Yet Another Reason to Love LC

Options
ShootingStar72
ShootingStar72 Posts: 183 Member
Earlier today...

Dental hygenist (DH): Wow, your teeth look great! Have you been flossing more?
Me: No
DH: Have you been using fluoride rinse?
Me: No
DH: Did you change your diet?
Me: Actually YES! I could have told her I was also taking K2, but forgot to mention it. Could be a combo of both :)

Replies

• klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    No sugar rotting your teeth... I do notice mine feel pretty nice and I don't get any weird gunky feeling after eating now with doing Keto
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Although my dental health is far from perfect, since switching over to an LCHF lifestyle at the beginning of September 2014 I have not gotten a single new cavity. Yet another benefit of the Keto WOE!! :)
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Haven't been back to the dentist, must go
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Hardly any plaque build up at my check up last month! The benefits of this woe are many, and amazing!
    Good for you!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Nice!
    And yes, I'm overdue to see a dentist, too.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I had the same experience when I went last time.
    I'm currently conducting a little experiment by using a mineral tooth powder instead of toothpaste. I read that it can actually heal some cracks, gum recession and enamel issues. I always had to use a prescription toothpaste with fluoride to help with sensitivity due to receding gums. It worked pretty good. But since using the minerals, the sensitivity has improved even more. I would love to find that a fracture in one of my teeth is mending too! Don't know if it's actually possible. A lot of things aren't supposed to be possible, ya know? Like being alive and able to hold your head up without carbs and stuff... Lol
  • Homemaker57
    Homemaker57 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm currently conducting a little experiment by using a mineral tooth powder instead of toothpaste. I read that it can actually heal some cracks, gum recession and enamel issues. I always had to use a prescription toothpaste with fluoride to help with sensitivity due to receding gums. It worked pretty good. But since using the minerals, the sensitivity has improved even more. I would love to find that a fracture in one of my teeth is mending too! Don't know if it's actually possible. A lot of things aren't supposed to be possible, ya know? Like being alive and able to hold your head up without carbs and stuff... Lol

I'm interested in learning more! I have sensitivity and I hate it!!! Sensodyne makes my teeth ache when it comes in contact with my teeth. O_o I'm using Young Living Thieves toothpaste which doesn't bother me at all but I don't know if I'm helping my enamel as much as I could? I was reading about re-mineralization once and it mentioned a diet low in something specific and oatmeal is high in that thing but I can't remember what it was. But no more oatmeal for me ;)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options

I'm interested in learning more! I have sensitivity and I hate it!!! Sensodyne makes my teeth ache when it comes in contact with my teeth. O_o I'm using Young Living Thieves toothpaste which doesn't bother me at all but I don't know if I'm helping my enamel as much as I could? I was reading about re-mineralization once and it mentioned a diet low in something specific and oatmeal is high in that thing but I can't remember what it was. But no more oatmeal for me ;)

I bought the tooth powder from Primal Life Organics. I also started using their coconut oil based deodorant.
    http://www.primallifeorganics.com/collections/dirty-mouth