Is anyone starting a March challenge?

Options
LemonSocks
LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
Hi everyone,

My name is Kara and I've been using MFP for a several years. I'd originally started at 180lbs and over my first year dropped to 129lbs (which I was really happy with). I did maintain that for several years (well, staying within 5lbs of that). However over the past 18 months I've slowly been adding the pounds, and I'm sitting at 146lbs now!

I've been trying to lose that extra for the past few months, but something just isn't clicking this time round and I've actually ended up heavier than I was when I started 'trying to drop the few pounds' again.

I think I'm more successful when there's competition and goals, so I wondered if anyone was doing any challenges for March. I'm always trying to lose weight either by myself or with my boyfriend (who has zero commitment with this), so I think I need to be part of a group to reach my goals this time.

So any good challenges coming up that may be worth joining for March?

Please feel free to add me too. I love new friends :)

Replies

• mallaidhnme
    mallaidhnme Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I need a good one--haven't heard of any that I can work with yet...
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @LemonSocks and @mallaidhnme if interested, then please contact @mallowbar re spring break training challenge; March 1 to May 10th including amazing race team challenges. lots of fun (I am doing her winter challenge now). Alternatively see if it shows up under groups.
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    @LemonSocks and @mallaidhnme if interested, then please contact @mallowbar re spring break training challenge; March 1 to May 10th including amazing race team challenges. lots of fun (I am doing her winter challenge now). Alternatively see if it shows up under groups.

Thanks SamandaIndia. I've signed up to join and I'm looking forward to it
  • SamandaIndia
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @LemonSocks awesome.. see you there. Might end up on same amazing race team. :)

BTW for anyone else, still a day left to join us. Teams established 4 march if I recall correctly.
  • mallaidhnme
    mallaidhnme Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Thanks, @SamandaIndia It looks like I missed the window.... And my app is freaking out so I can't contact.
  • SamandaIndia
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @mallaidhnme maybe @mallowbar may make an exception if she has room left. I haved asked for you . If yes you will need to send her your weight from ~tuesday ASAP to her (pref today). Next time there is a spreadsheet. If mfp works send her your current weight from 2 days ago or as close as possible as starting weight.
  • mltrainer1
    mltrainer1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you have access to a rowing machine, Concept2 has an excellent March challenge. Rowing is a great way to lose weight. You can rank yourself with people all over the world. Check out their website: http://www.concept2.com/indoor-rowers/motivation/online-logbook-ranking
  • SamandaIndia
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @mallaidhnme maybe @mallowbar may make an exception if she has room left. I haved asked for you . If yes you will need to send her your weight from ~tuesday ASAP to her (pref today). Next time there is a spreadsheet. If mfp works send her your current weight from 2 days ago or as close as possible as starting weight.

@mallaidhnme you can join. I asked! Just join group spring break training challenge. Hurry. Love to see you there. Thursday weigh ins and amazing race openings close