OT: Ladies, swimsuit recs?

Options
Hi ladies! It is sooooo good to be back, and I have enjoyed catching up on threads while I'm "down" with mild keto flu symptoms.

I wanted to ask if any of you have recommendations for a flattering one-piece swimsuit, modest but without a ton of fabric on it? I have one swimsuit that fits well enough for me to wear, but it has so much fabric on it, I feel like I'm taking half the pool water with me when I get out. KWIM?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    i'll be following for recommendations too lol

I realized that none of my suits are going to fit me properly and are likely to come right off in the water. we don't need that lol
  • emilybeaver
    emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    What sizes do you ladies wear, someone posted a good website on my mommy board in FB last night. It's for plus size though.
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    Swimsuitsforall.com is the website
  • dtobio
    dtobio Posts: 55 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have had great luck ordering from www.swimsuitsforall.com. The prices are great, they are ALWAYS having coupons and sales. Sizes are from 8-34 and they have all kinds of styles.
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    dtobio wrote: »
    I have had great luck ordering from www.swimsuitsforall.com. The prices are great, they are ALWAYS having coupons and sales. Sizes are from 8-34 and they have all kinds of styles.

Great minds think alike!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I'm going to look at the monokini styles this year. Belly doesn't look so great right in front from all the stretch marks and loose skin, but that style will cover my belly while the back and sides are not covered.
    I never liked how much water my old suits held either! I want less suit now but still have my belly covered up. :smile:
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much ladies! Size 12, I think. I'll check out Swimsuits For All. Thanks @Sunny_Bunny_ for the monokini rec! I didn't know about that style.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    In general I like Lands End swimsuits. I find bra-sized swimwear fits a lot better than anything else. I have worn one-piece swimsuits my entire life but over the past year or two I have gone the route of tankinis or a rash guard with swim bottoms and don't think I ever want a one-piece again. They're just so much easier! I have a relatively short torso but with LE I get the "long" tankini tops so there isn't a gap in coverage between top and bottom.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    i wear a two piece regardless of my size, its just more comfortable for me. the monokini is a really cute style too though
  • ShootingStar72
    ShootingStar72 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Oooh nice site swimsuitsforall.com. Thanks! Maybe I'll do something this year besides a solid black one piece, under a long-sleeve rash guard, and board shorts. I usually buy an 8 in suimsuits.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    This website is pricier but modcloth.com is another one. They have those really flattering vintage style one piece suits. The one that pulls in so it makes you waist look smaller.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I second Modcloth. You can read reviews and many users post fit pics. I think that vintage style is fantastic if your goal is to create a more hourglass silhouette.