Team 4

Options

Replies

• violet0ann
    violet0ann Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I think i'm going to do the Arms dumbbell challenge this week and try to do the dance and include some Greek food in my diet as long as my macros/calories allow it. I'm also carrying on with my normal 2 30 mins walk/run following the NHS couch to 5k. here is the link if anyone is interested it gets you from not being able to run at all to running a 5k http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k.aspx

Here are few recipes I found for Greek food, maybe edit them slightly to use wholemeal rice/flour and less sugar:
  • summ72
    summ72 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Question? When it comes to the dance roadblock do you just count the minutes you worked on it anytime during the week? Or is it just a one time thing?
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Hi, Melanie. Any time this week you are exercising, you can add up the minutes. So, if you practice the dance 5 minutes today, you would add 5 minutes to your total exercise minutes for today. If you do the dance straight through tomorrow, performing, of course, for your family (haha!) and it takes you 2 minutes, then you would add two minutes to your total exercise minutes for tomorrow. You can do the dance every day this week, if you want. You will only score 10 points for the Dance Roadblock option once. Hope this helps.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Thanks for all the great recipe ideas, Jenny. You'll have to let us know which ones you try.
  • summ72
    Options
    Thanks Lisa.
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! how was your first day of challenge doing? i hope you are all enjoying it!

I did 90 minutes of zumba and 2 miles run today, i had greek chicken kebobs and rice pilaf for lunch and done with squats as well. i haven't done the dance and the arms challenge but ill probably do it tomorrow.

i've been running errands as soon as i got home from work this morning, about to hit the sack. ya'll have a great day!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    FYI, the arm challenge is worth ten points if you do the whole first week.
  • violet0ann
    violet0ann Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi, I did 2 30 mins run/walk today and 10 mins doing the dumbbell arms challenge.
    I tried to make the Greek tomato soup today, but didn't have any leeks so had to substitute some kale and spinach, it ended up very nice. sort of like a Greek lamb dish I've had before without the lamb.
    what i used and calories:
    gzjwys1kw7am.jpg

1 Tin of Chopped Tomatoes (400 g),
    Dried Mint pinch
    Grated Carrots 50 g
    Vegetable Oil 1 Tbsp
    Salt pinch
    Pepper pinch
    Salad Tomatoes 160 g ( roasted before going in soup)
    Sugar 0.5
    Plain Flour 10 g
    Spinach 100 g
    Sliced Curly Kale 100 g
    346 calories, 36 g carbs, Fat 17 g, Protein 13 g , sugar 23 g Fiber 12 g
  • shaunie126
    shaunie126 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ok the first day is going great. I just did the dance challenge road block #1 and I had some Greek yogurt :) I walked for 30mins and I am going to ride the bike for an hour .... Do riding the bike count? And do I just post the minutes? Hmmm ..oh and I'm going to start the arm challenge ...I don't have dumbbells but I have cans or water bottles... I wonder if that will work?
  • NicoleMallette
    NicoleMallette Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Wildflowers !! I'm just getting the hang of all of this. I completed the arm challenges for today and started over the squat challenge. I did the dance Momma Mia lol. I walked 40 min today. Eat well. Its been a great day. I have a feeling this is going to be a great couple of months .
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Shaunie, yes any kind of weighted objects will do. Exercise can be walking, running, biking, swimming, weight lifting, yoga, any sort of team sport....the list is endless. As long as you are moving your body or strengthening your muscles. Just add up the minutes you are exercising for a total for the day and enter it on the spreadsheet. Nice job on day one, BTW!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Your soup looks awesome, Jenny, and healthy too! Nice job on day one!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I agree, Nicole; It should be a great couple of months! Now I need to get off the computer and go for my walk!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Okay. Just came back from a 40 minute walk. Did the dumbbell challenge and the squat challenge for an extra 13 minutes!
  • shaunie126
    Options
    Thank You @HASWLRS :) and in waving Hi to @ruffalicious
  • shaunie126
    Options
    shaunie126 wrote: »
    Thank You @HASWLRS :) and in waving Hi to @ruffalicious

I agree This is going to be a great couple of months @NicoleMallette
  • summ72
    Options
    Ok....I posted my 60 minutes of jogging and walking I did today. I ate really well today which is a big thing for me....exercise I am normally pretty good at but the eating is a real struggle but I am glad to have all of you as my support and motivation.....LET'S Go Wildflowers!!!!!! Keep up the good work everyone. :) Thanks Lisa for everything you have done so far as a leader.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    It's my pleasure, Melanie! I work VERY part time, and both of my boys are away at school so I have the spare time. It is @mallowbar who is doing all the work, I just am helping her out! Nice to see your face! I was probably 5 months before I had a profile picture. I had to have my husband help me out because I have no clue!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Remember that tomorrow (Tuesday, March 8th) is weigh-in day. Enter your weight on the spreadsheet and any exercise minutes you did today.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Last time tonight, I promise. Make sure you check out Week 2 Newsletter under Announcements. @mallowbar explains some things a little bit. As far as the nutrition thread and accountability thread, they are optional if you want to keep track that way. You can just post on the team thread or the spreadsheet otherwise.