Weight plateau

Options
I've been low carb now for about 2 1/2 months and lost around 23-25 lbs in total thus far.
I don't really exercise at all besides walking ...
I hit a plateau for awhile and then ate a bunch of junk and went back to low carb and I got past the plateau .
Now I'm at another wall ... If I exercise more will this help or is there anything else I can do to get past it?

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    How long are you stalled? How often are you weighing? Are you sure this is a reasonable rate of loss to maintain? You don't look 300 lbs, and 12+ pounds a month isn't sustainable at anything close to normal weights.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    This topic has come up a couple times in the last few days. Actually, it comes up all the time. :wink:
    It's really quite normal, especially when you get close to goal. Here's a link to a detailed response I recently gave another person. It's in this thread.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10343997/losing-weight-too-quickly#latest
    This is assuming that you're staying on plan and aren't over stressing your body and stuff, of course.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    12lbs a month!! Awesome. If your body needs a month or more to recover, settle in to a new weight then drop again, that is a part of what many folk here experience.
    Patience has to be on the list. Varying my routine exercise, calories, food choices and macros I have tried but not sure what links to success as it may be the patience.
  • greenleopard94
    greenleopard94 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This topic has come up a couple times in the last few days. Actually, it comes up all the time. :wink:
    It's really quite normal, especially when you get close to goal. Here's a link to a detailed response I recently gave another person. It's in this thread.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10343997/losing-weight-too-quickly#latest
    This is assuming that you're staying on plan and aren't over stressing your body and stuff, of course.
    Thank you, that really helped me get a grasp on things lol I really appreciate it
  • greenleopard94
    greenleopard94 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    12lbs a month!! Awesome. If your body needs a month or more to recover, settle in to a new weight then drop again, that is a part of what many folk here experience.
    Patience has to be on the list. Varying my routine exercise, calories, food choices and macros I have tried but not sure what links to success as it may be the patience.
    I was thinking the exact same thing. I've had some negative people try to steer me away from the low-carb lifestyle recently LOL. But I really appreciate your response and thank you
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Thank you, that really helped me get a grasp on things lol I really appreciate it

The slow down is tough. I've been there with feeling disappointed myself. I've learned to look at the big picture with the app and daily weighing and I've had to learn that each day's weight is actually quite insignificant. But it's so much better on the other side of the disappointment, having a better understanding of the fluctuations. I want everyone to be able to feel this way. To not let the ups and slow downs get to you. They are part of the journey. :smile: