Welcome!

Options

Replies

• NaomiC1013
    NaomiC1013 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    NaomiC1013 wrote: »
    Figured I'd go ahead and get this over and done with.

That's weird. I wrote a whole paragraph! Not sure why only the first sentence showed up. Anyway, I had said that here are my 'day one' pics and that I can't believe I'm a actually posting them!! :s I'm leaving for Ireland to visit my family on Saturday, Mar 5, so I probably won't be able to post any progress pics until I come home on the 21st. I'll still be checking in though, because I need the support to stay strong on vacation. Thanks everyone in advance. Here goes!!! :#

• Clemsongirl33
    Clemsongirl33 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I just started adding friends and browsing groups today on here. Glad I stumbled upon this group! I have 30 lbs to lose by June 3rd. This will definitely help with motivation and accountability.
    My name is Iris. 36 year old mother of 12 and 16 year old girls (and my boys are a bull mastiff lab mix and a blue pit bull )...I consider them my children too lol
    I'm in Sumter, SC. My 16 year old graduates June 3rd and we're going on a vacation in the Smokey directly after. These events are motivating me to get rid of extra weight.
    I use to be a trainer at the gym years ago....so I know what to do. The last 6 years, I've been back in stressful retail management.
    Anyway....look forward to cheering everyone on!!
  • fun2love
    fun2love Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    KARI ANN here in Cleveland, Ohio. Three girls..18,16, and 5. Life is fun, but I've been very unhappy with myself so much as I do not even like to go out. Oh and mirrors? Yeah NO! This the first challenge I have been in. I'm doing 1200 calorie diet and getting to the YMCA at least 4 times a week for their water classes. I am looking to lose about 150 lbs. My first goal is 50! Nice to meet you all!
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Meg from Virginia. I used MFP to lose 50lbs ahead of my wedding last October. I'm about 30-40lbs from my all-time goal, so I'm trying to shake the rest off. I hate being in the gym, however, so I've done all my weight loss by walking. Walking to and from work, walking during my lunch break, walking the dog in the evenings.

At this point I'm trying to make it a full lifestyle change; now that I'm married and we're settled in the new house the routines we develop in the next few years will really become our routines. They'd better be good ones.

For that reason I'm picking up a lot of the cooking where my husband used to do it, and trying a lot of healthy options. However, I am getting a little weary of chicken. Can we maybe start a recipes thread here to share things we find that might be good? Even chicken but ... other things besides chicken. :) 16 weeks of meeting our goals can also be 16 weeks of trying new food, right?

My big challenge is with alcohol. I love coming home from work and having a few glasses of wine or a couple of beers. Naturally I like rich, red wines and heavy dark beers -- the ones with the most calories! So we'll see how that goes.
  • Clemsongirl33
    Clemsongirl33 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Lorraine
    Thank you for letting me part of this exciting challenge. Looking forward to meeting new people and help one another. I am 44 yrs old and over a period of 2 yrs I put on a good amount of weight...my goal is to try and get healthy and look good for my birthday in August.

Fellow Leo....
    My birthday is August 13..I'll be 37. When is yours?
  • bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Awesome welcome to each of you! Sure I will create a nutrition/recipe thread as well as an exercise thread. As far as alcohol I might suggest switching to vodka, soda, and lime and like everything else in life moderation is key. I love a good beer and red wine myself so I can relate. :smile:
  • Dana_E
    Dana_E Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Fellow Leo....

I'll be 37, too, at the end of July.
  • oliverthecat_
    oliverthecat_ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm a 30 year old from the UK. My main aim is to get back to the weight/fitness I had last summer. Currently only about 7-8 pounds over my goal weight, but not eating very healthily at the moment, and aiming to improve on that. I am also training for a 100km charity bike ride in July, and would like to build on my current fitness. Probably aiming more for inch losses rather than weight loss, but need some motivation to get the healthy lifestyle back.
  • Llorraine11
    Llorraine11 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Lorraine
    Thank you for letting me part of this exciting challenge. Looking forward to meeting new people and help one another. I am 44 yrs old and over a period of 2 yrs I put on a good amount of weight...my goal is to try and get healthy and look good for my birthday in August.

Fellow Leo....

