Introduce yourself.

Options

Replies

• scgarcia35
    scgarcia35 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am a 36 year old divorced mother of 5. My oldest 2 are grown and out of the house. I work full time at a desk job and need to get healthy. I do Zumba 3 days a week & try to go to the gym during my lunch break. I have lost 10 pounds so far and I know I can do it. Its just hard to keep motivated. I want to have a great summer with my kids without having the body shame.
  • ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Utah89 wrote: »
    Hi, I am Elizabeth. I am 44. I gained 25 pounds after a surgery last summer that laid me out for several months. I started exercising again in and finally feel like myself. I lost my first 10 and now I am working on the next 15. One day at a time:) I looking forward to this challenge to keep me moving in the right direction most of time.

Exactly. Progress, not perfection!
  • shaunie126
    shaunie126 Posts: 33 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hello I'm 37 & a wife and work at home mom. My boys are14&10.
    This will be my very first challenge.
    I am not pregnant and haven't been for ten years. BUT I am at my highest weight I have ever been! I'm 190. This is very discouraging and I need motivation! Because I am lacking in the wheel power category. BUT give me a challenge and I get very determined. Soooooo I'm here and ready for the challenge. I can really use some support.
  • marji2busy
    marji2busy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Marji, I am in Connecticut. 46 yr old Admin professional...I am 2 years into my fitness/weightloss journey..I am active and take a bootcamp class 3-4 times a week but always seem to struggle with food and diet...it seems to go so so so slow....please be patient, I am new to this format and how it all works...Looking forward to getting started...
  • revolucia78
    revolucia78 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Lucia, I'm 27 years old and have lost weight using MFP before but gained it all back and some but I want this to be the last time I go through this so I plan to stick with MFP to my goal weight, into maintenance and anytime I feel like I need to get back on track. I'm currently 215 and hope to ultimately get down to about 130 depending on how I look/feel. I have lost 4 pounds so far and feel good! It's nice to see the scale going in the right direction. I've never participated in any challenges but I feel like it would be what I need to stay on track and continue to work hard. I work a lot and don't get home until late so when I go to the gym it's usually very late at night so I'm hoping this will get me out the door on those nights when I'm "just too tired" because I know I always feel good afterwards and never regret it. Good luck to everyone!!
  • Rossergirl
    Rossergirl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey yall! I am Sherry and I will turn 50 years old on the 27th of this month. I live in NC. I have had to watch my weight my entire life. It is much harder to do now than when I was younger. I need motivation and accountability! I am hoping this group and the challenges will motivate me and being on a team will help with the accountability aspect! Looking forward to meeting new friends! B)
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    @RoseTheWarrior truly delighted to see you here :)
  • mariaheliza2015
    mariaheliza2015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Mariah and I am from Vermont! I have 3 children. 10, 4, and 4 months. My oldest is a girl and my other two are boys. I work as an LNA. I would love to get back to my body before any kids. I am weighing in at 164.0 even as of today and I would be happy at 135. Ready for this!
  • danwilk
    danwilk Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Daniel and I started my journey to get healthy last September and so far have lost 49 lbs. My ultimate goal is to be at a healthy weight and live a healthy life. I love to work out with weights in the gym and I'm looking forward to the Amazing Race challenge to start and see what I can do. Let's have fun and get healthier at the same time.
  • hncall01
    hncall01 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I am trying to lose weight and tone up for my brothers wedding on the beach in July!!! And since I am in the wedding, I have this intense pressure to look my best. I have been a struggler when it comes to weight loss. I will lose weight and then gain it all back, so I definitely need a lot of support and encouragement. I can't wait for this to start and I really do believe that it will help me stay on track. Plus, who doesn't love The Amazing Race?!
  • andriadixon4
    andriadixon4 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Andrea Dixon and I'm a mother of 4 I've been using My Fitness Pal for maybe 2 years. This is my first challenge mind you I think I need somebody to sign me up because the sign up sheet is not working for me. I would like to lose 20 pounds by May. My starting weight is 175. I hope everybody has fun
  • countrcowgirl
    countrcowgirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    valtheran0 wrote: »
    I'm Ken. Im 26 and have a beautiful wife who was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer in December. As one could expect it has been rough to deal with. I had lost about 10lbs before our world was flipped over and now I want to get back on track.

