Nutritarians with Open Diaries

robingmurphy
robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
Any nutritarians out there who are active loggers and have open diaries? I find it inspiring to see what others are eating.

Replies

• Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,892 Member
    Welcome Robin! I am not sure about that. I don't think a lot of us do. I don't generally log my food when I'm full on ETL, it doesn't seem necessary. And when I'm not following ETL I don't want to know lol. I do keep track now and then but it has been a while. We had a thread going for a while where everyone was posting what they were eating, I'd certainly be happy to revive that if it would help, or you can follow along the monthly threads, a lot of us post our meals. You'll find a lot of the people here march to our own drummer, but we try to stay mostly ETL. I strive for 80 to 90% myself.
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,332 Member
    I've adjusted my settings so my food log can be viewed by friends. You are welcome to friend me :)
  • tdh1991
    tdh1991 Posts: 511 Member
    I am an off again logger. When you eat ETL it is a lot of logging. So right now off but plan on starting again Feb 1 with a 2 1/2 month commitment to logging. You can friend me if you want.
  • whats_her_name
    whats_her_name Posts: 716 Member
    I only logged 1 day. I was beyond stuffed, and I had only logged 800 calories. So I figured there was no point in spending all the time logging, when I was already spending so much time with food prep...
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited January 2016
    My diary is open to anyone. I log pretty much every day. I am almost vegan/vegetarian. (Still eat fish occasionally.) I've been Nutritarian for over 3 years now and I LOVE it.
  • OneTwentyThree
    OneTwentyThree Posts: 186 Member
    I have to say it is really hard to log while on a nutritarian diet. I tried during my first week and felt overwhelmed.. too much to log.
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    It gets easier once you have favorite recipes stored in your recipe tab. Also there are quite a few Dr Fuhrman recipes already in the database. You can also create lists in other tabs without logging all the ingredients. You can import recipes from another website, too. For things like salad, I created a recipe for a base salad (with all the things I normally add to a salad) and then I only have to add extra stuff to my diary. I do the same for my smoothies; I have 3 or 4 base smoothie recipes and then I just add extras that may go in the smoothie that day. There's lots of shortcuts like that so you're not logging every item, every time.
    You may find logging your food helpful, at first, to see what you're eating and what nutrients you're eating and how many calories you're eating. I did it primarily to track my sodium, but I can look and see why my weight hasn't been going down lately. It's a good way to help you stay on track, at least at first. Or get a baseline idea of what you're eating. After awhile, once you get the hang of it, you don't have to log anything. It's just a tool to guide you in your quest, so if it works for you, great. If it doesn't, then don't do it.
  • nmzeta
    nmzeta Posts: 381 Member
    I am getting back to following ETL. My diary is open
  • Mihani
    Zeta! So glad to see you :smile:
  • tdh1991
    tdh1991 Posts: 511 Member
    welcome nmzeta.
    we have a new discussion thread that just started today. We usually start a new discussion on the 1st of every month. Join us :)
  • nmzeta
    nmzeta Posts: 381 Member
    Thanks. It's been awhile. ;)
  • kiawenniserathe
    kiawenniserathe Posts: 5 Member
    I'm thinking about starting the six week plan. But, need to know how to do it. I've read the can and can't list, and have some ideas about salads. How do people plan for the week or travel? What can I do to prepare for some of the challenges? I commute 3 hours per day, so want to make sure that I have a plan in place so that I don't get over hungry. Thanks for your help and ideas. Alison
  • Mihani
    Hi Alison, welcome to the group. I keep things simple as a rule. I don't have a lot of time for cooking and prepping so I use a lot of the pre-washed lettuce or I'll clean a bunch myself and keep it in my salad spinner. I run veggies through my food processor that I can add to salads over several days. I like wraps too... when I'm not avoiding starchy carbs I throw a bunch of lettuce and some beans or hummus in a whole wheat wrap. I make big batches of ETL friendly soups and freeze them in serving size containers, those are easy to tote along to work. ohsheglows.com and the Oh She Glows cookbooks have my favorite soups, I make them a lot. Fresh fruit and raw veggies are handy portable snacks.

We have a monthly thread where we all kind of check in, you are welcome to join in there. We share ideas about ETL (and everything else that occurs to us lol) and it's a friendly group. It's quieter on weekends though.
  • kiawenniserathe
    kiawenniserathe Posts: 5 Member
    Great! Thank you for sharing. :)