Let's get to know each other... Introductions Please

Options
kaylamcgraw79
kaylamcgraw79 Posts: 58 Member
Hi Everyone,
My name is Kayla. I am 33. I have 4 children. I am from Pennsylvania I work for a preschool program and I am working towards my RN. I am currently off this semester but all focused to start back in August. So what not prefect timing to focus on me a little. I currently weigh 294.8! I just broke through the 300s today. Super proud and shocked.

So Tell me about you!!
What day should we do weekly weigh ins?
What's your current diet/ exercise routine?

Replies

• FhoShplunk
    FhoShplunk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Liberty, coming in at 250lbs, 27yrs, 1kid. I don't exercise besides the odd walk in nice weather. Trying to focus my diet. Right now I just eat whatever whenever, so being mindful of that is my first baby step.

I have terrrrrrible self control. I stay home with my 19m old, and basically do nothing but waste time on the Internet all day. :(
  • momo_t90
    momo_t90 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Congrats on breaking 300 lbs!!! Way to go!

My name is Morgan. You can call me Momo or Morgan, whichever you like. I'm a graduate student trying to get my master's degree in Music Performance. I play the Horn. This is my last semester in the program, so I'm super excited to finally complete it. When I first started the master's program, I got stressed out and I became very depressed to the point of thinking about suicide. I'm in a much much better place now, but on my way through recovery, I let my weight go. I stopped watching what I ate, and the abilify I was on made it so much worse. For those who don't know, abilify makes you very hungry and can easily lead to overeating and gaining weight. But it was necessary for me to take it at the time. Now I'm off of it, but I still have the weight and the bad eating habits. I'm looking to change that. :)

I figured out the calories I need to maintain my weight, which is around 2600 calories. My current diet is 1800 calories. I eat whatever I want as long as I don't go over. I'll change to a better diet gradually, but right now, what I'm doing works fine. I also like to walk on the treadmill for 1 hour at 2.5 mph, so that helps a lot.

Starting Weight: 253
    Current Weight: 250
    Goal Weight: 160

I think either weekly weigh-ins or monthly weigh-ins would be good. I'm fine with either one. I'm currently doing another challenge that is doing weekly weigh-ins, so I'm doing those either way.
  • kaylamcgraw79
    Options
    Hi Liberty, that is a pretty cool name. I too feel your pain of bored eating. That is when I slip up. waiting for my kids to get home between 3 and 4. I started riding the stationary bike and watching Netflix then so I was doing something I enjoy and didn't enjoy until the kids got home.

Hi Morgan, Man that abilify can really pack the pounds on quick. I completely understand school stress. I ended up needing to set out a semester from nursing school. I was depressed and devastated. I started my calorie level at 1800 as well but recently took it down to 1600 but have been working towards 1400 with the cushion.

I am game for whatever the majority would like as far as weigh ins. lets see what everyone is feeling after a few days.
  • radaubs
    radaubs Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Aubrey, currently a stay at home mom. I'll be returning to school to get my Masters Degree in Family and Human Development probably next year and am looking forward to that!

I let my weight get the better of me a few years ago and have been very slowly fighting back. Last year my goal was just to go to the gym and work out every day in a group exercise class. I did that and have gotten really strong because of it. I love the people I workout with and am consistently going 6 days a week now. However, last year I didn't focus at all on what I was eating. Therefore I didn't lose weight even though I was working out every day. This year I'm changing that! I started January and February off by eating smaller portions. Then last week my gym allowed you to enter a drawing for a free membership if you tracked your diet for a week. I did and was beyond shocked to realize I'm still eating about 2600 calories a day. Yikes (even though I was eating smaller portions. I'm so curious what amount I was eating last year...) So now my goal is to eat 1800 calories a day. I've been doing that for a couple days and it's been going well! I've been quite pleased and surprised I'm not hungry.

Starting Weight: 245
    Current Weight: 226
    Goal Weight: 145
  • radaubs
    Options
    Hi Liberty, that is a pretty cool name. I too feel your pain of bored eating. That is when I slip up. waiting for my kids to get home between 3 and 4. I started riding the stationary bike and watching Netflix then so I was doing something I enjoy and didn't enjoy until the kids got home.

Hi Morgan, Man that abilify can really pack the pounds on quick. I completely understand school stress. I ended up needing to set out a semester from nursing school. I was depressed and devastated. I started my calorie level at 1800 as well but recently took it down to 1600 but have been working towards 1400 with the cushion.

