Hi!! I'm new

Options
Hello everyone. My name is Lisa, I'm 5'6, 321 lbs, 28 years old and ready to get happy and healthy. I'm having a hard time with getting motivated. I have all the reasons in the world to get fit, now I just need to do it in my head. I need to find ways to show myself I'm worth it, over and over. I'm here to make friends who have the same struggles that I do, and have some support. What motivates you? What makes you get out of bed in the morning and say, this will be MY day? How do you find ways to pick yourself up when the cravings and worthlessness sets in? As I go along in this journey, I will post how I've found ways to get myself off the ground. I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Replies

• KTJ62
    KTJ62 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Katie and I'm new to the group also. I joined mfp awhile back, but obviously didn't consistently keep up with it. I'm now at my highest weight and really need to make changes.
  • bevkidd1
    bevkidd1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You two have come to the right place. This is the best group of people. We all help each other stay motivated and going strong! Feel free to add me and I will do what I can to help you out...
  • CaffeinatedCutie
    CaffeinatedCutie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Today I have accomplished my goal of exercise! 1 Day down, a life time to go!!! Thanks for the greetings! :)
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Coming here is a great step. You can do this , My motivation is just that I want to feel good! I am tired of being tired. Done with putting me last! Ready to step into my next faze of life healthy , energetic and mobile . add me we can do this together:) my name is Kat
  • Irishsugar
    Irishsugar Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE WORTH THIS JOURNEY!! You got this!! There is a ton of support here... I love all the support here!!!
  • alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Motivations:
    • Not panting for breath by going from the car to the store.
      • Not able to find clothes i really like that fit
      • Not worrying about breaking a chair, a toilet, a couch, etc with my weight
      • Feeling like I can accomplish something
      • Taking care of my poor old knee joints
    Picking myself up after a binge is the hardest---I hate failing, and when I feel like I failed because I ate everything under the sun for week, it's hard to move past it. I have to do a lot of serious self talk and rationalization. It gets easier with practice!!!!!

You can do it!
      <3
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Lots of new faces :)
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Motivations:
    • Not panting for breath by going from the car to the store.
      • Not able to find clothes i really like that fit
      • Not worrying about breaking a chair, a toilet, a couch, etc with my weight
      • Feeling like I can accomplish something
      • Taking care of my poor old knee joints
    Picking myself up after a binge is the hardest---I hate failing, and when I feel like I failed because I ate everything under the sun for week, it's hard to move past it. I have to do a lot of serious self talk and rationalization. It gets easier with practice!!!!!

You can do it!
      <3

Sounds good, I'm with you!!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • ModiglianaFiasco
    ModiglianaFiasco Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am new here too and am in a similar boat with lots of weight to lose and not sure where to start. It's great to find people who are on the same journey and I appreciate any tips and little motivators that you have. Cheers!
  • alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Tip on where to start: Just start tracking---even if you are not meeting your goal, just paying attention to what you eat and when will give you awareness. Start making the small changes with what you are seeing---eliminate sodas, junk food, etc---whatever works for you.
    MEASURE! you will be shocked sometimes at how much you are really eating.

You can do this!
  • healthyMSk
    healthyMSk Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Logging your food even on horrible days is something that helped me in the past
    I'm honest with myself that I use food as my drug of choice. I'm in a very isolated place literally I can't even get a land line much less internet. Since moving here this fall I notice my old habits of the tv food binges.
    Hopefully we will all get motivated to treat our bodies better

Options
    Tracking n remember it's a guide not the word of God. Welcome! Gayle Minneapolis
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I'm Sonya. In 41, live in Ohio and currently weigh 295. Wow! I'm still not used to saying that, lol. I just fell below 300 for the first time in at least 4-5 years. I started here on MFP on Jan 6 at 331lbs. Just found this group about a week ago.

As far as advice goes, just log. If you bite it, write it! A good digital food scale is worth it's weight in gold. You'll begin to find ways to cut down the calorie intake. As a life long soda drinker I'll say right now, it's NOT worth the calories. So many things aren't.

Good luck and let me know if I can help in any way :)

• crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    It helps me to set goals that have nothing to do with the scale or food. I have those goals too, of course, but when I obsess over them it gets overwhelming. I set fitness goals and it is so satisfying to work towards them. I want to be as active as I used to (be if not more), so that is what I am setting my sights on. After changing to this mindset I have seen the scale steadily I've down, but has resigned myself to not obsess over that number as long as I know I am giving it everything I've got.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hello
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hi All! My name is Kenn and I am 57 years old. I went to my Dr on Jan 20th and was 307.6 # I tried starting exercising in Feb and quit before even starting. On Feb 29th I weighed 308# and said enough. I started a diet and exercise program March 1st. I am mainly doing cardio (stationary bike) with very light weights for my arms..just a couple of sets in the morning. I put myself on a low calorie diet 1200-1400 a day I know this will not be sustainable over the long haul, but I wanted some quick early results. I weighed in Monday evening March 28th @ 288.4 # So far ..so good. I wish all of you success and good health in your journey.

Do not quit,,stay motivated..stay dedicated. If anyone wishes to be friends on here..great! I have no idea how that works.
    Options
    Welcome! I would suggest you use MFP calorie app, too fast n too low can bite you in the *kitten*. I'm not trying to be a mom, negative, bossy, judging just a friend. Wish you much luck n come chat often! Gayle Minneapolis
  • steelridgekennel
    steelridgekennel Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Beth and I am also 28. My motivations are a few things. I have already noticed I feel better since watching calories and going to the gym. I also like what I am seeing in the mirror, something that is very hard on me. The third thing is the reason I even started this journey. I lost my miracle baby at 7 weeks last October and I am determined to get pregnant and stay pregnant and I know that my weight likely contributed to it.

You can do this and feel free to add me as a friend if you need some extra motivation!
  • steelridgekennel
    steelridgekennel Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Let me add...a really good tip. Treat the calories as a game. That keeps me going. I do put in everything and I do go over some and stay under mostly. But My goal is to hit those numbers like protein and stay below on like Sugars and carbs. It's a fun way to look at it.