Team 5

Options

Replies

• shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    So happy to hear I'm not alone with my Sugar Struggle :wink: Last time I went without sugar for longer than a couple of days I had a dream about eating sugar by the spoonful. No dreams yet but it's helping my calorie intake. It's easy to keep your calorie goal when you can't snack on anything sweet!
  • celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I read the directions for the no sugar/no flour thing and just said no. I'm counting calories, I'm eating the @#$% vegetables, I have only had pasta twice in three months, I've had maybe four sodas in that same time frame, I'm not giving up my slightly sweetened tea or coffee, or the occasional chocolate for anybody!

When I started this adventure (again) I decided that I would aim for better choices, but I knew if I told myself I could NEVER have the things I enjoy, I would fail. If it means my progress will be slightly slower, I can live with that.

• dawnsch1995
    dawnsch1995 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Had chicken solvaki for supper tonight and Greek yogurt as my snack!! Loving the Greek food
  • AdSTL
    AdSTL Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I managed to get to spin class last night, and whoa did it kick my butt! I used to spin all the time, but I haven't in a few years because I got bored with it. I decided to give it another go, though, since it was my primary exercise when I lost the bulk of my weight originally, and now I remember why, lol.

I'm also a failure at the sugar challenge... If I'm craving something and try to deny myself, I end up eating 500 calories in other "healthier" stuff instead. If a few chocolate chips or a mini-snickers bar will make me feel better, I might as well indulge! But... It means I'm no help in terms of points from that part of the challenge, unfortunately. :-/
  • change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Had chicken solvaki for supper tonight and Greek yogurt as my snack!! Loving the Greek food

Been having Greek yogurts everyday this week!! Yummy :)
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Not usually a Greek yogurt fan, however my Jamba Juice smoothie has Greek yogurt in it today, so there's my Greek!
  • jk286607
    jk286607 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    AdSTL wrote: »
    I'm also a failure at the sugar challenge... If I'm craving something and try to deny myself, I end up eating 500 calories in other "healthier" stuff instead. If a few chocolate chips or a mini-snickers bar will make me feel better, I might as well indulge! But... It means I'm no help in terms of points from that part of the challenge, unfortunately. :-/

I agree! I looked at the sugar challenge and it's just not for me. If I try to deny myself, I'll end up craving it and then breaking down and going overboard! I'm trying to just limit it myself as far as sweets/desserts. I went to my nephew's birthday party and had a piece of cake but it was a small piece (only about 3 bites) which for me felt like a success!
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 302 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I love the Greek foods. I didn't do anything today. Work was exhausting and by the time I got home, cooked dinner, put kids to bed, I was done.
  • dawnsch1995
    Options
    A good day today! Day #10 of squat challenge done
  • celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Really need to fix the late evening trips to the gym. Makes dinner way too late. I was on my way out the door when I got a phone call, then DH came home from a bad day and needed me to listen to him unload, didn't get to the gym until after 9.

Managed to stay under my calories, but could have made some better choices today. There's always tomorrow!
  • sharondatbrown
    sharondatbrown Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Today was a long day for me. These 12 hour shifts are no joke on the body, but I had a great nutrition day. Looking forward to my day off tomorrow. Got a lot of exercise minutes to get in by the end of the week.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Lost a little over the pound this week! :D
    Happy Friday everyone! Don't forget to get your exercise minutes logged in by Sunday!
    Weight weigh in isn't until Tuesday ;)
  • aston2045
    aston2045 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I kinda dropped the ball the last 2 days with the in-laws visiting. Good thing it's the weekend and I'll have plenty of time to catch up on my minutes. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    It's been a long hard day!! On a plus side HAPPY FRIDAY TEAM!! :D
    You all are doing GREAT
    Remember to get those exercise minutes in.... Hope you all have a fantastic weekend X
  • Utah89
    Utah89 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just got back from a great run with my pup. I am so thankful for this unseasonably warm weather!

I have just an hour more of exercise to meet my weekly goal and I had all my Greek food this week! I still need to do the dance
  • dawnsch1995
    Options
    Really tired today! Got my 10000 steps in but that's all for today
  • jk286607
    jk286607 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Dropped the ball a little on calories today due to dinner out with friends and my inability to resist crème brûlée. But I took the pup for a walk when I got home (even though it was late) which is not what I would normally do after a rich/heavy meal so that's a change. It's the little things, right?
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    If we have extra min (say I do 50 over) do they go towards the team goal, or does everyone have to have do their share. (not saying i mind if someone doesn't do their full 280 or whatever it is - just curious)
  • Jewls2317
    Jewls2317 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Had a horrible headache today and almost decided to skip working out because of it. I took some excedrin and pushed through my workout ( got 47 minutes in even though I was just trying for at least 30min) and actually feel much better afterwards :)
    I know I haven't been posting much...basically because I usually work three 12.5 hour night shifts in a row and have to sleep during the day afterwards. However, I wanted you all to know that you are all inspiring and motivating me to reach for my goals. This week I felt like giving up. I started eating junk food again and began to feel that reaching my goals was impossible. But, I don't want to let you all down and I don't want to give up on myself either. Here's to winning the amazing race. We can do it!!! :)
  • kateallison412
    kateallison412 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Jewls! Your message inspires me for sure. :)

What a bummer past two days. On Wednesday I worked out with my personal trainer who pushed me too far on dead lifts and I winded up not being able to work out for the past two days!! :s Here is to an amazing weekend to catch up!!