I am game for whatever the majority would like as far as weigh ins. lets see what everyone is feeling after a few days.

I forgot to add! I definitely prefer monthly but am game for whatever. For me it's easier to see success when it's been a few weeks. It allows me to see a bigger picture instead of the ups and downs in the weight loss journey.
  • sarahlynn78
    sarahlynn78 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hey! My name is Sarah. I'm 37 and single with no kids. I currently way 242.4 lbs and my goal weight is somewhere between 145-160.

In 2012, I lost 30 lbs and got out of the 200's for the first time in at least five years. I was feeling really good about life and decided to go start studying for the CPA exam. I also switched jobs. It was a bad decision! I was working a ton of hours, quit studying and working out, started eating a ton of take out/fast food and became depressed. At the end of September 2015, I was up to 255 lbs and decided to make a change. I knew I wasn't ready to dive head first into a completely different way of eating, so I started challenging myself to make one healthy change for 30 days. I ended up losing around 10 lbs by Thanksgiving. I gave myself free reign for the holidays and January and gained back 6 lbs. Then two weeks ago, I logged back into MFP just to search the forums to see if anyone had a review of a fitness tracker and logged my food just to get an idea of where I was with calorie intake. And I've been back logging everyday since.

I'm trying to stick around the 1600 calorie range. I'm really focusing on making sure I'm eating fruits and vegetables and lean proteins. I haven't really started exercising yet, so I need to work on that next. My goal is to do strength training 3 days a week and cardio 2-3 days. I like to weigh in on Saturday or Sundays, but any day works for me.

Kayla - congrats on ditching the 300s! And thanks for starting the group!
  • RoxyHunterRose
    RoxyHunterRose Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My name is Shannon and I currently weight 315 lbs. But not for long! My goal weight is 170. I've tried to lose weight for years, and this is the time to lose it!
  • momo_t90
    Options
    radaubs wrote: »
    I forgot to add! I definitely prefer monthly but am game for whatever. For me it's easier to see success when it's been a few weeks. It allows me to see a bigger picture instead of the ups and downs in the weight loss journey.

We could always do twice a month. One on the 15th and one on the 30th/31st. I think it's a good compromise between the other two options.
  • Langalon
    Langalon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Langdon. I'm 47, married with 3 kids, and work in advertising. I am 228 right now - just lost 12 pounds and want to continue my trend down instead of stalling and then gaining it all back plus some extra. Haven't been below 200 since the early 90s so that is my goal. I am also a person in tong-term recovery, so I am cognizant of replacing one addiction with another. I aim to "eat to live." Thanks for forming this group! As far as weigh-ins, I am up for whatever is decided. Peace!
  • angeleyes4280
    angeleyes4280 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Misty. I am from Texas. I am married with 4 kids and am a full time college student. I actually weigh less than 200 now, but am still close to 200 and haven't been under it long. I am trying to find friends to help me stay motivated and accountable.
  • kaylamcgraw79
    Options
    Welcome Misty, It sounds like we have a lot in common. Mommin and Studying is not easy. ;)

Hello Langdon, Nice to meet you! Good Job on the 12!!!

Hey Shannon! I like your excitement!

You are very welcome Sarah!! sounds like your off to a good start!

This sounds perfect! Let's weigh in on the 15th and the 30th/31st

We could always do twice a month. One on the 15th and one on the 30th/31st. I think it's a good compromise between the other two options.[/quote]

• UnkyTimFU
    UnkyTimFU Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hey... Thanks for starting a group like this and congrats. My name is Tim. I weigh 237 now and started at 282 (My weight at the start of this year was 257).

I'm the best man in a wedding at the end of October so I would actually like to reach my goal of being below 200 by then.

I started the lifestyle change in January with some family and friends (including the groom) but I'm the only one who has stuck with it. I really want to do it this time. I find this site helps a lot. There's a lot of good people here it seems.

My Plan...
    My official weigh day is Friday mornings (I can do whatever though)
    I do 16/8 Intermittent Fasting 6 days a week (Saturday is usually a day off)
    I walk a lot for my exercise. I'm trying to do the 100 mile challenge for this month... I'm already at 10/100. B)B)
    I don't eat back my exercise calories
    I eat a lot of protein and drink lots of water
    My goal is just to lose weight - I don't want to get really ripped or anything

Good Luck to everybody and I look forward to completing this journey with you all.
  • kaylamcgraw79
    Options
    Hi Tim! Good job on sticking too it! Especially when it gets hard! I guess I'm not familiar with 16/8 intermittent fasting. I may end up sounding like a moron but how long do go without grub:) I think I would be one hangry girl
  • MrsCanHolmes
    MrsCanHolmes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Greetings, I am Can. I started my journey at 315, and currently weigh 285. I need to tone up. My goal is to be healthy and fit. I'm trying not to get too caught up on numbers and just feel better. I'm not regularly exercising, but want to learn some simple 10 minutes routines I can do at home.
  • radaubs
    Options
    everbeard wrote: »
    Hey... Thanks for starting a group like this and congrats. My name is Tim. I weigh 237 now and started at 282 (My weight at the start of this year was 257).

