Team 4

Options

Replies

• summ72
    summ72 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Morning Wildflowers :)
    I get motivated by songs and love to listen to the lyrics and so my motivational song for today is: I rise up by Andra Day - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApSX-adHnB0
    Hope this motivates some of you.

P.S. I am a morning person :)
  • sbeckum91
    sbeckum91 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    So for the roadblocks, accountability and nutritional challenges, do we calculate the points for each day and put them on the spreadsheet?
  • NelsonKatelyn
    NelsonKatelyn Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I lost 1.5 lbs this week. Not a big loss, but I'll take it!! I'm hoping I'll be able to keep up with all the challenges and tracking points. There really is a lot of different things going on at once! Almost overwhelming.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the morning motivation, Melanie. I like the phrase, "we gonna walk it out and move mountains." I only want to move a few pounds by walking, so compared to a mountain, that should be a piece of cake!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Yes, Shelby. If you do the dance, record a "yes" and 10 under Roadblock 1. If you eat 5 Greek foods, it's a 10 under Roadblock 2. If you get to the end of the week, and you've only eaten 4 Greek foods, then it's an 8 under Roadblock 2. If you go sugar free for the week, score 5 points on Sunday. If you chime in here on the thread five times, and comment on five different team mates' statuses over five days, then score 10 points after the fifth day. (There can be partial points for this one, too; for example, only 4 days you would score 8 points). If you do the arm challenge or dumbbell challenge for the whole week, then score 10 points on Sunday.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Kate, first off, congratulations on losing a pound and a half. Don't downplay it....that rate of loss is sustainable over the long haul! As for all the challenges, you are absolutely right; it is overwhelming. That is why I am trying my best to break it all down for you. In @mallowbar's defence, she was trying to come up with lots of ways to score points so that if someone were really new to this whole process, they could find something within their comfort zone to get them off to a positive start. If you want to keep it simple, try to get in exercise minutes most days so we, as a team, get get to Greece. And try to do one of the roadblocks. I think if we all do at least one roadblock, that will help our point scoring abilities later on. Seriously, the dance looks fun and it is only a minute and a half! Practice a few times and ten minutes later you will be done!
  • NelsonKatelyn
    Options
    Thanks @HASWLRS ! I was wondering if I was the only one a little overwhelmed lol I'm trying to focus here in the beginning on exercise minutes and at least 1 roadblock. I had Greek yogurt yesterday and I have pita chips to eat with my lunch today! We get 2 points per day, correct?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Two points per food.
  • NelsonKatelyn
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm also a bit of a spreadsheet nerd because I work with complex sheets at work all day, so I've been trying to make ours snazzy lol I'm tweaking it as we go!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Oh, I didn't realize that was you! Thank you, because I am the complete opposite of a spreadsheet nerd!
  • misstori4
    misstori4 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello Wildflowers! I know I am starting a bit late, I do apologize. This is all new to me; there are so many aspects to this challenge. Hopefully I will get the hang of it. My name is Tori, I am a 32yr old STAHM to four kiddos. I lost the pregnancy (my youngest is 18months) weight last year with weight watchers, but I still have those last 15 lbs to loose. I have been very tired and depressed lately. I have hypothyroidism and will finally get to see the endocrinologist on March 18th, after a 5 month long wait of feeling this way. In the meantime I have been using my depression as an excuse to eat like crap. We all have something to use as an excuse, ya know? And it's just a matter of whether or not we use it. I hate to run, but I love to dance. I enjoy Piyo and Zumba, and I often walk the dog too. So excited for nice weather to put the baby in the stroller and walk for a while. I did that today, helps the depression a great deal too. Gonna eat some grapes and greek yogurt today and figure out these spread sheets. Have an awesome day ya'll!!!
  • idrathereatnachos
    idrathereatnachos Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Wildflowers! My name is Lisa, I am a 35 year old librarian from Southern California. This challenge seems to have a lot of things going on but I will do my best to keep up.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hi, Tori and Lisa and welcome to the official Team Wildflowers thread. Yes, there is a lot going on in this challenge. On page two of this thread I have a post where I break down all the ways to score points this week. If you are feeling overwhelmed, (and you are not alone), try keeping it simple. Record as many exercise minutes as you can this week, so we can get our team to Greece and try to do one of the roadblocks (either the dance or the Greek food). I think it helps our scoring abilities later on if we all do at least one roadblock. Have a great week! If you have any questions, we are here to help.
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm also a bit of a spreadsheet nerd because I work with complex sheets at work all day, so I've been trying to make ours snazzy lol I'm tweaking it as we go!

Awe! I love how our team spreadsheet looks. Its so calming. Thank you for making it look bad *kitten*$ hahaha. Congrats on your weight loss as well. I lose 1.4 lbs I think. From 132 to 130.6, my goal for this month is 130, but my final goal weight is 125. :smile:
  • lexy4774
    lexy4774 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was a late bloomer so my weigh in remained the same this week, hopeful for next week as I am determined to conquer all the challenges!!! Stay focused everyone!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Nice to see you on the team thread, Lexy. I love your attitude!
  • violet0ann
    violet0ann Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling misstori4. I have hypothyroidism too and before my levothyroxine meds were at the right dosage I was terrible even putting on a pair of socks was hell, hair thinning, dry cracking skin and I was constantly depressed till it was sorted and stable. it can be hell on you if its not stable. it wasn't over night but once it was stable at the right dose for a little while everything got back to normal.

• violet0ann
    violet0ann Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I lost 1.4 lbs at the weight in this week, I'm glad to see its still coming off regularly since I've been dieting and exercising for a while now.

I did 2 30 min jog/walks today and made some Greek style kebabs for dinner.

• HASWLRS
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss, Jenny. Kate lost just about the same amount and I told her that was a good sustainable rate for the long haul! You seem to be a bit of a natural in the kitchen; making everything from scratch! You're making the rest of us look bad! lol
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    We are down to 17 team mates. Miss_Mabee and Littlemissweber withdrew. Littlemissweber said she just had surgery and would not be able to exercise for the near future. No word from Miss_Mabee; She just left.