AMAZING RACE WEEK 1 GET YOUR GOLDEN TICKTS!

Options

Replies

• Pmm5pla
    Pmm5pla Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    mallowbar wrote: »
    no sorry it starts monday.

No problem, @mallobar.
  • jodybergeon
    jodybergeon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    How fun love Momma Mia! Greek food yummos!
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hi @mallowbar , I want to ask if roadblocks are to be done by just one person or everybody on the team. I am new to this but roadblocks on the actual amazing race that I watched are usually done just by one person. I just want to make sure. Thanks.
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Everyone has to do one roadblock this challenge week. If you opt out you can make it up with the extra credit but may not rack up points when we do eliminations in a few weeks
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Everyone has to do one roadblock this challenge week. If you opt out you can make it up with the extra credit but may not rack up points when we do eliminations in a few weeks

Ok, thank you!
  • shaunie126
    shaunie126 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    YAY! I LOVE GREEK YOGURT!
    120maggie wrote: »
    What about dannon lite and fit Greek yogurt?? Salted caramel and chocolate covered strawberry seems a bit American but boy is it good!

I will take Greek yogurt.

• LoveLacy
    LoveLacy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This sounds great and the amount of mintutes for exercise sounds achievable. How and where do we record out exercise and our roadblocks and eating challenges? Sorry first time, and there is sooo much going on I've got myself a little confused.
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    LoveLacy wrote: »
    This sounds great and the amount of mintutes for exercise sounds achievable. How and where do we record out exercise and our roadblocks and eating challenges? Sorry first time, and there is sooo much going on I've got myself a little confused.

There is a spreadsheet . It's the same link as our weighin look for a tab at the bottom with your team number. You just need to add your exercise for each date and at wand of week mark y or n if you did each roadblock ect
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    @mallowbar do i need to do that routine dance and record it? i am not sure how the dance routine roadblocks work. thank you
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    You just do the dance on an honor system . No video, no pics .
  • 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    Options

HASWLRS wrote: »
    For the Roadblock#2 and the Accountability Challenge, can partial points be scored, or is it all or nothing? For instance, I don't like Greek food, but I do like grapes. If I eat grapes one day, can I score two points or does it have to be the complete five for ten points?

yes absolutely. I will count spinach too. since they use that alot too.

Since you are giving partial points should we put a y and how many days we did the road block on the spread sheet?

• farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Pmm5pla wrote: »
    Oh. I biked just over 8 hours today, Saturday.
    I have cycling envy, you must live somewhere warm?

• smiphette
    smiphette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Is it just individual foods or do Greek recipes count?
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm going to give all roadblocks a go. I love Greek food (essentially lamb and tzatziki), so I think that part should be easy.

I'm guessing practicing the dance routine does count to the miles too?
  • LoveLacy
    LoveLacy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    LoveLacy wrote: »

There is a spreadsheet . It's the same link as our weighin look for a tab at the bottom with your team number. You just need to add your exercise for each date and at wand of week mark y or n if you did each roadblock ect

Thank you - I have now found this and added my name and things. Thanks for your help. x
  • chatpati
    chatpati Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Love roadblock 1!!!
  • christabeltoria
    christabeltoria Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Ha Ha! Just tried the roadblock dance. Going to be doing this one in private for sure! :D
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Just want to check. On roadblock 2. It's 5 different foods on 5 different days or can some of the foods be repeated. For example 5 days of Greek yogurt
    I think I have 5 different foods but wanted to ask in case I needed to repeat one to complete the challenge
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    llmg970 wrote: »
    Just want to check. On roadblock 2. It's 5 different foods on 5 different days or can some of the foods be repeated. For example 5 days of Greek yogurt
    I think I have 5 different foods but wanted to ask in case I needed to repeat one to complete the challenge

Good question ... I was thinking the same thing. Someone previously asked if partial credit was given and that answer was yes for that.

I was wondering if the 5 foods had to be from the list originally suggested and then spinah and greek yogurt were added on .... or if any Greek food was acceptable ... like Spanakopeta, Moussaka, Rosemary Garlic Fish, Greek Salad, and Greek Hummus (I found a recipe for Greek Hummus but it did say that chickpees in the traditional cuisine were mostly eaten as soup instead of Hummus, which derives from Cyprus and the Middle East).
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Every time I read the title to this post "get your golden tickets".... the song "I've got a golden ticket " from Willy Wonka plays in my head :) Just had to share:)