Like Minded Lushes March 2016

Options
rjadams
rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
Happy March. The month of Irish decadence. :mrgreen: Bring on the Baileys :drinker: I hope we all achieve our goals this month whether that means moderation, zeros, or all out enjoyment.

I ended February with a bottle and a half of red. I really can't believe I drank that much wine.

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Happy March everyone!
    All quiet here with the husband gone. Dentist appointment today..I may have wine tonight.
    Saturday -0
    Sunday -0
    Monday -0
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Happy March!! I am so so behind in this group. Hope everyone is doing well!

I have 16 days until I head to Panama City Beach for my friend's bachelorette party. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I'm not a crowd loving type of person & we are going during spring break. Should be interesting to say the least! AND I get there on St. Patrick's Day...that will be epic!

Monday - 3 glasses of wine
    Tuesday - 0
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to Spring coming this month!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Family is officially gone and I can try and get my *kitten* together. I loved seeing everyone but boy can it wreck havoc on the body. I feel worst than I have in a very very long time. I MIGHT hop on the scale Friday, MIGHT, but probably won't.

Saturday we took a drive out to Hana (east side of the island). Straight shot would be about 2 1/2 hours (which is crazy considering the island is the size of chester county in PA). We made a few stops on they way. It is such a beautiful ride and the imagery is still with me. I can't wait to get out and do more hikes! That drive was just confirmation that we made the right decision!!!

Goals for this month are to exercise 6 days a week and start counting calories again......I am not going to put not drinking as a priority just yet...maybe when I start working???
  • rjadams
    Options
    Yesterday was a couple of vodka limes. Something about walking in my door when I get home just makes all my ambitions of things I am going to do disappear. I get home, do the bare minimum (dishes, dog poop etc) and then plop my butt down and chill. Not good.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    That drive is so gorgeous Kate! But our son got car sick on the way back...not fun. :s
    Too much wine last night but it did fit in my calories. Need a 0 today.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Syd, some of those turns are scary and windy, I can imagine someone getting car sick...poor kid!!!!

Monday-3 margaritas
    Tuesday-3 coconut vodkas with mango juice
    Wednesday-not sure, maybe one cocktail and some wine...we'll see how the day goes!!!!

Gonna take a walk to the post office this morning, trim some hedges and look for jobs...enjoy your day everyone!!!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    March - sheesh
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - Eric ended up going to the UL game so I drank a bottle of wine.
    Wednesday - 4 ciders (2 episodes of Grey's Anatomy) and a wine spritzer. My friend came over around 3:30 and our neighbors came over around 9 so I call that success. And we were in bed before 11.
    Tonight will probably be a 0.
  • rjadams
    Options
    2 glasses of white last night. That is definitely moderation for me. My front door is still a major drainer of ambition. It must have a force field or something around it that makes you the laziest person in the world when you walk thru it. Yeah, that's it. :noway:
    Kate we took a tour on the road to Hana so we could enjoy it because I would have freaked if we drove it and Doug wouldn't have been able to enjoy the view. I loved it. And then we stopped at a place that make pineapple wine. it was good.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Kate, we tried the drive to Hana when I was in highschool but we all got car sick and had to turn around!
    Pineapple wine sounds good, I like pineapple...
    I opened a bottle of chard someone brought for my bday, I don't usually like chard; but there's alcohol abuse and there's alcohol neglect and I can't abide either. I had drank all the beer in the fridge the night before, So picking up around the house and nearly finished the bottle...
    Sunday=2 bloody marys, a beer
    Monday=0
    Tuesday=4 beers
    Wednesday=near bottle of chard
    Thursday-will probably finish that..

• kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-2 margaritas
    Tuesday-2 coconut vodkas with mango peach juice
    Wednesday-TOO MUCH!!!! 1 margarita before I picked up Lenny from work. Then he decided happy hour at Maui Brewing Co would be a good idea, so 2 there, a beer back at the house with our pizza, then 2 more cocktails.....6 :noway:
    Thursday-I don't see myself abstaining....thinking about having one soon....well after 12, of course :wink:

Not a ton of stuff on my to do list today....I should go for a little walk on the beach.....maybe I will :bigsmile:
  • rjadams
    Options
    4 glasses of wine. Holly didn't get the dream job. She was really upset so I spent a lot of time on the phone trying to cheer her up. Everyone se works with thought she was a sure thing so that didn't help. Thank Goddess its Friday. Have a good one all.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 4
    Wednesday - 5
    Thursday - drank away my day care worries. Well tried to anyways....(very high staff turnover lately is making us look at other places). We split a bottle of wine at dinner and drank almost another whole one. I'll call it a 4.

I have to go to a republican fundraiser thing after work. I am not a republican but my company gave money on behalf of one of our developer clients or something so I was invited. It's only an hour long. The right wing must not know how to party. ;) Nothing planned after that. I'd like to have a couple glasses after that and turn in early.
  • SoCalWoman
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Sorry about the job, Robin. We never stop hurting for our kids, do we?
    :laugh: at the fundraiser/party only being an hour.
    The husband is back from Alabama. He's amazed at how much fried food there was and wants to get back to healthy eating and exercising...maybe that'll help me too. 2 weeks until bathing suit spring break.
    Happy weekend lushes!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-2
    Tuesday-2
    Wednesday-6
    Thursday-over did it again....4 cocktails and a big glass of wine.
    Trying to figure out what to do today.....take a walk to the farmers market for exercise or clean the house as my exercise??? Both??? All I know is I better make up my mind soon and get cracking!!!! :wink:

We were planning on getting our HI drivers licenses tomorrow BUT they aren't open on Saturday, so we will probably do some chores in the morning and go see Deadpool, then errands, then hopefully the beach for a bit. Sunday, more chores then Lenny has a hair cut, so we'll walk there, grab some breakfast and see where the day takes us.
    We both have job interviews with the State Monday. Lenny's is similar to what he was doing for the state in PA and mine is "eligibility worker", my assumption is I will be dealing with applications for unemployment and state benefits. We shall see!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!
    xo
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I've planned this week so badly. Decided to stay on 5/2 diet for now as it's working out for me but have ended up with a 600 calorie day on Friday. No end of the week celebratory drink, it feels so wrong :'( I think Saturday will involve beer.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Well another weekend in the books. Saturday we went out to Mamie's(My Dad's Lady) and pressure washed her back patio and deck. we will go back next weekend to do the driveway. It was a beautiful day so it was all good. It was the first time I had been out to the Camano Island house since Daddy passed so I had a few good cries but it was all good. Sunday we rearranged and moved some of the new furniture. It will take awhile to get everything just so. I didn't have anything to drink Sunday I was waiting to have one or two in the evening until I discovered that some one had finished off the vodka. Oh well. I had a small glass of Brandy and called it good.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 4
    Wednesday - 5
    Thursday - 4
    Friday - 2 wines at the party, another wine and cider at home. In bed by 11
    Saturday - started drinking cider at 2 when the UK game started which Eric went to Lexington for so I was solo mom most of Saturday. I cracked the wine a little before 6, drank that and had half a cider = 6.5
    Sunday I finished my 1/2 cider and had 3 more.

So while I drank almost everyday, I never got super drunk and was never hungover. And it was AMAZING! So I am going to stick with this plan. Drink when I feel like it but be conscious of how many drinks I am having. I also spoke with the day care director this morning and am feeling a little better about things there, so now I can't blame drinking on day care stress. :)

Have a great week lushes!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Moderated here too! Hoping for a good week. My brother is coming in town then we head to spring break...both occasions where my moderation skills can be lagging.