Colon Cleanse

Options
sing2
sing2 Posts: 6 Member
Took away the bloating but most awesomely the inflammation in my knees from arthritis. My daughter had me drink this 12 cups/day 8oz & stay hydrated with water for 2 days. I feel awesome!
Cayenne Pepper (a pinch)
Honey

Replies

• sing2
    sing2 Posts: 6 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Green tea
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Um, no.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Were you prepping for a colonoscopy or colon resectioning? Because I've been there on both counts and man that is no fun. My poor chafed bum from all the wiping. The surgery one was FIVE days of not being able to eat any food between the prep, surgery, and recovery before being transitioned to a liquid diet. Why anyone would do that for giggles is beyond me, because hospital food tasted GOOD when I was transitioned to solids. :noway: And I'm due again for my 5 year colonoscopy any day. You know, because having colon cancer would be bad and I've been graced with an increased risk of it.

Also ...

386eb59c33dc4380061a24566fbce290d7ba.jpg
  • KayV85
    KayV85 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Does this actually work? Can you eat solid food as well or can you only have juice? I suffer with terrible constipation and have done for many years. I've tried various different things but nothing seems to work not even prescribed meds.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    KayV85 wrote: »
    Does this actually work? Can you eat solid food as well or can you only have juice? I suffer with terrible constipation and have done for many years. I've tried various different things but nothing seems to work not even prescribed meds.

If it didn't work 8 months ago, it won't work now. Irritating your bowel lining in order to produce bowel movements is NOT a good idea.

You need to get your doctor to refer you to a Gastroenterologist if this is such a concern for you. Trying dumb *kitten* off the internet is never a good idea.

Please consult your physician with your chronic constipation issues. :)
  • Lorri229
    Lorri229 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    KayV85 wrote: »

I can tell you that Aloe Vera juice is amazing for moving the bowel, and has no side effects other than gas the first day or two. I drink a natural colon cleanser/mover daily and it works.
    Take 4-6 oz orange juice with extra pulp
    add 4-6 oz water (depending on your taste preference)
    1 tablespoon Aloe Vera Juice
    1 tablespoon ground Flax seed

it does not give you diarrhea, but makes your stool soft enough for you to go. I am a nurse and was given this recipe by a doctor I work for, and it WORKS!!! You can buy a gallon of Organic Aloe Vera at Kmart or WalMart for less than $11. Good Luck