I'm trying to stay motivated and get back down to my happy weight of 175lbs. Im currently 5ft 8in and 197lbs.

I hope my story hasnt put anyone off and that all of us in this group can reach our goals together.

Stay strong Ken... you need a lot of courage at a time like this... taking time to care for yourself is super important so you can be able to give your wife all the support she needs.

Thanks for joining!
  • countrcowgirl
    countrcowgirl Posts: 249 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi I am Donna, I am 49 and a University professor and department chair. I have been married for 24 years and have 3 grown children. I have lost 76lbs and would like to lose another 50lbs. Currently I hit the gym 6 days a week, and try to walk 20,000 steps per day. Good luck everyone! Hope we all reach our goals!
  • jodybergeon
    jodybergeon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jody, looking for something fun and motivating!
  • issy62087
    issy62087 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I'm Issy. I'm 28 and ready to dedicate myself to getting in shape. My awesome and beautiful sisters and I are doing this challenge together. My goal is to lose 20 lbs by mid July for a scuba trip to Bonaire.
  • angelious
    angelious Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Andrea Dixon and I'm a mother of 4 I've been using My Fitness Pal for maybe 2 years. This is my first challenge mind you I think I need somebody to sign me up because the sign up sheet is not working for me. I would like to lose 20 pounds by May. My starting weight is 175. I hope everybody has fun

Let me know if the challenge creator has not added you and I will put you on the spreadsheet. Drop me a message
  • TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Sherri and I'll be turning 42 during the challenge. I'm new here.

I adopted a dog from the shelter that was a "Running Buddy". Running Buddies are dogs that don't pull and have a good gait that joggers can check out from the shelter for a 3 mile run.

That is not the reason I adopted him but Finn is extremely shy and it turns out the only joy he has is going for a jog (that, and peanut butter covered chicken). I am not athletic myself but I've started a C25K and hope to get there. Watching him light up as I pull out the running harness makes my heart swell.

I joined MFP after reading on a running site that C25K programs often come with a weight gain because of feeling famished after a run. It scared me. I wasn't looking to lose at the time but I sure didn't want to gain since I was already caring around an extra 19lbs. Turns out not to be true and I'm losing steadily so far.
  • ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Sherri and I'll be turning 42 during the challenge. I'm new here.

I adopted a dog from the shelter that was a "Running Buddy". Running Buddies are dogs that don't pull and have a good gait that joggers can check out from the shelter for a 3 mile run.

That is not the reason I adopted him but Finn is extremely shy and it turns out the only joy he has is going for a jog (that, and peanut butter covered chicken). I am not athletic myself but I've started a C25K and hope to get there. Watching him light up as I pull out the running harness makes my heart swell.

I joined MFP after reading on a running site that C25K programs often come with a weight gain because of feeling famished after a run. It scared me. I wasn't looking to lose at the time but I sure didn't want to gain since I was already caring around an extra 19lbs. Turns out not to be true and I'm losing steadily so far.

That's so cool! I had no idea such a program existed!

Running can make you gain weight, but not if you make smart food choices. Sounds like you've got it figured out! Keep it up!
  • KathyCocker
    KathyCocker Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kathy and I am a newbie to challenges here. I did WW years ago and was successful when I participated in challenges so decided I'd jump in and get going again. I am 44, married, mom to girls 9 and 12, 194 and need to lose about 40 long term. I play sports and have a big event at the end of July and want to be in better physical shape by then. I run around so much between working full time and taking care of the family that my eating habits are horrendous. I'm going to work on that! Looking forward to this challenge for sure!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

Running won't make you gain weight. I lost most of my weight (60+pounds) running. However, it's very common to overestimate how many calories you are burning and to think that because you are running you can eat anything you want. That will cause weight gain. If you are eating healthy balanced meals you shouldn't feel famished, especially at the 5k distance. If you do, then it becomes a matter at looking closely at what you are eating, and when.

I LOVE the idea of that running buddy program!