Team 5

Options

Replies

• AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Never mind @TaraDanielle40 I got your friend request! I've got Dawn, Tara and Shauna on a challenge set to start Monday. Anyone else please send me a friend request on Fitbit and I'll get you added :smiley:
  • jforshizzle
    jforshizzle Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am Jessica and I'm from western PA. I had lost some weight for my wedding last year and gained a good bit since then. I'm short and struggle with not being able to eat as much as my 6'2" husband :s . I'm looking forward to being in this challenge!
  • kateallison412
    kateallison412 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Kate and I am 31 from Pittsburgh. I am currently involved in a weight loss challenge at my work, and thought this kind of challenge would help motivate me further. :smile:

I love working out and eating healthy, but love vegging out and eating junk food just as much. I'm ready to get in shape and fit in my old jeans again!
  • change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Count down!!! to the start of the challenges Can't wait feeling very excited :)
    Struggling to lose weight in my middle area (after 4 children) any suggestions?
    Hope everyone is having a fab weekend <3
  • jk286607
    jk286607 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Never mind @TaraDanielle40 I got your friend request! I've got Dawn, Tara and Shauna on a challenge set to start Monday. Anyone else please send me a friend request on Fitbit and I'll get you added :smiley:

I just sent you a request!
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    Excited for our start tomorrow guys! Let's win this thing :D
  • aston2045
    aston2045 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good morning team! So ready to kick off tomorrow! I'm trying to get everyone added as a friend, that part isn't very user friendly :D And I think I will go check out fitbits today too. Does riding quads count as exercise? Haha
  • celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I have a crazy work week coming up, so I'm trying to get myself organized. I cooked up some food yesterday I'm headed out to the grocery store now, and will do some more this evening.

If I understand things correctly:
    • I'm aiming for 300 minutes of exercise so that I am pulling my share for the mileage.
    • I'm doing the arm challenge everyday for 10 points.
    • I'm attempting to eat something greek 5 times this week for an extra 2 points each. (Since yogurt appears to count, I think I'll be good.)
    • I'm to friend all of my team mates for 10 points.
    • Not sure you are going to get me to dance.
    I think I have sent a friend request to everyone who has posted in this thread. There seem to be half a dozen or so who haven't shown up yet. I'll get them when I see them.

I vaguely remember something about posting or commenting a certain number of times per week. Is that here, or commenting/liking friend's posts in my home feed?

Anything else?
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    Well, this first week is certainly a complex one. We've got 17 people so far that have agknkwledged being on our team, so everyone needs to get 288 exercise minutes. I'm sure there will be some people with more and some people with less, but each person needs to get at least 10% of the total.
    I'm not big on Greek food, except for gyros which aren't exactly good for the diet haha, but she said spinach and grapes will count and those I can definitely eat each day.
    I think commenting on people's status is what she meant, and you also have to check into this thread everyday to get those extra points.
    Good luck everyone!
  • sstone06
    sstone06 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So ready for tomorrow. This weekend has been horrrrrrrible. Just an insane binge-session after 3 weeks healthy eating :'(. Looking forward to getting to know you guys!!
  • jk286607
    Options
    sstone06 wrote: »
    So ready for tomorrow. This weekend has been horrrrrrrible. Just an insane binge-session after 3 weeks healthy eating :'(. Looking forward to getting to know you guys!!
    I hear you! That was me last week! I was SO good all week then Sunday night I was home alone (I live with my boyfriend) and I am too ashamed to admit what I ate but I'm sure it un-did my whole week! I am so used to having a set-back like that and then just giving up but I am trying to tell myself this time around that one setback doesn't mean I can't start again tomorrow and get back on track
  • Utah89
    Utah89 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the late check-in. I just got back from a ski weekend with my family. It was especially great because my oldest son is a freshman in college and away for the first time was able to join us. Needless to say I am taking the separation harder than he is. So I really appreciate when all four of us are together. I have another son, 16, and a great husband and 2 crazy dogs- my house is full and a little stinky (boys) and wild (dogs and boys):)

I am looking forward to the challenge and to the support of the team. I had an unexpectedly complicated surgery in July that took me a long time to recover from. Good news- I am healthy and don't have ovarian cancer, bad news- I gained 25 pounds and lost a ton of fitness while I was recuperating. I have successfully shifted the first ten and gained back a lot of my strength and workout habit. I am working on the next 15. My surgery put me into early menopause so my metabolism is crazy so I am trying to focus on wellness and happiness instead of the number on the scale.

I am looking forward to this Amazing Race!!
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    celtikgirl wrote: »
    I have a crazy work week coming up, so I'm trying to get myself organized. I cooked up some food yesterday I'm headed out to the grocery store now, and will do some more this evening.

If I understand things correctly:
    • I'm aiming for 300 minutes of exercise so that I am pulling my share for the mileage.
    • I'm doing the arm challenge everyday for 10 points.
    • I'm attempting to eat something greek 5 times this week for an extra 2 points each. (Since yogurt appears to count, I think I'll be good.)
    • I'm to friend all of my team mates for 10 points.
    • Not sure you are going to get me to dance.
    I think I have sent a friend request to everyone who has posted in this thread. There seem to be half a dozen or so who haven't shown up yet. I'll get them when I see them.

I vaguely remember something about posting or commenting a certain number of times per week. Is that here, or commenting/liking friend's posts in my home feed?

Anything else?

Thanks for breaking that down. It looked so confusing. Charging my fitbit now and I'm ready.
  • Bons92
    Bons92 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    OK best team ever
    Tomorrow: I will do 45 min at the gymBody Pump plus day one arm challenge and Mamamia dance.
    - no white bread
    - No sweet
    - Will start yummy Greek food
    - Did I miss anything? We will win this race together
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    The only thing I'm confused about ID the status thing. Do we post in the group thread?
  • jk286607
    Options
    Good Luck on day 1 everyone! Here we go!!
  • jforshizzle
    jforshizzle Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I am a little confused on the rules. I have a few questions, hopefully I'm not being a pain :)
    Do we post on this thread everyday?
    If so, are we supposed to say how many minutes we logged and what we ate for the nutritional challenge?
    Do we post our minutes logged on the spreadsheet everyday?
    Do we have Mon-Sun to get our minutes in?
  • aston2045
    Options
    Good morning! Jforshizzle, I'm a little confused too. I just figured I'd follow someone else's lead. Glad you asked!
  • aston2045
    Options
    I've added everyone onto my friends list but couldn't get s friend request out to ginellsmom. Has anyone else been able to add her?
  • change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Let the challenges begin :D
    As everyone seen the spreadsheets? Please remember to add your names. Any problems inform our team Leader X

Happy Monday Team :)