I'm the best man in a wedding at the end of October so I would actually like to reach my goal of being below 200 by then.

I started the lifestyle change in January with some family and friends (including the groom) but I'm the only one who has stuck with it. I really want to do it this time. I find this site helps a lot. There's a lot of good people here it seems.

My Plan...
    My official weigh day is Friday mornings (I can do whatever though)
    I do 16/8 Intermittent Fasting 6 days a week (Saturday is usually a day off)
    I walk a lot for my exercise. I'm trying to do the 100 mile challenge for this month... I'm already at 10/100. B)B)
    I don't eat back my exercise calories
    I eat a lot of protein and drink lots of water
    My goal is just to lose weight - I don't want to get really ripped or anything

Good Luck to everybody and I look forward to completing this journey with you all.

Great job so far! I am also getting ready for a wedding where I'm a bridesmaid....wedding is in June. I don't know if I'll be under 200 by then but one can only hope!
  • momo_t90
    Options
    Hello everyone! It's great to read your stories! They are inspiring! Especially on a day like today where all I want to do is pig out on sweets and Taco Bell Burritos. The temptation started last night and I woke up with them. It's really frustrating. Anyways, I'm excited to do this challenge with you all and am so grateful for the support. I will do my best to return the favor!
  • UnkyTimFU
    UnkyTimFU Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Thanks and Good Luck with your June wedding radaubs. :)
    Hi Tim! Good job on sticking too it! Especially when it gets hard! I guess I'm not familiar with 16/8 intermittent fasting. I may end up sounding like a moron but how long do go without grub:) I think I would be one hangry girl

I can only eat from 12:30pm to 8:30pm everyday. I eat all my allowed calories in that time period. I go walking in the hour or so before I start eating for the day.

I was a huge fan of snacking in the middle of the night. This kinda stops me from doing that because I know I'm only allowed to eat during my eight hours. I guess it's just a mindset of sorts but it seems to be working for me.

My sis (The one person in my life that takes care of herself properly) can't skip meals. She gets dizzy and angry when she needs to eat so... it's not for everybody.

• kaylamcgraw79
    Options
    everbeard wrote: »
    Thanks and Good Luck with your June wedding radaubs. :)

I can only eat from 12:30pm to 8:30pm everyday. I eat all my allowed calories in that time period. I go walking in the hour or so before I start eating for the day.

I was a huge fan of snacking in the middle of the night. This kinda stops me from doing that because I know I'm only allowed to eat during my eight hours. I guess it's just a mindset of sorts but it seems to be working for me.

My sis (The one person in my life that takes care of herself properly) can't skip meals. She gets dizzy and angry when she needs to eat so... it's not for everybody.

That's interesting. I didn't used to eat breakfast until I started really working on it. I get what you are saying. Ive been just going to bed. lol :) Have a good day!
  • LessToLoveTexas
    LessToLoveTexas Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all, I'm Courtney from Texas. I'm 29, married with two very active boys, ages 9 and 6. I turned 29 in February and decided that "I'll lose weight later" needed to turn into "I'll lose weight now". I started working out and eating better (I don't like to call it dieting) exactly two weeks ago today. I go to my local YMCA Monday, Wednesday and Friday and then do an easier/shorter home workout on Tuesday and Thursday. Saturday and Sunday I try to get the whole family involved and play basketball, go for a walk, and just be outside moving around.

SW: 254
    CW: 245.8
    GW: 130-140

I've been weighing in on Friday, because I started on a Friday. I'm looking forward to watching everyone progress!
  • samjoy
    samjoy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    hi everyone I'm Joy and I just joined this group as well! I turn 40 in October and would LOVE to reach this goal by then. But I am a really slow loser - some due to my metabolism and condition of my muscles, some due to binge eating which spoils my efforts.

I weighed in at 234.4 today (started at 240, 40 days back) and am hoping to get to under by the end of Oct but if not by 2017 would be great!