Options

Replies

• erickanparadise
    erickanparadise Posts: 15 Member
    Options
  • smiphette
    smiphette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Sorry it's a rough one. Some days you just have to do what you can and let the rest go. I am glad you didn't throw it out the window. Hope the days get better as the week goes along.
    maicap22 wrote: »
    Hi Team! I am having a rough/emotional today. I almost threw everything out the window. I'm glad I didn't though. I hope to finish this challenge with all of you.
  • obxsrfrgrl
    obxsrfrgrl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday, folks!
    Hi Team! I am having a rough/emotional today. I almost threw everything out the window. I'm glad I didn't though. I hope to finish this challenge with all of you.
    Maicap22, I'm so glad you decided not to throw everything out the window. You are an integral link in our chain. We need you to help keep all of us above the water. Sure hope your day goes much more smoothly and you're able to ride out the storm.

Last night's run was awesome! 4.19 miles in 56 minutes, plus an additional 1.2 miles walking for 22 more minutes. Considering I had neck surgery on December 18 following a year full of injuries and illnesses, I think I'm doing pretty good getting back to the same running ability I had before 2015. I love having this Team to be accountable to as well.

Get out there and crush it, y'all!
  • LoveLacy
    LoveLacy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Hope you had a great day - my work day has been a weird one, but as I bus to work instead of getting on bus at stop 3/4mins away from house, I walked to town centre 12-15mins in the pouring rain this morning just to ensure I got some minutes in. Hope your all smashing your goals and just enjoying your day most off all. :) xx weighed in, not taking the result as my weekly personal weigh as that is Friday and I know body weight fluctuates on different days and times. accountability challenge done and road block 2 is now 3/5. getting there.
  • cwolfgram
    cwolfgram Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Got out of bed and did 30 minutes of weight training today. Finished Day 23 of the 27 Day Squat Challenge, did the arms challenge for today, and had Greek yogurt.
  • visionmet
    visionmet Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My goodness these squats are killing me! 130 of them today and at 330 in the am. My workday started at 430 am sooo I got to keep my commitment to myself and did that and the arm challenge first upon waking. Its so much easier for me to do it early and not have to worry about it later on. Hope everyone elses day is going good! My walk along the caloosahatchee river was awesome yesterday! Took some nice pictures too. If you guys instagram my name is mermaidkaci and you can see some of them!
  • countrcowgirl
    countrcowgirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options

Over coming days like these is what will make you reach your goals! So glad you are still with us. The journey is hard but worth it :)

• countrcowgirl
    Options
    obxsrfrgrl wrote: »
    Happy Wednesday, folks!
    Maicap22, I'm so glad you decided not to throw everything out the window. You are an integral link in our chain. We need you to help keep all of us above the water. Sure hope your day goes much more smoothly and you're able to ride out the storm.

Last night's run was awesome! 4.19 miles in 56 minutes, plus an additional 1.2 miles walking for 22 more minutes. Considering I had neck surgery on December 18 following a year full of injuries and illnesses, I think I'm doing pretty good getting back to the same running ability I had before 2015. I love having this Team to be accountable to as well.

Get out there and crush it, y'all!

Sounds like you had a great run! And terrific for you having recovering so well from your surgery!
  • countrcowgirl
    Options
    Just reading everyone's post... and your dedication and effort is amazing and inspirational, ran weeks, 3:30 squats.. long runs... way to go team!!!
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hi team! Done with every challenge for today :)
  • visionmet
    visionmet Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to share how lucky I am to have a partner that'll cook me dinner to support me in this journey. Has anyone had a salad made from italian parsley as the greens?! It is delicious!

e78bnnm3gusb.jpg
  • countrcowgirl
    Options
    Looks yummy @visionmet
  • friedafroglegs
    friedafroglegs Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Another great day for everyone! Rest well and dream of tomorrow's accomplishments!
  • trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Bad week. My grandma has been in the hospital and had surgery yesterday. No workout but I did eat well and got a greek salad for dinner. I am a little lost on everything. Is there a thread that states what everything is roadblocks etc. I am doing the no sugar.
  • smiphette
    smiphette Posts: 177 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Amazing Race Week 1: Greece 4882 active minutes per team

Roadblock 1: Do the dance one or more times this week for 10 pts

Roadblock 2:
    Eat Greek food. "...eat five things from greece over the course of the seven days. 2 points for each day" up to 10 pts total

Bonus Challenges (up to 10 pts per challenge)
    1. Fitness: 10 pts for full week of Arm Challenge and/or Dumbell Challenge Week 1
    2. Nutrition: 2 pts per day up to a max of 10 for avoiding white sugars or flours
    3. Accountability: 2 pts per day up to a max of 10 for posting in the team thread and on at least one teammates page per day

Other
    Squat Challenge: Count time towards activity for race miles, but no bonus points
  • obxsrfrgrl
    obxsrfrgrl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bad week. My grandma has been in the hospital and had surgery yesterday. No workout but I did eat well and got a greek salad for dinner. I am a little lost on everything. Is there a thread that states what everything is roadblocks etc. I am doing the no sugar.

Oh girl. I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. Good for you for sticking to eating a healthy dinner even with the emotional turmoil and stress I am sure you are feeling. I hope things went well in your grandma's surgery and the prognosis is good. Keep on keeping on, @trishfit2014

Looking forward to a lovely Thursday and a rocking Thursday night run! Hope everyone has an amazingly lovely day.
  • cwolfgram
    cwolfgram Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Added yesterday's minutes to the spreadsheet. We have already recorded 47.4% of the week's minutes in the first three days, and not everyone has recorded them yet. We are killing the active miles!
  • tfisher678
    tfisher678 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Trishfit, so sorry about your grandma, hope she makes a quick recovery.

Visionmet, your salad made me hungry! My hubby likes to bring sweet treats into our home. I'm holding my own and won't give in!

Done with my challenges today! All my exercises done! Was craving sweets, had banana and Clementine instead...trying to remember there are points on the line...:)

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • LoveLacy
    LoveLacy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hope you've all had a great day. It's almost the weekend. Keep smashing those goals and smiling
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @trishfit2014I'm sorry. Hoping for the best for you.

Guys, I think we're really crushing the Race :) Let's keep it up!