The Last Week of February

Options
VeryKatie
VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
Wow I can't believe there is only one week left in the challenge!
What are your plans for getting as close to goal as you can?
Will you try something new this week?

For me, I recently adjusted how I'm eating and exercising. My weight reached a high point this past Monday and I didn't like it one bit! So I took the cue - my method wasn't working for me.

I'm now trying to eat 1600 calories every day, do a 30 minute yoga video every day, and try to burn 350 calories 5 times a week (for an average of 250 a day). But on the days I'm not doing the 350 calorie exercises, I'm still eating 1600. I may bump the 1600 up if I find I feel too hungry in the coming weeks. No higher than 1800 though.

Replies

• WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    I know, time goes fast!

I'm currently visiting family so I'm pretty sure my numbers aren't going to be very good on the last weigh in day since my routine is shot right now but with that being said once I get back home, I'm going to try to incorporate some other work out routines (dvds, maybe row more, etc) as I feel like I'm not utilizing everything I have (and I do have a lot of choices that i've racked up over the years of trying to lose weight) and I also feel like although I love doing the Wii Fit that it really isn't giving me the intensity I need to grow. I'll probably still do it because I enjoy it but it won't be my main workout anymore.

Eventually, I'll be following a You Are Your Own Gym Program once I get done reading the books so my calories will be increased to include my exercise instead of me adding it in like I am now.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Oh! I have the Body By You version of YAYOG :) I did it for a while and liked it. I haven't had the courage to use the doors of my new house yet for the exercises though hahaha.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    I found the YAYOG and Body by You for decent prices at a discount book store so I ended up buying both. I'm currently reading YAYOG, I'm about 50-60 pages in.

Was there a particular reason about the program that caused you to stop doing it? Did you see any results while implementing the program?

I don't know if I would trust my doors for any exercises haha
  • VeryKatie
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Nah, I'm just inconsistent in nature. I pretty much only did it for 2 months (quitting is not something I'm proud of hahah). I let planning a wedding, building a house, and moving get in my way. I also got a new job which has a fitness subsidy that I can use on a gym membership so I figured why not? I heard great things about the program and really enjoyed it while I did it. I will probably get back into it one day.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it, thank you for giving me some insight. :)
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    February has been really inconsistent for me. I keep going way over on the weekends (even more than usual) causing some short stalls. This week has been really rough for a few reasons, and I am letting it affect my eating. I think the last weigh-in will be higher than the previous one, but I still hope to be at or below my goal for February which was only a loss 0.5lbs/week anyway.

Last weekend I didn't exercise, so this weekend I plan to hike at least once, hopefully twice, and do some yoga. I would also love to get to the gym to lift weights.
  • teegan84
    teegan84 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This month has been the most consistent I have been in years! And am closer to my February set goal than I thought I would be, not sure I will hit it when I weigh in for this last weigh in but I will be pretty darn close.....which will motivate me to keep it up in March! I am feeling good and already looking forward to starting the march challenge! You have done a great job @VeryKatie and ladies it has been good to have you all around as motivation and inspiration xx
  • teegan84
    teegan84 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    arghhhh so frustrating....was 0.1 pound off the goal weight I chose at the start of Feb challenge! But I am going to take it as reaching goal anyhow, I am sure when I wake up tomorrow that 0.1 pound will have moved off the scale! Can't wait to start March challenge tomorrow :)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited February 2016
    Options
    So after a lax week visiting family, a very high sodium meal yesterday (and pretty much during the week), and it being the week before my period - I am up 3 pounds from my last weigh in haha. I plan to kill it in March though so watch out! :D :P
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Everyone, please go check the Feb Results announcement. I need to recollect a little data from you because of an accident I had with the spreadsheet. Sorry!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    teegan84 wrote: »
    arghhhh so frustrating....was 0.1 pound off the goal weight I chose at the start of Feb challenge! But I am going to take it as reaching goal anyhow, I am sure when I wake up tomorrow that 0.1 pound will have moved off the scale! Can't wait to start March challenge tomorrow :)

That is a victory for sure, congrats! I on the other hand am 3 pounds over my March 1 goal! Onward!