October 2016?

Sunday, to put nagging comments to rest that my stomach flu was actually that I was pregnant, I took a pregnancy test.

Happy Valentine's Day!

We're due 10/25. Am I the only one to find this group so far?

Replies

• charliebartlam
    charliebartlam Posts: 9 Member
    Im in :) Due on the 9th x
  • bettymags83
    bettymags83 Posts: 23 Member
    I'm in as well, due date is approx 24th October, the day before daddys birthday. Doing all that crazy internet researching on what I should and shouldn't do, been 10 years since the last one. Super excited will struggle to keep it under wraps until 12 weeks.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Due on October 7th. Tested on Jan 31st after being 6 days late. My cycles are consistently fairly short (24 days on avg) so I began to suspect something was up by cycle day 30. And sure enough... :smile:

We're thrilled. We weren't trying, per se, we just stopped using anything and let nature take its course for approximately a year.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    This is number 3 for me, and number 3 for him - we each have two from previous marriages. His twins turn 14 next week, and my baby will be 9 before we welcome this one. I'm struggling with secrecy too! I've told my boss and two work-besties, but I've almost slipped several times. I won't make it to 12 weeks, I'm hoping to make it to heart beat at first visit with Doc!
  • Ameech846
    Ameech846 Posts: 10 Member
    I'm due the 6th! I stayed away from exercise for awhile because I had some spotting. All clear now, so I'm gently beginning to exercise again.
  • kristisanchez11
    kristisanchez11 Posts: 30 Member
    Me too! I'm guessing due date is around Oct 12th! :) We had just started talking about having another one... said we might start trying in a few months. LOL. Guess it didn't take that long.
  • siobhan0311
    siobhan0311 Posts: 1 Member
    Due the 18th with #2 :)
  • kristisanchez11
    Group of 7 so far! Have you all already gone to see the Dr? I set up an appt for a few weeks from now, but am excited to get in and get this little peanut checked to make sure everything's healthy!

Have you ladies already told friends/family? Or are you planning to wait until end of first trimester?
  • Ameech846
    Ameech846 Posts: 10 Member
    We told our families and tell friends as the opportunity arises. I had a miscarriage before that no one new about and I didn't like how lonely it made me. I'm betting that if this one doesn't stick I'll feel better having my loven ones know.
  • ashliedelgado
    I have a nurse visit the 7th, my doc makes you do that before she sees you.
    I have told my two best friends and boss. Waiting until we get a heart beat before we tell anyone else. And by telling the best friends, I mean I didn't have a couple cocktails at dinner one night and they're like "yup, you're pregnant".
  • calla86
    calla86 Posts: 13 Member
    I'm due October 22nd! Didn't tell anyone about our first positive this time last year and then had a miscarriage. It was very hard not having anyone know. This time we've told more people, but my husband is still wary about telling too many. We are very excited, and I'm hopeful to keep up the running throughout pregnancy. I've lost 110 lbs but am still about 15 lbs overweight so the goal is to not gain too much and stay healthy!
  • jasmineruth
    jasmineruth Posts: 88 Member
    I'm due the 26th. I have been maintaining since last April but hormonal eating is my downfall. I'm planning to track throughout my pregnancy and stay as fit as I can.
  • ravanhorn
    ravanhorn Posts: 8 Member
    Still really early in my pregnancy. We've told no one. This will be baby number 3. I'm super psyched! I just want to maintain and not gain too much this time. I want to continue exercising while pregnant. The doctor and trainer said it is a good idea. I just feel way hungrier than I thought I would for as early as it is. I'm just trying to make healthy choices when I do eat.
  • jvezzsb01
    jvezzsb01 Posts: 115 Member
    I'm due the 12th according to the doctor. When I tested in January on the 27th I got a positive and thought I was due the 5th. I go back to the doctor this week so hopefully more clarification.
    I was a few pounds away from goal and then in the last week eating at deficit or maintenance(toggling) gained 4 pounds and I log everything. I don't get it and am so frustrated because I don't want to have to buy new clothes yet.
  • kristisanchez11
    How are you ladies feeling? The nausea has really kicked in over here! Is there anything you all have found that helps to not feel like you're going to be sick the entire day?
  • kristisanchez11
    So far... EDDs:

10/6 - Ameech
    10/7 - Lourdes
    10/9 - Charlie
    10/12 - Kristi
    10/12 - Jvezz
    10/18 - Siobhan
    10/22 - Calla
    10/24 - Betty
    10/25 - Ashlie
    10/26 - Jasmine

It's going to be a busy month of October!
  • ashliedelgado
    I've been really fortunate in my pregnancies to not have to go through the nausea part, but I have heard many people say keeping a bag of saltines next to your bed is quite helpful. Just nosh on a couple before you get up. Morning sickness is caused by empty stomach, counter intuitive right? There are also preggie pops, but those are just expensive dum-dums!
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    How are you ladies feeling? The nausea has really kicked in over here! Is there anything you all have found that helps to not feel like you're going to be sick the entire day?

Still haven't really experienced nausea to any meaningful extant. I got like a brief wave of nausea twice, where I suddenly felt hot, dizzy and sick and needed to sit down and sit still, but it didn't last long.

I don't really let myself go very long without eating something (I prefer many small meals/snacks over few large meals) so that could be why I'm not really experiencing morning sickness.

I have been really exhausted, though, feeling winded easily and taking a lot of cat naps (not typically a napper). And soooo bloated, ugh, I look pregnant already and my pants aren't fitting right, I'm already considering maternity jeans.
  • bettymags83
    bettymags83 Posts: 23 Member

My first pregnancy I was in and out of hospital with dehydration and it was awful however I have found a glass of warm milk before bed and before I even open my eyes on a morning eating a ginger biscuit helps keep it at bay and then constantly snacking throughout the day with small meals of plain tasting food is helping this time and no caffeine. Do a little bit of exercise and rest loads. Tips from my first pregnancy would be watermelon and hard boiled sweets and sucking on ice cubes when I couldn't keep anything and I mean anything down. If it gets too bad, go to the doctors and they will give you something but you might have to cry to get it. I hope it settles soon for you.
  • djlebreton
    djlebreton Posts: 50 Member

My nausea has kicked in this week too :( I havent thrown up but constant queasiness all day. Plus being constantly exhausted. Gotta love being pregnant!!