Lettuce

Options
lowcarbluvin
lowcarbluvin Posts: 17 Member
Does everyone count the carbs in lettuce? I really didn't realize that there were carbs in lettuce. I had a Subway salad for lunch and figured out 3 cups of shredded lettuce was in that salad which shows 3 carbs.

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. It kind of sucks when you go out to eat because they usually give you so much but when you make your own, you can usually get away with less.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I count all carbs. But even if I didn't, some of the carbs in lettuce come from sugar, so I would only subtract the fiber carbs.
  • MyPrimalLife
    MyPrimalLife Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i count them. i love salad!!
  • WhatLouAte
    WhatLouAte Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yes I count the carbs in everything
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I count carbs in everything. Love me some spring mix!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I count all carbs in everything, too, but I do subtract fiber and keep a closer eye on net carbs than total.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Yep, I count the carbs in any vegetables, including salads, that I eat.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Yep, I sure do. I count everything that goes in my mouth, except water, which I actually need to do a better job of logging. But then today I had 9 g carbs, so the 1/2 a carb in my salmon lettuce cups at lunch accounted for a notable amount of my daily carbs percentage-wise.
  • no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I count the carbs in everything as well but I do only count net in those. In my honest opinion, where do you draw the line between watching carbs and then removing all forms of natural vitamins from green veggies. My carb intake goes up because I eat half a bag of broccoli at almost every dinner but I mean come on,... it's broccoli! And My subway salads usually range between 7-10 carbs because of the lettuce/spinach according to their website. How are you only getting 3? Just curious.
    Thanks!
  • lowcarbluvin
    lowcarbluvin Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I count the carbs in everything as well but I do only count net in those. In my honest opinion, where do you draw the line between watching carbs and then removing all forms of natural vitamins from green veggies. My carb intake goes up because I eat half a bag of broccoli at almost every dinner but I mean come on,... it's broccoli! And My subway salads usually range between 7-10 carbs because of the lettuce/spinach according to their website. How are you only getting 3? Just curious.
    Thanks!

I'm sorry....I meant it was a net 3 carbs not a total 3 carbs. It's kind of sucky to use carbs on lettuce. :)
  • no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

I'm sorry....I meant it was a net 3 carbs not a total 3 carbs. It's kind of sucky to use carbs on lettuce. :)

Agreed. 95% of my carb intake is green veggie. I range between 20-30 net carb a day but I have veggies at almost every meal. I love the fiber and the way it fills me up!!
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I count it. I'm okay with the occasional salad but they are not my favorite.
  • ClaireBearOz
    ClaireBearOz Posts: 64 Member
    Options

Agreed. 95% of my carb intake is green veggie. I range between 20-30 net carb a day but I have veggies at almost every meal. I love the fiber and the way it fills me up!!

Yes, I absolutely count all carbs. No point deluding yourself.
    And like no_day_but_2day I'm not happy if I'm not eating lots of fresh greens. They fill me up very well as well as offering all the health benefits.
    I'd much rather use my carb ration on fresh veggies than on sugar substitutes and baked goods. I've tried cutting out vegies, but it's not for me.
    (I seldom bother with iceberg lettuce though, for me it's arugula/rocket, baby spinach or romaine/cos lettuce.
  • ClaireBearOz
    ClaireBearOz Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I should have said "sugar alcohols"...

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I log every single thing I eat, so therefore automatically count carbs too.
  • Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I count all the carbs, too. Just looked up cabbage. It has 5.2 total carbs and 2.2 fiber per cup , chopped. I'vebeenmaking ( and eating )coleslaw a couple times a week. It has lots of vitamin C. I figured It was safer than eating an orange. Hmmm.