Teenage daughter NSV

Options
Laurie1267
Laurie1267 Posts: 169 Member
Hi all:

My teenage daughter was watching TV and glanced over her shoulder to say "hi mom" as usual and turned her head back to the TV. Then she did a quick "double take" and looked at me again and said, "Wow, mom, you look really good! But I didn't mean that you didn't look good before, but I really see a difference."

Take that scale! I will no longer rule my success by the darn scale.

My very first NSV and it was a teenager that blessed me with it! Must be doing something right!

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    What a sweetheart!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Awwww and YAY!
  • vcorbin01
    vcorbin01 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    That is truely the best compliment you can get right there :) Congrats on your NSV and you should be proud!
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Awwww! Love that!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I have a teenage daughter that is very supportive. She is trying to get fit as well. This made me teary-eyed. Thanks for sharing it.
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    congrats! That is huge!
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    That is sooo great!! I cant wait untill people start noticing my changes it feels awesome when someone tells you that!! Congrats keep up your hard work and yes please dont listen to the scale its evil lol just work hard eat right and the scale will move in time :-) :drinker: to you!!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • FloridasFinest
    Options
    Aw! What a great compliment! My mom recently started Weight Watchers and I try to be very supportive of her! Gotta love the bond between a mom & her daughter!
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    congrats! Those compliments are the best .
  • darias_mommy
    darias_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    That's a great story- kids don't lie!

Mmy own daughter told me while watching the women's beach volleyball in the olympics,"You know mom. You don't see it, but you have the same body as those women." i was floored, flattered and unable to accept it.

Thank goodness for our kids!
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS!!!! Awesome NSV :)
  • skinnygurl02
    skinnygurl02 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Don't you just love your kids?? Mine went off to camp for a week. When I went to pick them up, my son ran up to hug me and said, "Wow Mom, I can fit my arms around you!" Made me feel so good...
  • rsellersCST
    rsellersCST Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Kids are brutally honest with criticism as well as compliments and boy does it feel good when they speak up in a positive way because you know they really mean it!! WOOT! Awesome!!!
  • xxpipsxx
    xxpipsxx Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    AWW I think thats the best NSV I have heard, must have felt really good, well done you :)
  • tequillarose04
    tequillarose04 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    awwww CONGRATS!!! that gave me goosebumps :)
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    That is great!!! Especially since she sees you every day!
  • gracia124
    gracia124 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    A double take - that's awesome. Keep up the fantastic work!
  • MomTo5Wow
    Options
    A compliment from a teenager is hard to come by.... that is the best reward right there.

My 7 yr old is alway squeezing my fat pouch, I can not wait for the day that it's too small for him to grab.
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    awww, love it! thanks for sharing
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!