Team 8 - Amazing Race

Options

Replies

• BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Hey Mira! Okay guys here we go tomorrow. With Mira checking in, we are at 287 minutes per person. I'm still going to shoot for that 305. We can do this!
  • kaitkolo
    kaitkolo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This might be a silly question, but do we count any exercise toward our minutes or only cardio?
  • BJerzy
    Options
    You can count anything! Some people count minutes from their Fitbit daily walking stats, some people clean house really intensely and count those minutes, and I definitely count lifting as part of my minutes!
  • kaitkolo
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Ok great! I just didn't want to count weights or things like that if it was "cheating!" I somehow lost my Fitbit so I can't use that :p
  • bex_2016
    bex_2016 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to this! Just to confirm, we have a week to do this is that correct? And what day is officially weigh in day? Sorry, I'm new to all these challenges! X
  • sepoep2
    sepoep2 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Today is the day Team 8! We can do this! Seriously just think for a moment how much a person can change their body in 10 weeks with dedication to a good diet and decent exercise. We have all seen the amazing transformations. That can be each one of us. Our bodies are one of the only things we have the power to transform in just 10 short weeks. We can't say that about a lot of other aspects of life. Let's control what is ours and be healthier & happier people come May 10th!

And go!
  • bex_2016
    bex_2016 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    sepoep2 wrote: »
    Today is the day Team 8! We can do this! Seriously just think for a moment how much a person can change their body in 10 weeks with dedication to a good diet and decent exercise. We have all seen the amazing transformations. That can be each one of us. Our bodies are one of the only things we have the power to transform in just 10 short weeks. We can't say that about a lot of other aspects of life. Let's control what is ours and be healthier & happier people come May 10th!

And go!

Brilliant words and so true! I'm raring to go - let's do this!!! X
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I like what you said, @sepoep2! Thanks for that this morning, it's definitely something I will take with me during the race the next 10 weeks. :) Good luck today, team 8! OPA!
  • BJerzy
    Options
    @sepoep2 amazing words of encouragement! We've got this :)

@bex_2016 yes we count all exercise from today through Sunday. Weigh in is by Monday but you can weigh in earlier if you want.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    sepoep2 wrote: »

And go!

I love this! So true, together we can do this. Lets stay active as a group, do what we need to do and support each other.
  • jermari284
    jermari284 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good morning ! Starting the day off very well! Workout later we got this team 8 :D
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    They pushed me hard at PT this morning... I'm not entirely sure how to log everything on MFP itself, but should I count the time that they had me working out this morning on the spreadsheet?
  • BJerzy
    Options
    @303lissy it's up to you if you want to record it. I think you should, but if you don't consider it a workout then you don't have to log it.
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    As my post said in the beginning - finding time to do me is what I have to figure out. Had today all mapped out and BAM... Sick kiddo means total disruption of plan. I'm not going to let it get me down, will get a workout in when he is napping (among the laundry toss which crept up all weekend!) I know we can rock this!
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    They got me sweating for a bit. I'm counting 30 minutes of PT as a work out and 10 minutes for the squat challenge today.
  • 6DeDe6
    6DeDe6 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Good luck Shawnee! And I hope ur kid gets better
  • AnnmarieSimmons
    AnnmarieSimmons Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Good luck Team 8, unfortunately I cant do any exercise today. On Monday's I work 9am - 5pm in the office and then I'm on call from 5pm to 10.30pm :'( Ill will be getting on the treadmill tomorrow after work, I have managed to start the arm challenge and I've had some Greek yogurt today, more points for the team :)
  • kaitkolo
    Options
    I like what @sepoep2 said! That's incredibly encouraging when this journey is not always the easiest!

One of my friends found a quote on how the process happens little by little that I really like: after 2 weeks you feel it, after 4 weeks you see it, and after 8 weeks you hear it from others. We can do it!!
  • 6DeDe6
    6DeDe6 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I did the day 7 squat and day 1 arm challenge and I had a Mediterranean salad which had olives and feta. Thanks for the encouragement!!!!!
    We can do this Team 8
  • jodybergeon
    jodybergeon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Arm challenge day 1