Team 8 - Amazing Race

Options

Replies

• hncall01
    hncall01 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!! Hope everyone is doing well on this wonderful Thursday!! It's raining here, so it'll be a wonderful day to go to the gym after I get home and take the dog out. Yesterday I was so busy I didn't get to do anything. So tonight I'm hoping to make up for it and do at least an hour or more on the treadmill or elliptical...depending on what's available to use when I get there.
    To answer enuf200's question....sometimes I don't listen to music. I'll actually play a show on Netflix or Hulu and watch it while I work out. That normally always keeps me entertained. lol!
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I love listening to podcasts while working out. I can focus on the points they're making and think "oh, interesting," instead of "I hate this I hate this I hate this..." like I usually do when I run :smile:

105 squats today! (If you started on time.) I'm 55 in and definitely feeling it. I'm just hoping my butt and thighs will look great at the end of this!
  • AnnmarieSimmons
    AnnmarieSimmons Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Today I got up extra early and did Jillian Michaels exercise DVD before I went to work. At lunch time I went for a walk instead of driving to buy food. I had hummus for lunch and I have completed the accountability challenge :):)

Hope everyone's doing well?
  • 6DeDe6
    6DeDe6 Posts: 116 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Great work everyone :D I did the squat challenge and went to gym and I had a Greek yogurt at lunch.
  • jodybergeon
    jodybergeon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i've had a stomach bug for 2 days now trying to get in as much as possible ugh
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Go my grapes in for Greek food challenge! Though I splurged on breakfast.. but the only one on the vacation so not gonna dwell on it. Getting my accountability done for the day so that I can keep that up. Slow pace exercise as I need to keep my guys legs fresh for games... but still getting some in.

Let's rock this team 8!
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options

Aww that's too bad. Rest your body and you can catch up once you have recovered. Hope you feel better soon.
  • BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,844 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

That's why we're here as a team so we can help each other out :smile: just rest and don't push to hard - I find going too soon makes for a much longer recovery.

Talk about bad diet day - mcdonalds for breakfast, a soft pretzel with cheese at the game, and chic fil-a for dinner. But sometimes life puts you in a I tuition with few options and it's easier to go with the crowd. Then, because I've spent so much time on this shakey bus, my fitbit thinks I've taken all sorts of steps today although I know I haven't. So I'm over by about 400 calories and MFP says I'm under! At least I realized it now so I can make up for all this bad food this weekend. I did eat grapes though so at least I got my Greek in!

Glad to see so many people doing well. We are almost finished with our first week! Let me know if you need me to submit your times for you this weekend. I'll be happy to help.
  • kaitkolo
    kaitkolo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I haven't been near my computer to log my minutes in the spreadsheet and I can't do it from my phone but I will for sure log them tomorrow! It's been super yucky weather out today so it makes me want to laze around all day but at least I made it to the gym before clinic today! Everyone seems to have been losing all kinds of weight... Awesome job!
  • BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I finally got home (11pm) and I did my squats and arm challenge but that's all I have in me for tonight
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I was able to get in a good workout before dinner last night, then a friend called to go for a walk...which worked out to lots of minutes! :) I did day 3 of the dumbbell challenge, and I think I will be finished the greek food challenge today. I didn't even attempt the no sugar. There was already quite a lot of accountability this week so I nixed it. Oh, also did the dance! It was so much fun!!
    @brynncody09 - we all have those days. Shake it off and move on. That's all we can do!
    @jodybergeon - hope you start feeling better soon!
  • bex_2016
    bex_2016 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, hope everyone is kicking *kitten* this week, looks like it from these posts, brilliant first week so far!!! :D

I've completed the Greek challenge:
    Monday - pitta bread for lunch
    Tuesday - feta cheese for dinner
    Wednesday - Greek yoghurt with fruit
    Thursday - olives and feta cheese
    Friday - pitta bread for lunch

Do I need to mark it down anywhere else? X
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    @bex_2016 you can mark it down on the Spring Break Training Excel on our Team 8 tab.

Almost done with the Greek food road block! Planning on either Greek yogurt or hummus (or both!) tonight for dinner/snack. The weather is also supposed to be gorgeous today so I'm planning a nice long walk after work.
  • AnnmarieSimmons
    AnnmarieSimmons Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi all, hope you all had a good day?

Ive managed to get myself on the treadmill after work, i must admit I find it very difficult to motivate myself to workout after a full day at work.... Im hoping it will get easier the more i do it.

Ive had hummas today for lunch, accountability done. Just have the arm challenge left :)

• hncall01
    hncall01 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all! Almost finished with my workday in about an hour and tonight I'll be going to the gym later, probably about 9ish. Then hoping to get up tomorrow morning early and beat the Saturday crowd. I hope everyone had a good week and has an even better weekend ahead of them!!
  • jermari284
    jermari284 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    jermari284 wrote: »
    My legs are jelllloooooo completed 70 minutes woop woop.. Now if only I can get up from the floor and walk to my shower lol. Only bad thing to was cramps and I'm starting to bloat scale will not be my friend this week lol

I feel you on all of the above!
    As far as the spreadsheet I only do it from my computer, but from reading other comments I know a lot of people have trouble when using phones/tablets. I can start updating the spreadsheet with your info since you can't get it. Whatever you post here I'll add to the sheet.

Ahhhthanks I'm going to try to get on the comp... Yesterday I did only 35 mins today I did 55
  • jermari284
    jermari284 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ahollowed wrote: »
    jermari284 wrote: »
    Oh my I've been checking in on here but not the spreadsheet I can't edit from my phone :s help

If you download the sheets App you can edit from your phone

I did download but idk how to pull up the spreadsheet :o
  • 6DeDe6
    6DeDe6 Posts: 116 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hello everyone great work. I went to gym + lots and lots of walking today I went shopping with my sister too many shops my feet are killing me. It's really great see everyone's hard work. Let's keep it up Team 8!!!!!
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, just want to say everyone is doing great! Two more days in this week, let's finish strong.