Team 8 - Amazing Race

Options
BJerzy
BJerzy Posts: 1,844 Member
Hey all! I've started this discussion so we can all check in, motivate, share our setbacks, and just get to know each other a little bit. It would be awesome to see everyone check in a couple times a week with what you've been up to! If you ever have trouble posting to the spreadsheets just let me know and I can post for you. I'm looking forward to this race!

I'm Brynn, 29 from VA. I'm a teacher and I decorate cakes at Food Lion on the weekends. I like to be active but don't always take enough time for it, so I volunteered as a team leader to help with my accountability! Feel free to friend me and tell us a little about yourself.

@cpanus @MiraVertega @Ahollowed @bex_2016 @LastChance @kaitkolo @sandkp @jermari284 @kandice-quailed @enuf200 @sepoep2 @Jackiemac411 @wahmx3 @hncall01 @303lissy @jodybergeon

Replies

• LastChanceRobin
    LastChanceRobin Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I *think* I go here!!! Unless there is another one!!!

I am 31.... (maybe? 32? I was born on '84. I don't math). I am a mom of 2 crazy boys. I am Canadian! I am a professional photographer, runner and outdoor enthusiast! I love hiking, surfing, running, camping, canoeing!!!

I really need to lose about 50lbs. I stopped running daily when I started my business and it spiralled out of control. I went from running 10+KM a day 5 days a week..... To nothing. For 6 months. I didn't realize how bad I missed it until I started running again. I am really hoping to use this challenge to get back on track! So far, so good!!!! I have a crazy competitive streak! Lets do this!!!!
  • Ahollowed
    Ahollowed Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Im alice. Im 39 sahm of 4. I joined fit body boot camp this jan and am seriously stepping up my exercising. I figure i should also step up my diet. This is my first challenge. Im excited to get started. I just did day 2 of squats. Ouch
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hi Team! I also need to lose a good 50. I am 47 and have 2 kids (teenagers). I love to exercise, but have been in a major lazy slump since Christmas. This race couldn't have come at a better time for me!
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Today I turn 26 (yay!) and looking to get healthy. I'm looking to drop some serious weight, but my goal for this specific challenge is 15lbs. I'm pushing for 20, but I'll be thrilled with 15. I'm currently in PT with an injury, but this will push me to keep working out (safely). So excited to start!
  • hncall01
    hncall01 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Heather and I'm 27. I'll be 28 in June. I joined this group because it seemed like an excellent motivator for me to finally get back into working out. I used to do it regularly and then after a few things happened, I just let myself go. In total I need to lose a good 60lbs. So I am hoping that checking in everyday with everyone and doing The Amazing Race, that it will keep me going! I'm really excited!!!
  • sepoep2
    sepoep2 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Team 8 (as in we ate too much and moved too little so here we are)!

I'm Samantha, 27 from Ohio. I had my first child April 2014 and second child July 2015 (15 months apart) so my body has been hostage to growing babies and I've been "eating for two" for nearly 3 years. I luckily lost most my first pregnancy weight before I had my second. Once my second arrived I realized how easily tired I was from just the normal daily routine of having two kids under two. I was struggling to be the mom I wanted to be. So about 6 weeks postpartum I started running and eating "better" (less junk but still pretty poorly). I was starting to enjoy running (a first for me- and I was a cross country runner in high school... A slow one leading the back but still). I lost my second pregnancy weight in August and dropped some additional poundage up until the end of November (enter the holiday season + winter + every excuse not to exercise or eat right).

By some miracle I didn't gain weight during the holidays and I am starting this challenge (and a challenge at work) at 170 pounds (actually 4 lbs below my pre-first-pregnancy weight). I haven't been in the 160s since college and the smallest I ever remember being is 145. My goal for this challenge is 160lbs (10 lb loss=1 lb /week).

