the lower your fasting glucose. It's rare to see a correlation this tight (on the left).

Which in isolation does not make much sense :) off to copy paste image link that I found when I quoted the post.