Giant legs and extra clothes

Options
AngieViolet
AngieViolet Posts: 232 Member
I have two random questions that are both bothering me.

First, I have GIANT legs! It seems that Gravity is taking my extra fat down to my legs as I melt. I'm down 146lbs, and my thighs are a FRIGHT and my calves are HUGE! I walk 2 miles daily, bike 10miles a few times a week, and I do leg lifts. They just wanna be giant piles of bread dough. I'm 4 months post op. Please tell me that things will even out a bit in time. The rest of my body is a mess, but I'm totally cool with that. I just feel bad about my legs because I could be down 2 more sizes if it wasn't for my thighs and calves.

Next, I have a TON of clothes that don't fit anymore (YAY), but I feel bad just throwing them in the goodwill drop box. I've already taken 2 trash bags FULL out there. I'd love to see them go to someone who will enjoy them. eBay sounds old school and hard. Any options? What did ya'll do with your old clothes?

Replies

• coffeeandacop
    coffeeandacop Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I bring mine to our monthly support group meetings. We all exchange clothes with each other! It saves from having to shop for new items every few weeks!
  • boncharlie
    boncharlie Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I have been taking mine in personally to a local community centre - big clothes are always hard to come by so I wanted to make sure that they went to the people who really needed them.

I completely get what you are saying about your thighs - I am having a similar issue. When I am laying on my back with my knees bent, there are about 3 folds where as before it was all solid! My belly looks like a deflated balloon- I reckon there is about about 7kg of just skin there alone! At the moment I don't mind cause I hide it all anyways but I am sure I will get to a frustration point when I can't lower my BMI anymore....
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    The hospital I went through has a sale twice a year. All pieces are collected and then sold for $1 each. The night of setup all the patients are allowed to preview shop. The next day, for the sale, it's open to the public. All the proceeds go back into the support group. Maybe contact your support group to see about swaps or sales.