Team 4

Options

Replies

• summ72
    summ72 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hey Team 4 Wildflowers......I tried to help boost the minutes today. I started out with 60 mins on the treadmill and then we went sight seeing with some family that was visiting from out of town and so I added 53 more mins for a total of 113 minutes today :) I am really looking forward to the weigh in on Tuesday. Just curious what happens now will there be another challenge for this week?
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Went for a walk today outside and did the dumbbell challenge. Skipping the squats today...giving my knees a rest. How's everyone else doing?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hey, Melanie. Great job upping your minutes! Thanks! Usually by now, Melodie, (@mallowbar) will have posted a new destination and roadblocks and/or challenges for the next week. She is at her daughter's graduation dinner tonight so we may not see anything specific until later or tomorrow. She will do the scoring for this week and post the results sometime before this week ends.
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I did added my minutes for Saturday and Sunday.. Did arm challenge for the entire week that was fun? I couldn't walk outside due to rain.. Looking forward to next week's challenge.

I am hoping I lost some weight tomorrow morning when I weigh
  • misstori4
    misstori4 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Anyone fall of the bandwagon over the weekend? I sure did. Baby shower Friday night with lots of yummy food, no exercise or logging my food today and yesterday. Need to get back on track. Weekends are a big struggle for me.
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Weekends are my struggle and sugar too and that's why I joined the challenge in January.. I honestly followed to the T.. It has helped me a lot.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Weekends can be tough for sure, Tori, especially if you have functions. Don't beat yourself up and, like you said, just get back on the wagon on Monday morning!
  • NicoleMallette
    NicoleMallette Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, weekends are always a struggle for me. Don't eat properly. During the working week it's much easier for me. Thanks to all the support !!!
  • shaunie126
    shaunie126 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You guys are great. Thank you for letting me know I'm not the only one. I didn't fall off the bandwagon but I was hanging off the side.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Good morning, Team Wild Flowers! I hope you all enjoyed last week and have figured out this Amazing Race thing. Unfortunately, we did not make it to Greece, but we gave it a good try. In our defence we only had 13 team members participate. Not the smallest team, but not the largest either. I would like to give a special shout out to Ruffa, Melanie, Mauli and Lexy for finding the time to exercise all seven days last week! That's dedication! Of course, I know we all did the best that we could given our schedules! That's all any of us can do.
  • violet0ann
    violet0ann Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone sorry I had a bit of a busy weekend so i didn't update Fridays or the weekend till now.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Okay, this week we are travelling to Ireland....just in time for St. Patrick's Day! It is a shorter distance, so I am confident we will make it this week.

There are two Roadblocks, and just like the TV show, we EACH need to do ONE. Of course, we can still get credit for both if we choose to do both.

The first Roadblock is the seven Irish dance videos. I haven't looked at them yet, so I can't comment but they are worth 35 points if you do all seven. That's quite a chunk of points! (I would imagine they get the heart rate up, so a good workout as well!)

The second Roadblock is preparing an Irish inspired meal and it is worth 25 points. Melanie gave two examples of corned beef and cabbage, or lamb or beef stew, but obviously there are others out there. I am not sure how much of a stickler she will be on actually preparing them ourselves or if just eating an Irish inspired meal, let's say at a restaurant, would count. I will let you know.

The Nutritional challenge is worth 5 points and it is VERY easy! Over five days, eat at least one fruit or vegetable in these five colour groups (I am Canadian, thus the spelling!): red, green, blue/purple, yellow/orange, and white. This has to be over five days....don't just eat them all in one day!

The Accountability challenge is also worth 5 points. It is to log your food in MFP for five days this week. It is a habit that, if you don't have it already, should adopt quickly if yo want to succeed at this weight loss thing. And if you go over your daily calorie allotment, that's fine...it happens from time to time and at the beginning of this process if you are just figuring out how to do it. So hit the "complete this day's entry" button on your log or just post in the thread that you have entered all your food for the day (it is an honour system here).

I have asked Melodie how to set up the spreadsheet for this week. Will keep you posted.

Best of "luck o' the Irish" this week everyone!

Lisa

• NicoleMallette
    NicoleMallette Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies. I just updated my stat's so sorry for the late entries. Also I did not know where to enter for the extra points for eating Greek foods. I had spinach last week 4 times.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I got you covered, Nicole. Roadblock #2 was the Greek food.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Monday - red (apple)
  • misstori4
    misstori4 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ireland!! Love Ireland. It is inspiring to start new goals this week.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Yes, new week, new opportunities to achieve some personal goals! I have set up the spreadsheet for this week (just scroll down from week #1). Kate, if you get bored at work, we would love if you would do your magic again! If not, I think it will suffice.
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Today, Monday I ate strawberries for breakfast :) for the nutritional challenge
  • summ72
    summ72 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Monday I ate a red apple :smile:

Tomorrow is weigh in day good luck Wildflowers.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Tori, it sounds like you have actually visited Ireland....have you?