How to Tailor MFP for a LCHF lifestyle?

Options
JustLikeJordin
JustLikeJordin Posts: 129 Member
How can you adjust your daily goal to incorporate. LCHF lifestyle which of course would result in higher caloric intake daily. I love MFP as I can always find my food choices unlike SparkPeople but I find that my caloric allowance is a bit of a challenge. Should I do the adjusting and fold to MFP's suggestions or can I tailor this and still be successful?

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    If you go into your settings and the goals area, you can adjust your nutrition and calorie goals manually.

However, if you need 7% carbs or something like that - that is only in premium. Free version only lets you do the percentage in multiples of 5.
  • Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Is it worth it to pay for premium?
  • MyPrimalLife
    MyPrimalLife Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i have 7% carbs as my goal, but MFP only allows me to input 5%, but of course when i go to the nutrition section after i log everything, i can see my % and make sure i am at or near 7%.

i ended up putting my calorie goal as 2100 calories so that i won't "go over" every day.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Jan93L wrote: »
    Is it worth it to pay for premium?

In my opinion MFP is really just not geared for anything but a SAD CICO-based diet. I think it's far easier to just accept the shortcomings and not waste any money on it!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I've heard premium is not really worth it.
    I went into goals and set my carbs as 10%, fat 65% and protein 25%. That put my carbs at 34 gm/day. My true goal (before I shifted to maintenance, where it's a tad higher) was 20-30 net but 34 was close enough and I would just keep an eye on it and subtract fiber. In the "Notes" section I'd jot down how many net carbs per day.