Excited to be a happier, healthier, slightly thinner version of my already beautiful and funny self!
  • BJerzy
    Options
    Hi guys and welcome! Everyone has such great goals and motivation. I'd love it if we all stick with it! Last round we lost quite a few people in all the teams so hopefully we can finish as strong as we are starting! When Mallowbar posts our first destination, I'll let you know the minimum number of minutes to work out for during that week. I'm going to base it on the number of people that have checked in by the time the race starts (currently we have 7 out of 17 checked in). Everyone doing the minimum won't always be enough so please feel free to include more. Has anyone else started the Squat Challenge that was posted? @Ahallowed I just finished day three and ohmygosh my butt hurts more than my legs!
  • kaitkolo
    kaitkolo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Kaity, I'm 26, and I'm from Ohio. I am finishing up dental school (only 8 weeks until I'm a dentist!), and these past 4 years I have really been focused more on school and clinic than diet and exercise. One of my classmates and I started going to the gym 4-5 days a week and watching what we are January 4th of this year and I have been pleased with losing 1 lb a week (10 lbs total so far) so I hope to keep that momentum going with this challenge!

I don't have any kids like a lot of you do, but I have a fur-baby rescue-mutt who loves to come for walks with me when the weather's nice!

I can't wait to get gojng with this!!
  • 6DeDe6
    6DeDe6 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Dee I'm 27 just got back from a year abroad for work and I enjoyed it. :) But I haven't been as active and gained weight :s I'm back to gym since February and I need a lot of motivation. I lost 5 kg so far and I'm hoping to continue with this challenge.

Let's do this team 8 !!!!!!
  • 6DeDe6
    Options
    Hi guys and welcome! Everyone has such great goals and motivation. I'd love it if we all stick with it! Last round we lost quite a few people in all the teams so hopefully we can finish as strong as we are starting! When Mallowbar posts our first destination, I'll let you know the minimum number of minutes to work out for during that week. I'm going to base it on the number of people that have checked in by the time the race starts (currently we have 7 out of 17 checked in). Everyone doing the minimum won't always be enough so please feel free to include more. Has anyone else started the Squat Challenge that was posted? @Ahallowed I just finished day three and ohmygosh my butt hurts more than my legs!

Yes day 3 done :D
  • Ahollowed
    Ahollowed Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Almost forgot day 3 squats. Got it in at 10:30 pm after a few drinks. Opps
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    hey Team 8!! My name is Shelley and I live in Canada. I am 49 (dare I say that number), happily married and have 3 great kids who are 21,19 and 13. I have a very busy home daycare with kids 24/7. It helps to keep me young but by the evening, I am tired and often scatterbrained! I joined MFP a few years ago and lost 25 pounds, I have since gained most of that back and am looking to lose at least 20 pounds and tone up. Since January, I have been much more committed and haven't lost much weight but have been doing much more exercise. I am hoping this challenge will help me to be more accountable and focused on a daily basis. I will definitely still be here at the end of the challenge, no dropping out! I will be committed but often to forget to post stuff so if you need to know what I have done, a friendly reminder or a kick in the pants may be necessary from time to time. I have joined the squat challenge. We moved our treadmill into a bedroom downstairs and it is so much easier to walk/jog on it now. Cheers to everyone on our team, together we can win this!
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Finished day three yesterday! :) Looking forward to the rest day today haha
  • wahmx3
    Options
    Day 3 of squats was done, I might move on and take Sunday as my rest day as that is my normal rest day anyway, so it just seems easier to remember and follow.
  • BJerzy
    Options
    That's a great idea!
  • BJerzy
    Options
    Do you guys want to create a team name? Last session my team was the Winter Warriors...any ideas?
  • wahmx3
    Options
    Here's a few ideas....Spring shape up, Strong and Sexy, Moving to success....maybe that will inspire some better ideas.
  • 6DeDe6
    Options
    I got funny ones like "spring race lunatics" or "spring race legends" or "Spring race crushers" :smiley:
  • jodybergeon
    jodybergeon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm Jody, 49 3 kids big 50 this June I have a triathlon planned on the day of my Birthday. I am a personal trainer and nutrition coach but need accountability for myself..
    This should be great fun !
  • bex_2016
    bex_2016 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!!!!!!!!
    I'm becky, UK girl, work in the NHS and mum of 3! Started my weight loss journey end of January and am 10lb down so far (slow and steady!) I don't go to the gym but I do have my fitbit flex and keep active by plenty of walking (I have a 16 month old so always out with the pram!).
    Looking forward to getting to know everyone! X