TEAM 3! Ready To Rock!!

Options

Replies

• Pmm5pla
    Pmm5pla Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Midleton 205k. Nailed it! One tough day in the saddle. 8h 11 mins. Some wine will help later tonight.
    https://ridewithgps.com/trips/8045930
  • JagZag
    JagZag Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Pmm5pla wrote: »
    Midleton 205k. Nailed it! One tough day in the saddle. 8h 11 mins. Some wine will help later tonight.

Looks like a fun ride. Hills and coast. I love the names of the towns you rode through. I wouldn't be able to sit down for a week and would need lots of wine tonight!!!
  • Pmm5pla
    Options
    JagZag wrote: »
    Pmm5pla wrote: »

Looks like a fun ride. Hills and coast. I love the names of the towns you rode through. I wouldn't be able to sit down for a week and would need lots of wine tonight!!!

Thanks ZagLag. You're right, recovery may take a little while.
  • lynnjano
    lynnjano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I'm Lynn, 56yo, mother of two great kids 26 and 27, a nurse and married for 36 years. I was not raised in a healthy way so I'm fighting genes, habits and the middle aged battle...it gets tougher each year. I'm very into nutrition and staying healthy. I completed my first 5k this past December with a shoulder injury and hit my goal of not walking at all and finished with 14" miles. This is my first challenge...some of you appear to be extreme athletes, so I will try my best to contribute to our team, hoping not to disappoint teammates. Seems like we have a pretty "friendly" team...good luck to everyone.
  • Pmm5pla
    Options
    lynnjano wrote: »
    Hello all. I'm Lynn, 56yo, mother of two great kids 26 and 27, a nurse and married for 36 years. I was not raised in a healthy way so I'm fighting genes, habits and the middle aged battle...it gets tougher each year. I'm very into nutrition and staying healthy. I completed my first 5k this past December with a shoulder injury and hit my goal of not walking at all and finished with 14" miles. This is my first challenge...some of you appear to be extreme athletes, so I will try my best to contribute to our team, hoping not to disappoint teammates. Seems like we have a pretty "friendly" team...good luck to everyone.

Hi ya, Lynn. Congrats on your 5k success! #onwardsfromthere
  • JagZag
    Options

Hi Lynn, glad to have you aboard.
  • 2portera
    2portera Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! Excited about the challenge....and even more excited to shed some lbs
  • JagZag
    Options
    Hi all, if you want to figure the calories burned doing squats, here's the formula. Wt. X .096= ? X minutes=calories burned.
  • lynnjano
    lynnjano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    ? What happens with the dance road block? Do we learn the routine and then record it? To log challenges, i.e. Squat, Arm, Greek food, do we report in our team thread? minutes exercised....do we need to report this or does someone look at MFP exercise routine? Tx
  • JagZag
    Options
    ? What happens with the dance road block? Do we learn the routine and then record it? To log challenges, i.e. Squat, Arm, Greek food, do we report in our team thread? minutes exercised....do we need to report this or does someone look at MFP exercise routine? Tx

@Headrain maybe you could log on first to show everyone how to make the entries in the spreadsheet? That way if the first person logs it wrong everyone won't follow suit and get it wrong as well? Just a thought. I know some of the stuff but not all.

Lynn, you log the squat challenge on the squat thread. Just say yes or no to the dance on the spreadsheet. Log the pts. everyday for food, etc.. you can edit the # as you do things. Your miles are logged everyday on the spreadsheet and total at the end of the week. At least, that's how I understood it to be done. Hope this helps some.
  • cherrybomb333
    cherrybomb333 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hey team and @mallowbar. I'm really sorry, but I've had some family issues come up and I will be unable to participate in the challenge. I may have to be out of town and off my routine for long stretches of time, and I really don't want to let my team down.

Good luck to everyone and I'm sorry I'm missing out!
  • JagZag
    Options
    Sorry you are having family issues, hope everything turns out ok. Maybe you can join the next challenge. Keep up with what's going on if you can. We could still use a cheerleader if you can't participate.
  • cherrybomb333
    cherrybomb333 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    @JagZag Definitely will, on both counts. The challenge looks awesome, and I'll definitely try to follow along with some of the mini challenges along the way.
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Wow there sure is a ton of stuff to do for the challenge this week! Quick question... for mileage, is it only the miles that is active exercise (like my runs/cycling classes?) or do I count my daily steps? I take several walk breaks at work usually.

And where do we keep track of any bonus points like the arm challenge?
  • chatpati
    chatpati Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Did Roadblock 1. Well I love to dance!!!! I really needed the sugarless/sugarfree challenge! Replaced normal sugar with Splenda today at work.
    As for mileage, I usually try to count active exercise. I do walk breaks at work too. I usually try it at the top of every hour(unless I get pulled in the meetings). I have a defined route that I do each time!
    So much happening in this challenge at the same time, will take some time to get used to tracking all !
  • Pmm5pla
    Options
    chatpati wrote: »
    Did Roadblock 1. Well I love to dance!!!! I really needed the sugarless/sugarfree challenge! Replaced normal sugar with Splenda today at work.
    As for mileage, I usually try to count active exercise. I do walk breaks at work too. I usually try it at the top of every hour(unless I get pulled in the meetings). I have a defined route that I do each time!
    So much happening in this challenge at the same time, will take some time to get used to tracking all !

Tracking all the logging may even burn a few calories!

Wishing you well on this challenge. You're off to a great start.
  • JagZag
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Wow, what a day. So far I have done the arm challenge, the dumbbell challenge, got around 111 miles racked up, making a salad with kalamata olives and greek peppers, no sugar (that's easy, I don't do sugar anyway), my usual 30 minutes on the treadmill inclined and 34 minutes on the stat bike. Now on to squats!!!!!!! I sure hope someone knows where to log all this stuff, I'm confused!!!
  • dittybugdesigns
    dittybugdesigns Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a day. So far I have done the arm challenge, the dumbbell challenge, got around 111 miles racked up, making a salad with kalamata olives and greek peppers, no sugar (that's easy, I don't do sugar anyway), my usual 30 minutes on the treadmill inclined and 34 minutes on the stat bike. Now on to squats!!!!!!! I sure hope someone knows where to log all this stuff, I'm confused!!!

I had to create an excel spreadsheet in order to track everything we're doing.... otherwise I'd be completely lost! Every time I think I have everything in the spreadsheet I think of something else to add. But that just be my OCD ;)
  • JagZag
    Options

I had to create an excel spreadsheet in order to track everything we're doing.... otherwise I'd be completely lost! Every time I think I have everything in the spreadsheet I think of something else to add. But that just be my OCD ;)

That's a really good idea. Make a personal spreadsheet, lol.
  • dittybugdesigns
    dittybugdesigns Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    And this way I'll be forced to keep myself accountable. I make excuses for skipping something for myself but if it means not coming thru for a team I'm less likely to skip the task at hand! I am terrible about tracking the amount of weight I do with each exercise so this will help with that as well.