Love Your Health: Feb Challenge-Week 4 (2/22-2/29)

Options
13»

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    @baconslave I should try coconut cream. It sounds good in theory. :)

Today:
    Cals: Under goal
    Carbs: 46 net
    Exercise: 4.5-mile hike
    Sleep: Was kept up late last night but got to sleep in. Need to head to bed soon!
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    FEB 27

SW: 247 (12/12, started keto)
    SW: 219.8 (Feb 1)
    CW: 212.2
    GW for February: 215
    GW for 12/31: 180
    Calories under 1200: yes
    Carbs Under 30: yes
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »

Doesn't it? :wink: I've been looking at dairy-free recipes.
    I think I am going to cut dairy a week. But I have a bottle of HWC that needs used first. Maybe I can join @glossbones on her second week.

I need y'all's help!!! (little Appalachian dialect quirk for ya this mornin'.)
    I'm thinking of doing Mindfulness as the theme for March. I know @KnitOrMiss probably has some links. Do any of you guys have some good ones I can use with the challenge? It's something I think everyone could stand to work on a little bit. I KNOW fo certain I do.
  • BRobertson23
    BRobertson23 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    So far, just been maintaining weight, then losing....which is okay, but I wanted to LOSE. I need to dial in more on my food and make some better plans. My husband is not LC and has been all about pastas and carby foods and I didn't plan well for the end of this past week, and had more carb intake that I should have. Which, my body is letting me know, "BAD CHOICE!"

Still keeping active, which included trying out for a local dance team with performances over the summer just yesterday. I made this team last year, and (YAY!) made it again this year. My goal is to earn a front spot in the routine formations, so I'm going to work on my strength and flexibility to make that happen. I'm sore from yesterday, but a good sore, as it means I was hitting motions and positions HARD! Making March my March Muscle Madness month!

I'm planning on putting my weekly menu together and allowing for less opportunity to "fail" with carb creep. Ready to kick butt and take names!!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    can soooo get behind mindfulness for march!!! i'm noticing the excuse meter rising, and denial and the food/emotion connection fusing together far too often. feeling okay, but like my focus is slipping away. can't have that happen when i'm so close to my goal and the inevitable challenges of maintenance looming in the near future. so minding the mindfulness will be good for me. great idea!
  • reblazed
    Options
    FEB 28

CW: 211.6
    Calories under 1200: yes
  • fangirlish
    fangirlish Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    This month I achieved my goal of losing 2 pounds, despite a weekend of "carbocide" (thanks @Karlottap for that word!). I buckled down after that weekend and lost everything I'd gained plus an extra two pounds, ending the month down a little over 2 pounds. Onederland is getting closer!
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Dave Asprey's Bulletproof Radio podcast has a lot of mindfulness tips.. not sure if there are specifically dedicated episodes, but I'm sure there's some kind of resource for it on his site.

As of this morning I'm up .8 lbs for February. Really looking forward to my Dairy Free experiment. Tonight as a fond farewell to dairy, we're making Chimichangas. ;)

Scheduled our next tattoo appointment for May 13. I'll be getting my stomach tattoos, so I'd like to have that as flat as possible, no overhang!
  • macchiatto
    Options
    FEB 28
    I had a hard time tracking cals/carbs for sure yesterday since I was at a potluck for dinner. i stuck with a few types of meat plus celery sticks though so I think I was under my carb goal and probably under or close on calories.
    Exercise: Rest day
    Sleep: I really need to work on this!!