August 18..
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Adrienne. I Live in Vancouver, BC Canada. I'm 35 and have about 20 pounds or so to lose. I almost made it to my goal a couple of years ago when I was running regularly but I hurt my back quite badly and had to take a long while off. Hoping to get back to it this spring, starting from scratch again! My goal for the next 16 weeks is to drop a dress size. I still have to take really good care of my back so want to start being more regular with yoga, stretching, foam rolling and strength training.
  • freedsheila
    freedsheila Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm Sheila 52 from Chicagoland area. I've started my life change 7 weeks ago. I'm down 20.5 so far. I'm in a biggest loser contest at work for 3 more weeks. The men are all in top 10 and me in 3rd so far. I don't care if I win I'm happy if I keep loosing! I've got at least 40 more lbs to go. I've been efforts to change my eating habits and incorporating some excercise into my life and I very happy with my progress! I'm looking forward to continuing this journey!
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    That's awesome Sheila! Hope we can provide you some motivation to help you achieve your goals and great job so far in contest!
  • NaomiC1013
    Options
    I messed up today by eating a creme egg, mini eggs and a ton of jelly beans. All sugar. 770 calories. Smh. Here's to being better tomorrow.
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    i have a sweet tooth as well. I always keep some good quality chocolate around and if I can't take it any longer I will break off one square and basically make it last as long as I can. No worries Naomi! Tomorrow will be and today that small little aspect of today will be forgotten. :)
  • Sixlees
    Sixlees Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    NaomiC1013 wrote: »
    I messed up today by eating a creme egg, mini eggs and a ton of jelly beans. All sugar. 770 calories. Smh. Here's to being better tomorrow.

Sweet tooth here as well. I am planning some chocolate into my calories most days so I have it to look forward to at the end of a long day. I know I will not stick to this life change if I don't allow myself sweets. I know I am an emotional eater also .... never paid attention to calories before and can't believe I used to eat a full day worth of calories on a tub of Ben &Jerry's Caramel Sutra in one sitting for a "snack"
  • bradygin
    bradygin Posts: 22 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi! I'm Brady, 31 from Florida. I have 2 and almost 4 year old who are the loves of my life! I joined the gym last October and it's my happy place. I need that me time to be a better/nicer person! I love strength training, it's my stress relief. My weakness is over eating, I love to cook (and taste) and I constantly have snacks on me because of my kids. Holding myself accountable with this app is super helpful. I.e. Logging the 10 goldfish crackers and bite of my sons pb&j helps me think before I eat it next time. I'm pretty disciplined, but I don't have anyone in my real circle to hold me accountable so I'm very happy to have found this community. Thanks!
  • bradygin
    bradygin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @bruhaha007 how do you have the self control for only on square?! I can't have chocolate in my house or I'll lay awake thinking about it.... Until its in my mouth haha!

@NaomiC1013 just consider it your early Easter party!!
  • NaomiC1013
    Options
    @bruhaha007 and @bradygin Thanks guys!! And yes, I have the same question!!! Only one square??? I can't have goodies in my house either, otherwise I eat them, as today proved. Haha!

@Sixlees I hear ya! I am too! A 6-pack of crispy creme donuts? No problem. A large family-size bag of cheese puffs? Easy! I could go on. Drown my sorrows in junk food, feels great while I'm eating, then I feel even worse afterwards and look for something else to eat to make me happy. Really trying hard to change my relationship with food.
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    I suppose I am pretty disciplined but it took practice. I occasionally buy cheddar puffs for my daughter and I will get a craving for some and open the bag, grab 6 or 7, and put the bag away and not really be tempted to eat more. I trained my brain to do this largely by doing IF(intermittent fasting) which eventually curbed my cravings. I watched a series of videos that explain how our brains can't get enough of empty calories and sugars and it triggers a response that we can't satiate our craving no matter how much we consume of them so our brains tell us to just keeping eat more. However, that same craving mechanism doesn't happen with things such as broccoli and apples etc.. We don't crave eating an entire bag of apples like we do a bag of chips. It is a great video if anyone cares to watch it.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    bruhaha007 wrote: »
    I suppose I am pretty disciplined but it took practice. I occasionally buy cheddar puffs for my daughter and I will get a craving for some and open the bag, grab 6 or 7, and put the bag away and not really be tempted to eat more. I trained my brain to do this largely by doing IF(intermittent fasting) which eventually curbed my cravings. I watched a series of videos that explain how our brains can't get enough of empty calories and sugars and it triggers a response that we can't satiate our craving no matter how much we consume of them so our brains tell us to just keeping eat more. However, that same craving mechanism doesn't happen with things such as broccoli and apples etc.. We don't crave eating an entire bag of apples like we do a bag of chips. It is a great video if anyone cares to watch it.

Can you share the link?