Feb 28 - March 5

Options
NewOR2015
NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
Hey, everyone! Can you believe we are getting into MARCH now? Time flies when you're having fun. :)

How was your weekend? And what new goals do you have for the week ahead?

Replies

• NewOR2015
    Options
    I did alright with my calorie goal but did not do as much walking as I should. This coming week I plan to make up for that with some longer walks.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Ok I did well with doing my exercise first BUT...... hubby bought pizza and I had it two days in a row stayed in my calories but I have such a flour intolerance that my joints are swollen and my body is in rough shape from it even up a few lbs. When will I ever learn.
  • Living360
    Living360 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm back on track today with a solid commitment to eat healthy, be active every day and lose more weight. I was derailed in Feb, not even sure why. I still have a lot of family commitments coming this year and a big birthday in exactly 10 months. My plan is to reach my goal weight by December 29th, one week at a time. I can do this and not to sound sappy but your support is what gives me the understanding it is possible. I'm scheduled to work at least 50 hours this week so it will be a long one. I grocery shopped and cooked yesterday so I have good meals to get me through. Have a nice day and a great week!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Hi, I haven't checked in for awhile. But the second half of February has found me getting back on track after a bit of a stall in January into the first part of February. During the month of February, I actually took something of a break from life (as much as I could). Today finds me with some better habits and ready to more fully reengage.

2020pinktogo - When I eat pizza, the sodium will cause my weight to shoot up a pound or two. It always amazes me.

NewOR2015 - I also want to do more walking and now that the temperatures are nicer, I fully expect that to happen. I wanted to enjoy the outdoors this weekend, but was determined to start March with a clean house. So, I didn't go for the walks, but I was certainly moving around inside.

Living360 - Best wishes with your goals. Obviously, planning and cooking ahead makes all the difference. This is an area that I continue to work on doing better. I'm working to reach my goal weight by July 4th (Independence Day). We can do this!

Wishing everyone a wonderful and successful week. :)
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    @JMarcella57 Welcome back! I had a stall myself, but things finally got going again. I feel like I have "grown up" and no longer want to quit in frustration when things don't go exactly like I want them to.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I am going to be on limited exercise for a while, probably the whole month, maybe up to 6 weeks, due to concussion. I does mean that I can focus on rehabilitation for my knee so I can get back to fencing as that is slow and controlled movement, but with less hectic training, I will have to be cautious with my eating.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    My goal this week is to start regularly walking/running. Temperature is no longer an excuse not to start. The weather is gorgeous here!

CaptainBoing - Congrats on Bronze. Take care of yourself and enjoy the rehab time.
  • TrishV2013
    TrishV2013 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    After an indulgent Oscar Sunday, I am back on track. I took Monday off to rest/clean up from our party that we had on Sunday night. My eating and drinking was way off but I enjoyed myself. I skipped the gym on Monday but made it in this morning for a good workout session. My goal this week is to get in five days of exercise, which I accomplished last week. On Saturday my hubby and I went shopping and I bought two new dresses from the Loft and one of them was in a size medium. :)

My husband leaves for India on the 10th and I am leaving the 17th. Between now and then we have so much packing to do for our move. It's a little overwhelming to think about but it is a nice feeling to be getting rid of some things and moving to a new place that is better suited for our needs.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    ...On Saturday my hubby and I went shopping and I bought two new dresses from the Loft and one of them was in a size medium. :)

My husband leaves for India on the 10th and I am leaving the 17th. Between now and then we have so much packing to do for our move. It's a little overwhelming to think about but it is a nice feeling to be getting rid of some things and moving to a new place that is better suited for our needs.