But my exciting news this morning is that I officially won my 6-month Transformer DietBet this morning. Goal was to lose 10% of body weight in 6 months and I lost 15%. Weight was up 1.5 lbs after this weekend but I was still 2 lbs under my own goal weight for myself and 7 lbs under my DietBet goal. So thankful, and I don't think I could have done it without keto and this group! I lost rounds 2 and 3 of the DietBet from trying other diets that weren't working for me. Feels good to come from behind!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    1. Under 30 net carbs daily/50 net special occasions (Daughter turns 21 on Valentine's Day) ✔
    2. Exercise of some sort 3-4 days each week with one of those being outdoors if possible. ✔
    I did a workout with my resistance bands. A Barre3 video. Walking on a weekend away in Raleigh and attended a concert.
    3. Pay more attention to budget and meal planning. Last month there were too many meals out. ✔
    4. Do something relaxing each day like reading or coloring. ✔
    5. Clean and organize the house better. Implement a daily chore list. No daily chores but I did get a good bit of stuff done.

Down one pound this week.
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    End of the month recap:

1. Avoid food waste/too much eating out - I'm going to call this as good. I stayed away from non-special occasions restaurants. On Saturday I also cleaned out my fridge (our roommate moved out, so I was able to get rid of all the nastiness he had in there and clean the thing until it sparkled and smelled like lemons. Wasting less food will be easier when you can find the food in the fridge.
    2. Get 7 hours of sleep a night - I will keep this as my goal. I tend to wake up at 0500 - 0530 regardless of day of the week, alarm or the time I went to sleep, so I need to make my target going to sleep time 930 pm.
    3. Drop another 2-3lb before the end of the month - Not going anywhere near the scale for the next week, as it is the week of the Shark, but at my last weigh-in I lost 6 lb.
    4. Send out at least one resume a week - I got two out last weekend, re-worked my resume yet again, and will be doing a lot of on-line job hunts over the next month. My goal is to have a job by the time I have to leave this position in July.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    FEB 29 Happy Leap year!

@KnitorMiss - Same. I'm allergic to the sticky part of a Band-Aid. My boo-boo looks and feels better today.

Just saw news about my vacation ship, the Anthem. It just turned about due to Norovirus and potential storms. For sure, I had stomach issues last week and this past weekend. Needed to keep the nearest bathroom in close proximity. I thought it was because I went back to Keto after my vacation splurge, perhaps it was something else? What ever it was, I'm back down to my starting weight before vacation. Yea! Netgain=(+5) now back to 0. Whoot. Lost it the hard way or should I say the opposite of that.. (egads)

Oh, I tried an experiment in mindfulness a few months back. Funny, I got distracted and lost interest. LOL. Maybe I can do better in March.

SW: 187 (5.1.2015)
    CW: 146.2
    GW 125
    Calories: Good. Did a small splurge on a great Thai Coconut soup out to dinner last night. It was really good!
    Carbs: Good
    Exercise: Walking-running the dogs at the beach in February! So fun!
    Sleep: Watched the Oscars then out like a light at 9:30. All the fresh ocean air knocked me out.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

I think I am going to cut dairy a week. But I have a bottle of HWC that needs used first. Maybe I can join @glossbones on her second week.

I'm thinking of doing Mindfulness as the theme for March. I know @KnitOrMiss probably has some links. Do any of you guys have some good ones I can use with the challenge? It's something I think everyone could stand to work on a little bit. I KNOW fo certain I do.

@baconslave I messaged you what I had. @Radiii had a great series he did on Reddit about an actual mindfulness program he attended and worked through. That's the best stuff I'd read to date.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    baconslave wrote: »

@baconslave I messaged you what I had. @Radiii had a great series he did on Reddit about an actual mindfulness program he attended and worked through. That's the best stuff I'd read to date.

Gots it. Thankz :wink:
  • macchiatto
    Options
    FEB 29
    SW: 153.4
    CW: 130.8
    Cals: ~1500
    Carbs: ~25 net
    Exercise: Struggled through it, but I did my strength training DVD!
    Sleep: Need more.
  • reblazed
    Options
    FEB 29

CW: 210.8
    Calories under 1200:NOPE

This turn into a VERY hungry day for me ... doesn't happen often (twice since mid December) but when it does I just go with it. BACK ON TRACK TOMORROW.