Chocolate

Options
bisky
bisky Posts: 992 Member
I love love dark chocolate. Someone recently bought me Trader Joe's simply Lite sugar free dark chocolate bars. Just a couple of squares are so satisfying! They are sweetened with maltitol and have sugar alcohol. The little box says Maltitol has been omitted from the carbohydrate calculation as its conversion requires little or no insulin and does not cause an appreciable increase in serum glucose. love it. I also like Godiva Sugar free dark chocolate but the base here in Italy has not carried it in a couple of months.

Replies

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried that one, but I like their 85% bar.

http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article/1749
  • Sweetsys
    Sweetsys Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am hooked on the Russell Stover sugar free mints. Covered in dark chocolate. 1 net carb for 3. I have 1-2 every day.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Sweetsys wrote: »
    I am hooked on the Russell Stover sugar free mints. Covered in dark chocolate. 1 net carb for 3. I have 1-2 every day.

I love those too :)
  • Couchpotato39
    Couchpotato39 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with the Atkins Cookies and Cream bars. So good and satisfy my cravings.
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I need to try the Atkins sweets. I love me some Hersey milk chocolate. Not the best choice. I get a bar here and there. Had one last night and so glad I just got the one bar because if I had gotten more they would have been gone too.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I like the Lindt 90% dark chocolate bar myself. I've not tried any of the sugar alcohol ones.

I do know once upon a time my diabetic mom had a bag of sugar free Hershey bars and my daughter who was about 4 at the time got into them and ate the whole bag. Let's just say for the next 10 years or so she wouldn't eat any candy without first asking "this isn't sugar free is it??". :p
  • dietbepsi
    dietbepsi Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Man I've never had any of this stuff! I'll have to look for it.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I go with the Ghiradelli 86%. I tried the Trader Joe's 85% (that's what I have on hand now) and I wasn't as keen on that.

But tbh, I like the flavor of mixing pure cocoa powder with TJ's coconut oil and no flavoring or sweetener. I've always been a bitter fan.

Maybe I'll try that 90%.
  • Sweetsys
    Sweetsys Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I noticed they had sugar free Hershey's milk & dark. Haven't tried.
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Sugar Free Hershey's milk chocolate?! WHERE!! I could really go for that!!
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I like to nibble on a tiny square of 99% Lindt, followed by a square of 90% Lindt, that first square makes the second square taste so sweet lol. I eat them with a cup of spicy chai tea, which adds to the experience. Of course I have to give it all up for All Animal April ☹
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I like to nibble on a tiny square of 99% Lindt, followed by a square of 90% Lindt, that first square makes the second square taste so sweet lol. I eat them with a cup of spicy chai tea, which adds to the experience. Of course I have to give it all up for All Animal April ☹

K. This may be so easy, but what is All Animal April? Or is it exactly like it sounds, where you only ingest only animal sourced nutrients in April?
  • LowCarbInScotland
    Options
    @megemrj take a peek at the What if you only ate bacon for 30 days post. A bunch of us are going to eat a single meat for a month and not much else.

Sorry, can't figure out how to link to the post from my phone.
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    @megemrj take a peek at the What if you only ate bacon for 30 days post. A bunch of us are going to eat a single meat for a month and not much else.

Sorry, can't figure out how to link to the post from my phone.

Thanks. I will take a look.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yep the 99% Lindt... dream chocolate. Unfortunately here, it is twice the price of the 90%. Sneaky little devils have the same size outside packaging, but only 50g as opposed to 100g. If you don't read the package you think it's a bargain, mwahahaha >:). I got fooled the first time. Oh well, even the 90% is still a 3:1 ratio of fat to carbs so OK in my book.
    I can't stand the taste of sugar free chocolate, the added sweeteners wreck the flavour for me.
  • cottagegirl71
    cottagegirl71 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    90% Lindt....mmm....I have a square waiting for me after dinner :)
  • LowCarbInScotland
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Yep the 99% Lindt... dream chocolate. Unfortunately here, it is twice the price of the 90%. Sneaky little devils have the same size outside packaging, but only 50g as opposed to 100g. If you don't read the package you think it's a bargain, mwahahaha >:). I got fooled the first time. Oh well, even the 90% is still a 3:1 ratio of fat to carbs so OK in my book.
    I can't stand the taste of sugar free chocolate, the added sweeteners wreck the flavour for me.

I don't mind the price or the package volume, I only eat one square a day, so it lasts forever. And considering how much money I'm saving not eating junk food all day and ordering takeout every night, I can afford it and I'm still saving plenty of money. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options

I have a stash of 5 - 100g bars that are hidden from my DH, because he would eat it all. I sneak into it when he is not looking and grab a couple squares for each of us once in a while. I love it but can resist w/o problem because it's just not sugary sweet. If I buy any other Lindt such as Lime Zest, or Salted Caramel, or Chili - I can eat it ALL in one go.

• LowCarbInScotland
    Options

I have a stash of 5 - 100g bars that are hidden from my DH, because he would eat it all. I sneak into it when he is not looking and grab a couple squares for each of us once in a while. I love it but can resist w/o problem because it's just not sugary sweet. If I buy any other Lindt such as Lime Zest, or Salted Caramel, or Chili - I can eat it ALL in one go.

^^^This!! An open chocolate bar has never survived in my house before! Now it takes me 20 mins to eat one square. I definitely couldn't eat two, let alone the whole bar.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options

This reminded me I have a bar in my top desk drawer. Broke off 3 squares as a nice treat. I like to let it melt in my mouth because I find it less bitter that way AND it lasts longer.

Nice treat to get through this crapshoot of a day.