New to group. Looking for friends.

Options
2»

Replies

• crispaholicshaz
    crispaholicshaz Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    CMYKRGB wrote: »
    Hi, have been using MFP for several months, just noticed there are groups! Looking for friends, so please add me if you'd like.

When I was 46, I had a thyroid issue, and now take levothyroxine. I gained a lot of weight (about 60 lbs) as the doctor figured out what was going on.

I started my weightloss journey in July by eating healthier, but that got me nowhere. I dropped about 12 lbs but felt like crap. Was then diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, though I didn't think that was the problem.

Long story short, my dr suggested low carb in late September, and I jumped right in. My life has turned around. No more pain from fibromyalgia, and I'm losing weight left and right. Overall, I've dropped over 30 lbs, and find the lifestyle change is pretty easy. I love meat, and while I miss breads and pastries and such, I have good self control.

I still have about 30 lbs to go. For exercise I ride my horse, and try to do so at least 4X a week. Any other equestrians here, would love to get some calorie burning info to compare to what I have.

Fantastic that your feeling better & getting fitter.. add me if u like.. i wanna loose about 25lbs more...
  • Shalynlink
    Shalynlink Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you! Excellent weight loss and props on the horseback riding - riders are so strong with legs of steel!
  • Demed70
    Demed70 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi All, 45 from PA, near Philly. I'm working on losing about 25 lbs. I'm very active, cycling, HIIT and starting Crossfit. I'm looking forward to getting to know others in this group.

-Rich
  • M_ishy
    M_ishy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new to 40, and making new friends would be great.
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hi, still looking for friends ? Feel free to add me. I am of the belief, the more the support the better the success

45 is quickly coming and I have 40+ lbs to get rid of
  • virgogardener
    virgogardener Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm going to be 44 and I've lost 30 pounds and still have 20 to go. I love to hike, walk my dog, cycle and do almost anything that will burn calories...and yes, it includes cleaning
  • cincisk8r
    cincisk8r Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I love new friends <3 Please add me :) XOXOXO
  • marie59847
    marie59847 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am looking for friends too. I'm on a lower carb and so far have lost 12 lbs. I've been on this for 2 months now :smile: Anyone feel free to add me. I love having a support system and being able to support others
  • Dids1975
    Dids1975 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just started my fitness pal , turned 40 Oct last yr and joined local gym started doing 2 classes a week, has now progressed to doing 5mornings! Previous did 5:2 before starting exercise but now struggling with low cal days as definitely need more cals and then feel I pig out over compensating. Deciding need to focus more on daily good eating and going to try and log a bit more seriously now to track macros... getting confused and having a Costco pizza for lunch maybe wasn't best day to start!
  • cincisk8r
    cincisk8r Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Add me :)<3 XOXO
  • spankmonkeycfc
    spankmonkeycfc Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm mid-forties and loving life, please add away. Also on garmin 'mo_magic'
  • Stephrz
    Stephrz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Stephani, I'll be 43 next month and from Southern California. I've had a MFP account for years but never really used it much. After spending $$$ on personal online trainers I've decided that I need to do it myself, for myself...with a little support from friends. :)

I've tried different meal plans and currently I'm trying the IIFYM eating plan to see how I like it. I don't believe any diet plan is better than the others. It's all about how it fits your lifestyle and how it makes you feel.

Feel free to send me a friend request - stephrz :)
  • Playball549
    Playball549 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Looking for friends in this group. I have been a long time MFP player but just got rid of all my friends, got a new account and starting over. I am looking for friends who are serious about fitness but like to joke and have a good time on MFP while trying to stay healthy. Feel free to add me if you are like minded. I am on here multiple times a day and very supportive of my friends.