Congrats on the dress shopping! Sounds like some exciting things going on in your life with the move to India. Look forward to hearing more about this transition!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Well my shopping day went down the tubes we are expecting a big storm so my mom said she was afraid to venture out and then she said HMMMM... You don't sound right ? Damn she is good LOL I'm just a little sick and I was going to cancel our outing anyway but I didn't want to worry her and was going to blame the weather. ;)

@MrsVelapanur the fact that your condo is closer to your work will be such a blessing. When you save time you can use the time to do something for you. I give everyone who travels a lot of kudos. I truly don't like to fly I hate the feeling when you take off and land. I must look a wreck cause someone always volunteers to hold my hand men, women maybe they just want me to open my eyes and stop looking like the world is ending. LOL

By the way does anyone take probiotics and what's your thought on them?
  • TrishV2013
    Options
    @JMarcella57 - We're not moving to India but we are going for 2-3 weeks; however, right when we get back, we're moving to a new condo that is closer to my work. We have a lot to do between now and when we leave. Ideally, I'd like to have our current apartment packed so we can just move things when we return on April 1.

@2020pinktogo - I have used probiotics on and off and like them. I just need to remember to take them. Digestion is more at ease, less stomach upset, etc.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    Okay, it's March now. I told myself that I would start my squats in March. Will I do it? Right now, I'm not in the mood. Later tonight I will do my best to make myself do it. I've already done my walking for today. I'm pretty used to that now. It's time to add something new...squats.
  • Living360
    Living360 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    @NewOR2015 I added rowing squats yesterday. Must not have the form down correctly because I feel no soreness, lol. I am back to exercising as I committed to for March but did not do well on my eating today. I worked from home and did too much snacking. My dad is in town from Hot Springs Arkansas and we are taking him out to dinner tonight. I will try to order well; this restaurant does not serve large portions but it will be difficult to count today's calories. I already have my breakfast and lunch ready for tomorrow . . . so I will begin again. My goal this month includes working on my commitment to healthy eating every day within my calorie allowance. Challenging!
  • Dory_42
    Options
    On the probiotic discussion. I have used them on occasion but never found any effect personally. I am on some now simply because my friend have me her left overs (she can't use them for some reason). I do know that if you are given them to take while you are on antibiotics, don't. Wait until you finish the antibiotic course and then start taking the probiotics. Antibiotics kill all the cultures in your digestive system so trying to add to them at the same time is pointless. Probiotics help to grow the healthy cultures but so does yogurt and such like.

I'm getting on with some house cleaning and catching up with friends today. Very low key but I'm already bored of watching TV and it is difficult to concentrate on reading for very long.
  • TrishV2013
    Options
    I was going to ask how everyone's "granny fanny" was doing. :) I have upped exercises focused on my glutes and I can definitely feel a difference. I am sure I will start to see my results soon. I was checking myself in the dressing room mirror on Saturday and was happy with what I saw.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Well you know what I have noticed now I have that crepe paper skin you know the one where they advertise gold bond lotion for. UGH I feel like you get one thing not looking too bad and another section goes down the tubes. LOL
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    I did 3 squats yesterday. That's it. On the third one I heard my right knee pop. It did not hurt at all, but I did not want to risk it. I know it's just an excuse. One or all of you is going to tell me it's just a normal thing to hear a pop.

Hey, this group is supposed to make me feel better. First, you mention "granny fanny". Now, "crepe paper skin". Really? What's next???? :)
  • Dory_42
    Options
    I would be careful with knees. If there is no pain, stiffness or swelling, you should be fine though.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    I don't pop but I have severe atrophy of my one leg so as soon as that leg starts to have trouble I stop. But My ankles pop like if you were to crack your knuckles with a few of the exercises. No pain they just pop and I continue on.

LOL on the crepe paper skin both my grandmothers have it my sister is like Hot damn you got it. I seem to get it all as it's just really a cosmetic thing I'm going to try some lotions to see if it looks better but I think you need good circulation and that I don't have. I won't be sporting any shorts to say the least. LOL But honestly I feel you get to a certain age and shorts should not be worn in public. I have never been a lover of shorts.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    I'm off to a slow start this week. Kicking it into gear today.
    @2020pinktogo - At least my short shorts have long since been retired. (Though, sometimes when I'm working outside in my yard, I may wear some that are a bit shorter than I would wear in public. I figure it'll keep the neighbors scared off while I'm working. LOL)