When everyone else eats pizza, I ...

Options
lukos05
lukos05 Posts: 39 Member
edited March 2016 in Social Groups
It happened: your group of friends all decided that dinner is going to be pizza, either delivered or at a restaurant.

A. It isn't your home with your standard deviations or substitutions. And, man, oh, man, does it smell amazing. What's your go-to? Wings and a salad? Grab a couple slices but just eat the toppings? Compromise with a gluten-free crust, if they are so accommodating? Ask for a water and nibble your nuts or pork rinds from your purse?

B. The meet-up is at your place and you have time to whip something up that is pizza-like. What recipe do you toss in your oven? (and do you share? ;-)

Replies

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    A: I go with wings and a salad.
    B: Fathead pizza. :)
  • lukos05
    lukos05 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Happened on a girls' night at Mellow Mushroom. When the location was decided, I hastily typed 'Mellow Mushroom menu' into my phone. While I could have gone the salad routine, I saw that they do carry gluten-free pizza. On a hunch, I compared the carbs of one of those and a regular hand-tossed. 16 grams of carbs vs 41(!per slice!). Gave it a shot, and had a slice of that with a salad. Didn't feel too guilty.

At work, the managers give our unit pizza parties every so often at random. Definitely guilty of de-topping a slice or two, then.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I will eat toppings! Yum!
  • erinseattle
    erinseattle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    A. Salad
    B. Salad

This happens all the time and I'm short and at goal so I pay careful attention to my intake. Toppings wouldn't be enough to satisfy me and I have to love what I eat.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Or Opt for the Hoagie and don't eat the bread. Steak and cheese, chicken and cheese, avocado... avoid meats with "marinade" and meatballs.

• ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    This is the only pizza dish I need!! Must follow directions.. Add what ever toppings u like. http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2015/01/low-carb-pepperoni-pizza-chicken-bake.html?m=1
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »

This. Or just the wings part, depending in part on the venue (Pizza Hut doesn't do salads, for example). The wings have the added bonus of looking indulgent while still being pretty well compliant. :)
  • emilybeaver
    emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I will be having this issue tomorrow as I'm going on a work trip and we are going to a pizza joint. I looked at the menu and there is some pretty yummy pizza options. I plan on just eating the toppings and getting a salad.
  • tigakai
    tigakai Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Peel off the toppings and eat that pizza too!
  • heyjude2014j
    heyjude2014j Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Peel off the toppings! Wings!
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Salad w/ bleu cheese dressing. I can't do pizza sauce, the sugar kills me, so I tend not to eat toppings, but I might pick off a piece of sausage if it's sitting on top. And if I had committed to making pizza for others, I would just make them a pizza and make something else entirely for myself, probably just a salad and an antipasto plate though as I'd be over cooking by the time I made homemade pizza. The fathead pizza looks really good, but I'd eat too much of it and the overall food volume would push my blood sugar up too high.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Toppings and salad! Yum. Wings sound good too.

At home I make a skillet pizza.
  • Rossergirl
    Rossergirl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    A: wings/salad or detop the pizza - depending on my mood
    B: portabella mushroom pizza - YUMMY!
  • no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    This is the only pizza dish I need!! Must follow directions.. Add what ever toppings u like. http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2015/01/low-carb-pepperoni-pizza-chicken-bake.html?m=1

I've been looking all over the place for this recipe. THANK YOU!! I found it once and made it and it was the best thing I've ever eaten. BUT, I forgot to save it and couldn't find it. It's now Pinned to my pinterest KETO board. Thanks!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »
    anglyn1 wrote: »

This. Or just the wings part, depending in part on the venue (Pizza Hut doesn't do salads, for example). The wings have the added bonus of looking indulgent while still being pretty well compliant. :)

Pizza hut doesn't do salad? Wow. Back in the day they had fancy salad bars. (But then, back then they were dine in pizza huts. Do those even exist anymore?)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    For me it depends: they they have a whole wheat pizza, I'll have a slice. If they don't: wings and a salad.
  • blacktie347
    blacktie347 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    A - I can't go, I have "X" (substitute in whatever for "X" - I will find a credible but solid reason not to go...I don't do as well when I'm watching others eat tempting foods).

B - They eat out and join me at my home when they're done, and I'll eat my usual food.

Problem solved.
  • blacktie347
    blacktie347 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm still in the weight-loss phase, though. I plan to binge with friends/family on occasion when I'm at maintenance, however, and then just lose with this WOE until I'm back at my goal weight again.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    I will eat toppings! Yum!

Me too!
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Salad and the toppings - FTW!