AMAZING RACE WEEK 1 GET YOUR GOLDEN TICKTS!

Options
Melodieccurn
Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
edited March 2016 in Social Groups
This starts monday March 7 so…. Here is your first golden ticket. This week will be a get to know the team and ease into this amazing race. This will be slightly more physical but there will always be a roadblock with some modifications or a non physical type for those that have some disabilities.
So we are starting in the Big Apple New york city and traveling to the greek isles precislely the Skopelos Islands. This is the beautiful island where Yes, Mama Mia was filmed.Skopelos is a Greek island in the western Aegean Sea. Skopelos is one of several islands which comprise the Northern Sporades island group, which lies east of the Pelion peninsula on the mainland and north of the island of Euboea. This is a big distance but our teams our much bigger than last time and I think it is doable. The average team has 18-19 members and we need to go 4882 miles Which makes about this week per person is 256 minutes. I will take whatever how you meausre by your fitbit active minutes or actual exercise. Dont forget to count your squat challenges and the new arm challenge I will be posting this week..
If anyone did the challenge last session you know that I am a big fan of the dance roadblocks we have had. This one is to be fun and you might feel silly but it will count towards your time. I had to do it several times to get it down so count every minute you are rehearsing and practicing.

ROAD BLOCK 1 :10 points

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRxtNom2AZY&index=1&list=LLWHncMcfBNWqMs6QRKXnqNA

ROADBLOCK TWO

This will be a easy one and easy points for those that dont want to do the dance or want extra points. The greece are known for many foods, Lamb Meat roasted and sliced on a turning spit, typically served with sauces like tzatziki and garnishes (tomato, onions) on pita bread (a popular fast food in Greece and Cyprus). Meat pie using lamb, goat, or pork mince (or a combination thereof) with rice and a light tomato sauce wrapped in pastry kneaded with white wine. Feta and Olives and grapes and grape leaves are also very popular so you must eat five things from greece over the course of the seven days. 2 points for each day. We are all on honor system here .

Nutritional challenge (extra credit) 5 points
This is a sugarless week. So I want you to try to eliminate white sugars, white breads or white flours from your diet this week. You may sub sweetners or multigrain or whole wheat type breads or ohter whole grains.

Accountability challenge 10 pts
Easy peasy way to get points. Make sure you friended all your team and give one a word of encouragement on the status 5 days this week. You must post to your thread as well five days this week. 2 points for each day.

Replies

• jabbar44
    jabbar44 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    What's the arm challenge
  • cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Wow, lots to do this week with so many opportunities for points! I love Greek foods, especially feta cheese & olives! Should be a great week, I'll start today off with some friend requests!
  • sepoep2
    sepoep2 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Been loving this quinoa and spinach salad with kalamata olives and feta with a homemade olive oil and lemon dressing! Easy peesy I love Greek food!

Now onto some friend requests.
  • jermari284
    jermari284 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow can't wait to get started!! Day off tomorrow so I can plan!
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    jabbar44 wrote: »
    What's the arm challenge

I will post it Monday. It's with hand weights.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    For the Roadblock#2 and the Accountability Challenge, can partial points be scored, or is it all or nothing? For instance, I don't like Greek food, but I do like grapes. If I eat grapes one day, can I score two points or does it have to be the complete five for ten points?
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    For the Roadblock#2 and the Accountability Challenge, can partial points be scored, or is it all or nothing? For instance, I don't like Greek food, but I do like grapes. If I eat grapes one day, can I score two points or does it have to be the complete five for ten points?

yes absolutely. I will count spinach too. since they use that alot too.
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,942 Member
    Options
    What about dannon lite and fit Greek yogurt?? Salted caramel and chocolate covered strawberry seems a bit American but boy is it good!
  • JagZag
    JagZag Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Should we list our foods on the spreadsheet to make it easier for our leaders? What about sugarless? Sure seems like a lot of work for our brave leaders. Just trying to figure out how to make it less time consuming for them.
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    JagZag wrote: »
    Should we list our foods on the spreadsheet to make it easier for our leaders? What about sugarless? Sure seems like a lot of work for our brave leaders. Just trying to figure out how to make it less time consuming for them.
    I will post a thread on it Monday . You can post it then just edit as you go. When you tabulate your week challenge the special spreadsheet will have a section and you put your points in .
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    120maggie wrote: »
    What about dannon lite and fit Greek yogurt?? Salted caramel and chocolate covered strawberry seems a bit American but boy is it good!

I will take Greek yogurt.
  • BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    This is going to be a good week! Love the Greek challenge because it's going to be a stretch for me. I don't do olives, but I think I can work the other foods in! I wonder if my local Food Lion has lamb...
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Lunch was a cheese n meat feast so started before I even read this. I have been on a sugar free diet since October so that is a quick win for me. Yay. Now for that ridiculousness that is me dancing.
  • Dex_
    Dex_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Just to be sure, we are counting our personal daily exercises + the different challenges we accomplish from the group as part of the weekly minutes for the Amazing Race? Also, is it 285 or 256 minutes we each have to work out for this week? I'm new, I just want to make sure I have it right.
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    Dex_ wrote: »
    Just to be sure, we are counting our personal daily exercises + the different challenges we accomplish from the group as part of the weekly minutes for the Amazing Race? Also, is it 285 or 256 minutes we each have to work out for this week? I'm new, I just want to make sure I have it right.

That is a guesstiimate for your group some do more some do less. Everyone should do at least 10% of the quota. I myself get in 350-500 minutes a week where another person only 90 so it all depends. As long as your team totals add up you get the points and any extra will also be added for extra credit.
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    Lunch was a cheese n meat feast so started before I even read this. I have been on a sugar free diet since October so that is a quick win for me. Yay. Now for that ridiculousness that is me dancing.

You know how i love these dance routines.
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    jabbar44 wrote: »
    What's the arm challenge

posted for you.
  • Pmm5pla
    Pmm5pla Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Oh. I biked just over 8 hours today, Saturday. Anyone have a problem if I count it as part of Monday's race challenge? Bending the rules
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    no sorry it starts monday.
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have a question about the accountability challenge.
    it says:
    (Make sure you friended all your team and give one a word of encouragement on the status 5 days this week. You must post to your thread as well five days this week. 2 points for each day).

Do we give our encouragement on each one of our teammates page or do we post on our teams group thread?