Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Team 5

Replies

• dawnsch1995
    dawnsch1995 Posts: 97 Member
    Did the Dance routine with my daughter!! So fun! Also had a Greek salad for lunch and Greek style pork tender loin and Greek potatoes for supper!! Loving the Greek food
  • jk286607
    jk286607 Posts: 16 Member
    I haven't been logging my points daily in the spreadsheet but I'm keeping track, I promise! I know it's only day 2 but I really do feel like this is holding me accountable.
    Also-- do we know about how many people are actually participating/on our team? I'd just like to be able to have a general idea so I can make sure I'm doing my fair share of the "miles" :)
  • shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    Who knew I was so addicted to Sugar!!!??? This is a good challenge for me.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    @jk286607 we have 17 people, so this week each person needs 288 minutes
  • Bons92
    Bons92 Posts: 21 Member
    shauna30 wrote: »

Good for you Shauna. That is my big problem I try for one day or two and after I give up :neutral: I have no control
  • Bons92
    Bons92 Posts: 21 Member
    @jk286607 we have 17 people, so this week each person needs 288 minutes

we will exceed it together :wink:
  • aston2045
    aston2045 Posts: 32 Member
    edited March 2016
    Good morning, we have an amazing team! It's so nice to see everyone building each other up instead of tearing them down. I am loving this challenge. Have a good day everyone.
    k05fc1pnx4vy.jpeg
  • jforshizzle
    jforshizzle Posts: 35 Member
    Good morning. Looks like I've caught my 3rd cold this year. I didn't sleep well last night, so I'm debating on whether to exercise or take a rest day. I am determined to get to 288 minutes this week so maybe I will take a walk after work. Hope everyone does well with their weigh-ins!
  • shauna30
    Good morning. Looks like I've caught my 3rd cold this year. I didn't sleep well last night, so I'm debating on whether to exercise or take a rest day. I am determined to get to 288 minutes this week so maybe I will take a walk after work. Hope everyone does well with their weigh-ins!

A walk is a great idea. I hope it gives you the energy to beat your cold!
  • celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    @AdSTL We get together for dinner with a group of friends once a month and last night it was at a local mexican restaurant. I opted for the veggie fajitas and managed to do all right. What surprised me more was that I can no longer finish off a restaurant meal. I was stuffed half way through! We are a close bunch of friends, so no one had any qualms about sharing what I couldn't finish, it didn't go to waste.

Ready to plow through another day and will hit the gym tonight. I forgot to pack something greek in my lunch, so I'll have to get that in at dinner.

I think I have friended about a dozen people so far. That leaves five or six that I haven't seen posting anywhere. I'll try to find them and send requests.

Hope everyone has a great day - and that those of you who are feeling under the weather are better soon!
  • shauna30
    Bons92 wrote: »

Good for you Shauna. That is my big problem I try for one day or two and after I give up :neutral: I have no control

:smile: my problem was day one! I accidentally ate some candy while visiting my grandma and since I had messed up, I kept going and before the day was over, ended up eating ice cream out of the carton!
  • AdSTL
    AdSTL Posts: 8 Member
    AdSTL wrote: »
    I hope everyone's doing well today... I have a taco date with my boy tonight; I'm trying to figure out how to minimize the damage, lol. Any advice would be welcome!

@AdSTL I have NO CONTROL when it comes to tacos lol, so all I have to say is pig out like I just did

Lol, well I tried to have control, but I wasn't successful! I was STARVING by the time we got there, so I definitely over-ate. It was soooo good though!

@celtikgirl - the problem I run into is that I limit my calories as best I can prior to going out to eat, and then completely push through my "stopping point." Thankfully I stayed away from the margaritas, but the damage was pretty bad. I'm going to try to get a great workout in tonight to make up for it.
  • Jewls2317
    Jewls2317 Posts: 14 Member
    Had a stressful night at work last night, so I caved and had something sugary. It's hard not to when cake and cookies are sitting in the break room and you see them every time you walk in. ;) Oh well, I'll try to do better at work tonight.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Bons92 wrote: »

@shauna30 @bons92 Guys, I'm seriously riding the struggle bus with the sugar elimination too! :neutral:

@jforshizzle Take it easy and get yourself better girl! However, a walk might give you just the amount of fresh air to get you feeling a bit better :smiley:
    I hope everyone's doing well today... I have a taco date with my boy tonight; I'm trying to figure out how to minimize the damage, lol. Any advice would be welcome!

@AdSTL I have NO CONTROL when it comes to tacos lol, so all I have to say is pig out like I just did

Lol, well I tried to have control, but I wasn't successful! I was STARVING by the time we got there, so I definitely over-ate. It was soooo good though!

@celtikgirl - the problem I run into is that I limit my calories as best I can prior to going out to eat, and then completely push through my "stopping point." Thankfully I stayed away from the margaritas, but the damage was pretty bad. I'm going to try to get a great workout in tonight to make up for it.

@AdSTL Yeah just get a kickass workout in, you'll feel better after that :wink:
    Jewls2317 wrote: »
    Had a stressful night at work last night, so I caved and had something sugary. It's hard not to when cake and cookies are sitting in the break room and you see them every time you walk in. ;) Oh well, I'll try to do better at work tonight.

@Jewls2317 You can do it!
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Do any of you take progress photos? I do, and I love it. I took ones yesterday because I didn't have a chance on Monday and I'm excited to see how big of a change I can see in the weeks of this challenge! :smiley:
  • change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    edited March 2016

Seriously a good challenge!! one of my children offered me some cake today and yes I did eat it so today this challenge is out the window :s
  • change04
    What are stumbling blocks and defeat before you, can be stepping stones to victory if you remain determined. 

I think a good quote for our current challenge!! Hope everyone has a good evening X
  • change04
    Do any of you take progress photos? I do, and I love it. I took ones yesterday because I didn't have a chance on Monday and I'm excited to see how big of a change I can see in the weeks of this challenge! :smiley:

At present I don't but I think it would be a great idea to start to see my progress in action :)
  • sharondatbrown
    sharondatbrown Posts: 10 Member
    A little slow joining the gang, but playing catch up will be fun. Hope everyone is doing well so far.
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 326 Member
    edited March 2016

I am not doing well with the sugar challenge. I'm not a sweet type person, except for my coffee (3tsp- yikes lol) and I honestly don't want to give that up. I love it! I do try to manage my sugar intake throughout the day though. Salt and chips are my issue.